• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

TCKaos

6Iz6e9f.jpg

Best skit of the /v/GAs so far. Guy from HowToBasic (I think) put DEWXP Doritos and DEWXP Dew in to a bowl and blended it. A few eggs later and Disc 1 of Halo 4 was at the bottom of the bowl. Shit was hilarious.

IHaveIce

Banned
6Iz6e9f.jpg

Best skit of the /v/GAs so far. Guy from HowToBasic (I think) put DEWXP Doritos and DEWXP Dew in to a bowl and blended it. A few eggs later and Disc 1 of Halo 4 was at the bottom of the bowl. Shit was hilarious.

:lol How to basic is probably the most hilarious shit to watch when I'm wasted. Sounds like a good one

ZeNy

Neo Member
Sorry boys, ACB > AC2 > ACR > AC3 > AC1

Also, I think it says something about a game known for its singleplayer when the most fun I had with it was in the (usually an afterthought) multiplayer.

*shrug* I just didn't find the game nearly as fun as previous titles, and the time period is interesting as far as the story goes, but the setting is a terrible fit for the gameplay.

Nope. AC1 is like ODST, it's all about the mood and the art direction. Even with a repetetive gameplay, the freedom in this game and its look can put it, by far, at the top of my list.

AC1 > ACB > ACR >= AC2 >> AC3

(I must admit I put Revelation at the equal level than AC2 because I liked the OST and the story of Altaïr and how Ezio lives it was something gorgeous for me, especially the
final meet between Ezio and Altaïr, so wonderful

Sai-kun

Banned
Nope. AC1 is like ODST, it's all about the mood and the art direction. Even with a repetetive gameplay, the freedom in this game and its look can put it, by far, at the top of my list.

(I must admit I put Revelation at the equal level than AC2 because I liked the OST and the story of Altaïr and how Ezio lives it was something gorgeous for me, especially the

AC1's at the bottom not because it's the worst, but because it just isn't as good the others. I fucking LOVED AC1 (I think you and I are like 2 of 5 people who enjoyed it :p), but me being the completionist I am, had to do every mission before every assassination, and I think that soured my view of the game a little. The setting and story are definitely the high points of the game, and they're fantastic.

Caja 117

I agree, people dont give too much merit to AC1 due to the repetitive nature, but exploring the cities, how each city is unique in its architecture, and the whole setting where it takes place (which is where "the Hashashins" originate from). Is what atracts me the more about the game.

ZeNy

Neo Member
AC1's at the bottom not because it's the worst, but because it just isn't as good the others. I fucking LOVED AC1 (I think you and I are like 2 of 5 people who enjoyed it :p), but me being the completionist I am, had to do every mission before every assassination, and I think that soured my view of the game a little. The setting and story are definitely the high points of the game, and they're fantastic.

First time, I enjoyed AC1. Then I played maybe 7 or 8 times, and like you, I have done all the missions before an assassination. Still my favorite.

I totally understand you about the others games (maybe not about AC3 because I'm not a huge fan of Boston & cie), and I think Caja 117 :

I agree, people dont give too much merit to AC1 due to the repetitive nature, but exploring the cities, how each city is unique in its architecture, and the whole setting where it takes place (which is where "the Hashashins" originate from). Is what atracts me the more about the game.

said all I was thinking about exploring each cities and discovers every pieces of architecture. Glad to see I am not the only one to love AC1. =P

In fact, to make a parallel, I hope Destiny will be able to bring me something similar in term of exploration.

Caja 117

First time, I enjoyed AC1. Then I played maybe 7 or 8 times, and like you, I have done all the missions before an assassination. Still my favorite.

I totally understand you about the others games (maybe not about AC3 because I'm not a huge fan of Boston & cie), and I think Caja 117 :

said all I was thinking about exploring each cities and discovers every pieces of architecture. Glad to see I am not the only one to love AC1. =P

In fact, to make a parallel, I hope Destiny will be able to bring me something similar in term of exploration.
After reading my post from your post i typed "more" instead of "most" sorry for the typo.

