• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

I need to catch up with this thread, however I thought I would share that it is now my birthday. This is relevant because I was born at 3:43 am (seriously).

Carry on.

The AGL personal ordnance really wasn't that bad. 343 also said clear as fucking day that those weren't all the fixes in the TU, and yet, people are acting like no more fixes are already confirmed. It's like they want this game to fail and are declaring it before 343 finishes their sentence.

My sadness from the bulletin is this:

but just to set your expectations accordingly, we know we still have work to do. There’s more balancing to be done and more issues to address, and we are actively working with the Halo 4 game team to investigate the feasibility of additional fixes. We’ll share the complete change list after it launches, but here are a few of the big ticket items:

• Reduced the range of the Boltshot’s damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was 20'-25'. The range has been reduced to 15'.
• Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.
• Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage / EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.

That's the problem. Look at the wording. That entire passage has me worried, especially the part when they said those were some of the "big ticket" fixes..

----------

Once again the bulletin has me lul'ing though :] Those Valentine's Halocards were hilarioussss hahah - Maybe I'm just a cheap date?

<3,

FUNKNOWN

Computron

I need to catch up with this thread, however I thought I would share that it is now my birthday. This is relevant because I was born at 3:43 am (seriously).

Carry on.

your-birthday.jpg

That's the problem. Look at the wording. That entire passage has me worried, especially the part when they said those were some of the "big ticket" fixes..

We could be taking that line too literal though, just throwing that out there. bsangel could have typed that up not really thinking how serious it may be taken. All I'm pointing out is that there's no reason to be positive or negative about missing info on the TU when we no nothing about it.

I hope that is a Spartan Ops map, I don't like seeing Wraiths in small and medium sized maps.

Now that you mention it, the Spartan does have a darker shade of red than the standard Red team color. This may very well be Spartan Ops. Could be lighting or Regicide though...

Fotos

Personal Ordnance in Team Throwdown? There goes any hope of giving this game another chance.

The personal ordnance enabled simply refers to the AAs (thruster, hologram, hardlight) that can be found in v2. This should not be a shock to anyone, and it clearly states that this is for v2 - it is not playlist wide.

The alternate DMR-start settings will feature personal ordnance disabled.

Read before you post ;)

We could be taking that line too literal though, just throwing that out there. bsangel could have typed that up not really thinking how serious it may be taken. All I'm pointing out is that there's no reason to be positive or negative about missing info on the TU when we no nothing about it.

If Halo's history is anything to go by, then......

Not to be dramatic, but I think my body is ready for the "next" Halo that isn't Halo. If at least deathmarks aren't in this TU I think everyone should take it personally and just stop playing the game. How many times must we be slapped in the face? Bungie's been doing it for years and 343 is repeating the cycle? Too much time is passing, too many things going on in the gaming industry, too little is being said and as a result it appears to be too little is being done to actually improve Halo 4 too slowly.

I appreciate Bungie/343 as much as the next guy, but this ridonkulous. iCry

Happy Birthday heckfu ;]
and demon/ryan

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Whoa I was so transfixed by the Boltshot nerf I totally glazed over the fact that now you can disable instant respawn in custom gametypes. That's fucking huge. That was my Tier 1 TU fix.

Nooooiiiiiiiiicccceeeeee

CyReN

tashi stop sending ghost what i post here.

if not tashi, then random person please stop making my skype convos fun.

if ghost is actually reading this, then lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
tashi stop sending ghost what i post here.

if not tashi, then random person please stop making my skype convos fun.

if ghost is actually reading this, then lol.

I have no clue what you're talking about

Also, no red X's on the map really shows the flaws in map design and landmark creation.

IHaveIce

Banned
Personal Ordnance in Throwback

are you kidding me? Way to ruin the only promising playlist.

Fuck that 343 is too dumb.
EDIT: I just wanted to join the ranting.

And yeah, still thinking they should have clarified that in the bulletin.

TU right now seems to be a lackluster

What's wrong with BR starts?
It is just... Why even have 4 different primary precision rifles if they aren't balanced...

I thought Doubles Pro was a great sign. It had all 4 primary precision rifles.
I figured, "Hey! The DMR is a bit overpowered right now, but this might be a sign that they are going to rebalance the weapons in the upcoming title update!"

But, nope.

I love Halo 4's concept art. It makes me think of all the awesome things 343 could have accomplished if they had 6 months more of dev time.

Top Bottom