• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks that my brothers can't play my games.
They better bring back multiple save slots for games so that they can play on a different save slot.

Let's just pretend for a second it's backwards compatible and used-game friendly.

It did not specify hardware details. Came out and said good graphics aren't a priority. Features Kinect in every box. Bulletpointed cable tv and fantasy football. Do the maths. This is not going to be a game console. It's a Blu-Ray player with very elaborate features.

E3

They said before today that today was going to be about showing the console and platform and E3 was going to be about the games.

heckfu

Banned
I know it's not the ideal solution, but it needed to be addressed obviously. I don't know what IS the best scenario either, unfortunately, but it's how I feel.

Madness

I think my 12 year+ run with Xbox ends. It's just not what I want, plain and simple. I already have a great television service, I don't care for twitter, Skype or much social media.

I'm in it for the games, it's what I use my xbox 360 for 99.9% of the time.

Why do I want to support a console that is so anti-gamer? My console is connected to a 50 mbps Internet everyday. It's never offline unless xbox is down, that doesn't mean I want it forced onto everyone. No used games? What about lending games to friends? Basically useless. Forget gamestop, what if I want to take NHL to my friends house on a Friday night and drink beers and play a few matches with a couple friends, if he doesn't have it, he'll have to pay?

When did they say this event was about the hardware/entertainment? You guys made this up yourselves. They said this was the short reveal with more to follow at e3. The point is, with this media device, they emphasized what they wanted. Windows 8 style integration, live TV, social media, apps/services and THEN games. At e3 we'll get more games info for sure, especially after this presentation, but you can bet there will be more on their television/entertainment services.

They bookended this presentation with a game that will probably be available on 7+ platforms. Why not show more original IP's? I can get a ps4 and get the same CoD:Ghosts experience.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Controller looks good, glad that it's blu-ray for media. 500 gb seems small for potentially 25-50 gb games that have to be mandatory installed. But damn, online at some point every 24 hours, some form of fee/service to trade/swap used games, such anti consumer practices.

BK0h6MACQAATzFk.jpg:large

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jesus Christ this is turning into a PR nightmare. I don't even mean some features that people dislike, I mean the fact that no one knows what's fact or fiction about this new Xbox except for what the fuck it looks like lol.

I'm a slave to Halo and a love a bunch of MS first party titles so I'll definitely be getting the Xbox One on launch. Forza 5 on launch will be so sick.

Conference was not very good but I know I'll be satisfied with this new Xbox over time. The lack of games at today's conference makes me very excited for E3. I'm expecting a lot of great stuff.

I think my 12 year+ run with Xbox ends. It's just not what I want, plain and simple. I already have a great television service, I don't care for twitter, Skype or much social media.

I'm in it for the games, it's what I use my xbox 360 for 99.9% of the time.

Why do I want to support a console that is so anti-gamer? My console is connected to a 50 mbps Internet everyday. It's never offline unless xbox is down, that doesn't mean I want it forced onto everyone. No used games? What about lending games to friends? Basically useless. Forget gamestop, what if I want to take NHL to my friends house on a Friday night and drink beers and play a few matches with a couple friends, if he doesn't have it, he'll have to pay?

When did they say this event was about the hardware/entertainment? You guys made this up yourselves. They said this was the short reveal with more to follow at e3. The point is, with this media device, they emphasized what they wanted. Windows 8 style integration, live TV, social media, apps/services and THEN games. At e3 we'll get more games info for sure, especially after this presentation, but you can bet there will be more on their television/entertainment services.

They bookended this presentation with a game that will probably be available on 7+ platforms. Why not show more original IP's? I can get a ps4 and get the same CoD:Ghosts experience.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Controller looks good, glad that it's blu-ray for media. 500 gb seems small for potentially 25-50 gb games that have to be mandatory installed. But damn, online at some point every 24 hours, some form of fee/service to trade/swap used games, such anti consumer practices.

So you dont buy games on Steam or Origin?

And either they have a lot more to show, or theyre really putting too much faith in COD.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Top bit looks weird to me, but holding it is the real test. Gerstmann seems to like it.

15 exclusive games doesn't really say that either though.