And so i dont waste a post on something not Halo related, again, something about Halo: some pages back people were talking about which one is better, Reach or Halo 4. From the box Halo 4 is better hands down, there is nothing worst than bloom, armor lock and Reach disc map. The only thing playable in Reach is MLG playlist post no bloom patch. Halo 4 didnt need a patch to be good.

Crimson achievements. I need a group of people that want to boost for any remaining ones you need. I'm on now, invite/join/message if interested.
GT is Zoso Achilles

IHaveIce

Banned
To be honest, if this guy is a troll I think we should give him more credit. First thread is pure, unadulterated genius.

I support this guy. He is our white knight in shiny armor. HE could save Halo from being dad you know?

edit: I have way too much fun at this :lol

I love AC1.

ACR > AC3> AC2 > AC1 > ACB

Not even joking I hated ACB so much that I just stopped playing it for a long time which is something i Have not done with any of the others.

I loved ACR the story felt fresh, the characters were great and it wrapped up ezio and altiar nicely. Not to mention the city was cool and the desmond sections with subject 16 were grea.

The only redeeming feature of ACB was the desmond stuff but that is the weakest desmond arc yet and its few and far between. Rome felt dead and the outskirts plain sucked.

I know I'm alone in this view and I can live with that but for me ACB is the weakest in the series.

Toa TAK

Banned
I love AC1.

ACR > AC3> AC2 > AC1 > ACB

Not even joking I hated ACB so much that I just stopped playing it for a long time which is something i Have not done with any of the others.

I loved ACR the story felt fresh, the characters were great and it wrapped up ezio and altiar nicely. Not to mention the city was cool and the desmond sections with subject 16 were grea.

The only redeeming feature of ACB was the desmond stuff but that is the weakest desmond arc yet and its few and far between. Rome felt dead and the outskirts plain sucked.

I know I'm alone in this view and I can live with that but for me ACB is the weakest in the series.
You're not alone. ACB is the only game I can't get excited to play or have much fun playing. Rome gets old-fast- and Ezio's story wasn't really all that this time around. Not interesting (minus the historical connections) and Cesare was a laughable villan.

ACR, as much crap as it gets, is my favorite Ezio games for the reasons you listed above.
Constantinople is great all around. It's just too bad the game didn't have as much content as Brohood.

ACIII>AC1>ACR>ACII>ACB for me.

Havok

From twitter:
Quinn DelHoyo said:
FYI Capture the Flag players. Ragnarok has been updated to 3 caps to win. Hopefully matches will now end on scoring instead of time. #Halo4

Should have been the case from the beginning, I don't know why so many maps have the Score to Win set to 5. It only works on small arena maps, anything else just becomes a slog that feels like it should have been over five minutes before it ends.

Also, remove the Mantis from the 5v5 variant of that map in CTF if you want fewer boring standoffs. Force people to actually use the Warthog.

Toa TAK

Banned
From twitter:

Should have been the case from the beginning, I don't know why so many maps have the Score to Win set to 5. It only works on small arena maps, anything else just becomes a slog that feels like it should have been over five minutes before it ends.

Also, remove the Mantis from the 5v5 variant of that map in CTF if you want fewer boring standoffs. Force people to actually use the Warthog.

Yes! I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I don't like ties. I prefer losses to ties.

And removing the Mantis would be nice. No one really uses the Warthog, except for granting the other team double or triple kills.

Ghazi

From twitter:

And it only took us 4 months since launch to fix this!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks to everyone that helped me test maps tonight for the FFA Contest. I really appreciate it. Hope you guys had fun! <3

Omni

How anyone can put AC3 above all the other games in the series is beyond me. It's literally the Halo 4 of the Assassin's Creed series, albeit they made even worse decisions and beyond the crap on top, there isn't a good game underneath. Between the incredibly linear, timed missions, a four hour intro with a character that's more interesting than Connor, the over simplified controls and a story that is a mix of 'how fucking boring' and 'what the fuck were they thinking' and you've easily got the Worst Assassin's Creed gam ever created. Lets not even talk about things that aren't even explained to the player (crafting, trading anyone?) and the glitchy mess that was the game upon release.

Bit of a rant, but that was 2012's biggest disappointment and a lot of people agree.

Top Bottom