• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Man I only just got to Connor in AC3

That game takes way too long to get its legs under it, but once it did I loved it.

I think it was sequence 6 where I played over 10 hours of gameplay without touching a story mission because I just got wrapped up in side missions and hunting in the frontier.

Toa TAK

Banned
You must be new here.

Thanks for that code link earlier btw. For some reason I tried to put in the first code and it said I needed to beat the first 15 chapters of Spartan Ops on Legendary, which I have. So I don't know what's up with that.

Do it again, maybe? I'm not sure. Did you enter it via the website or Waypoint? I know it probably doesn't make a difference, but I don't think it would hurt to check.

kylej

Banned
I think I just find Renaissance era Italy more interesting than any other historical setting for an AC game. I'm born and raised outside of Boston so maybe AC3 will blow me away when I start playing it but I dunno.

Toa TAK

Banned
I think I just find Renaissance era Italy more interesting than any other historical setting for an AC game. I'm born and raised outside of Boston so maybe AC3 will blow me away when I start playing it but I dunno.

I feel like I'm one of the few who feel the opposite. I got bored of Italy (and Ezio, too) really quickly in AC2 and Brohood. Constaninople was awesome, Holy Land was, too.

Ghazi

I wouldn't say so. If I were you I'd pick up II for starters. But if you really want to get into it, you're better off trying 1 first. Better story, too, even if the gameplay gets really repetitive.

Begin with AC2. It's the best out of the bunch. You can read the story of AC1 if you want to, but the story in AC is pretty lame anyway so I wouldn't bother.

I've heard 2 was good, darn I should've bought it during the Xbox Live sale while it was $10.

CyReN

AC2 > Bro > 3 > Rev > 1

From the trailer it looks like the protagonist will be like Ezio, I didn't like Connor at all.

Guys, give it to me straight. Let's say the loadouts had 2 weapon slots. Any can go anywhere but you can't have overlap (but no secondary is an option).

Battle Rifle / Carbine / Light Rifle
Halo 4 Assault Rifle / CE Plasma Rifle / Oscillator (Primary Fire: Pulse Beam, good against shields. Alt-fire: Sentinel Beam-style weapon, good against health)

I definitely want the Halo 4 Pistol to return as a loadout weapon because I think it's just about perfect in its current state, but what about the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot? I feel like making a sidearm category for pistols or whatever would make sense, but I'd rather the Plasma Pistol not ruin vehicle combat like in 4 and the Boltshot just seems like such a boring weapon.

Likewise with the Suppressor.

Ghazi

Guys, give it to me straight. Let's say the loadouts had 2 weapon slots. Any can go anywhere but you can't have overlap (but no secondary is an option).

Battle Rifle / Carbine / Light Rifle
Halo 4 Assault Rifle / CE Plasma Rifle / Oscillator (Primary Fire: Pulse Beam, good against shields. Alt-fire: Sentinel Beam-style weapon, good against health)

I definitely want the Halo 4 Pistol to return as a loadout weapon because I think it's just about perfect in its current state, but what about the Plasma Pistol and Boltshot? I feel like making a sidearm category for pistols or whatever would make sense, but I'd rather the Plasma Pistol not ruin vehicle combat like in 4 and the Boltshot just seems like such a boring weapon.

Likewise with the Suppressor.

Wahrer plz no

Akai__

Assassinations are the best thing to happen to Halo since Xbox LIVE

Yeah, not really. They look cool and such, but they are just a waste of time. Would be better, if you could disable assassinations in controller settings, because even if I press the button for a very short time, it wil eventually end in an assassination and that's really annoying.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How interested would you guys be on helping me run some Forge maps for FFA tonight?

I wanna get a party going tonight, it should be fun.

NOKYARD

How interested would you guys be on helping me run some Forge maps for FFA tonight?

Count me in.

Okay - here's a second gametype that needs a name. I'm gonna go crash and come back in the morning to see how many people suggest, "Infinityball". I'm guessing >5.

Base gametype - Grifball
Loadouts hidden
Primary; Scattershot [Unlimited]
Secondary; None
Grenades; None
AA; HLS [Unlimited]
Support; Dexterity
Tactical; None

Grif traits - reduced speed, closer to HLS active walking speed to encourage phalanx-es

(I did this with Boltshots before and it was pretty funny, but now I can't exploit their silly properties for the same shenanigans. The BS nerf killed like half of my customs gametypes.)
Griefball. Ship it!

Booties

Banned

My friend cancelled his pre order when Philadelphia got cut. We were pretty disappointed.

That game takes way too long to get its legs under it, but once it did I loved it.

I think it was sequence 6 where I played over 10 hours of gameplay without touching a story mission because I just got wrapped up in side missions and hunting in the frontier.

Yeah I'll get there one day.

Maaaaybe.

Yeah I saw the Banshee it was a combination of crappy spawns and just not knowing what to do after they spawned.
Soooo...BTB on Exile... Even if they "know what to do" their best option is to keep desperately trying to kill the tank that has them pinned in that stupid base spawn. There is no safe or effective escape route. Even though I did pretty crappy, that short clip took what was a fairly close game and gave us a huge, practically insurmountable lead.

The first time I got in one, my teammate decided to EMP me and throw stickies at me. :/

Well, at least the EMP thing can't happen anymore.

Hey guys, do you know if the maps are tied to your Xbox, HD, or just profile?

I'm about to head to an old fashion LAN with my friends and I'm not sure what to bring.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gonna be running an old school FFA gametype for testing tonight if you guys get on. It'll be like FFA Pro but with Radar so no one has to worry about camo abuse and stuff.

Ghazi

Soooo...BTB on Exile... Even if they "know what to do" their best option is to keep desperately trying to kill the tank that has them pinned in that stupid base spawn. There is no safe or effective escape route. Even though I did pretty crappy, that short clip took what was a fairly close game and gave us a huge, practically insurmountable lead.

I didn't see anybody attempt to EMP you, that's what I meant by knowing what to do, instead of mindlessly running towards you and shooting anyone could've easily fired an EMP from a good distance and hit you since you were stationary for a little bit, that's not counting the lock-on. One of the guys at the turret placement had nearly 7-8 seconds before you shot him after he had respawned, that's way more than enough time to EMP you, kill your gunner, and proceed to keep EMP'ing you until he got into boarding distance or they could've just kept shooting you. Then you wouldn't have been suppressing them so heavily and you wouldn't have gotten such a huge lead.

Top Bottom