Aside from the online verification & used game awful nuttery, this was just a real miscalculated reveal.

Far from over until the fat lady sings, for better or worse.

15 exclusive games in the next year. So that could mean 6 this E3 (including sequels) and 9 next year (including sequels - 3 new IPS on top -)

Gordon

The used game thing sucks for a lot of people, I get that, but when you buy a used game NONE of the profit goes to the people that make it.

All you're doing is supporting gamestop...it is super inconvenient as far as sharing games with friends, etc, but it's helping a problem that's gone on for a long time.
The developers get their cut when the game is sold the first time. They aren't entitled to a cut of every resale. I mean, if the product was simpler - like a bag of grain - it would make more sense. The first purchaser pays the farmer and owns the bag. That purchaser is then entitled to 100% of the resale value of that bag. If they sell it to a grocer who then resells it to somebody else, the farmer doesn't have any right to a cent of it. IP adds a layer of depth to the argument, but that's not relevant here, unless you're making copies of a game and selling them as 'used', which is illegal anyhow. MS are just shitting on an industry to favor their own.

Jesus Christ this is turning into a PR nightmare. I don't even mean some features that people dislike, I mean the fact that no one knows what's fact or fiction about this new Xbox except for what the fuck it looks like lol.

I'm a slave to Halo and a love a bunch of MS first party titles so I'll definitely be getting the Xbox One on launch. Forza 5 on launch will be so sick.

Conference was not very good but I know I'll be satisfied with this new Xbox over time. The lack of games at today's conference makes me very excited for E3. I'm expecting a lot of great stuff.
Feels intentional - like they're trying to make it impossible to form impressions so their hype is unaffected by the actual product. Got the same feeling with Halo 4 release.

The only way I'll be at the Xbox One Day One is if those exclusives are GOLDEN like AAA stuff. If its like the 360 launch line up MS can SLRP My D

Give me that Sweet Gears, Halo, Kameo, Viva Pinata ect and we might be on talking terms. I'll end up getting the system either way. Used games is a smaller issue for me (I agree with Beardfu) and so is always online (my 360 is) but the PS4 is looking attractive now based on what we "know" of the Xbox One.

Sai-kun

Banned
I know it's not the ideal solution, but it needed to be addressed obviously. I don't know what IS the best scenario either, unfortunately, but it's how I feel.

i don't know about you

but all the people i know that buy used games sure as fuck aren't gonna buy 'em now that they've gotta do it at full price. There are very few games that I can't live without.

I actually thought of that the second they said Xbox Turn On or whatever I was like, oh no some jackass is going to be shutting off my Xbox now while I'm in the middle of gaming.

Fuchsdh

59d51511-a3a1-42df-8f82-912b0a1e05cb.png

Doesn't look very portable to me. Can you even imagine an Apple logo on that monstrosity? Also, MS has tried to follow in Apple's footsteps before when it comes to entertainment devices and it hasn't gone well.

As for any comparison to Sony, it sure looks to me like MS is making several of the same errors in judgement with the XB1 that Sony made with the PS3. People want a bad-ass gaming console to play bad-ass games on, not a glorified cable box with a camera.
Sony delivered a badass game console that took hours for mandatory installs and years later cannot be used to its full potential. Whatever its faults it doesn't look like it is pulling a PS3.

You're also forgetting all the people I knew who bought an Xbox or PS2 for the DVD drive. Or the PS3 for a Blu-Ray. Those people won't care about games, they will care that this could replace almost every other device next to their TV.

TCKaos

I was thinking "Oh, hey, I think I'll play some Halo," because I've been idling on the title screen for like ten or fifteen minutes while watching some Youtube videos. I come back and see that theater is greyed out, and it turns out there are two other people I've never seen before sitting in my lobby.

What the fuck, man.

I actually thought of that the second they said Xbox Turn On or whatever I was like, oh no some jackass is going to be shutting off my Xbox now while I'm in the middle of gaming.

Imagine being a younger child.

Mom, "Come on sam, we are going to be late!"
Sam, "2 Seconds Mom just finishing up this boss"
Mom "Xbox, Off"
Sam "FUCK YOU MOTHER"

Woorloog

Banned
Not sure what's the big deal with no BC (i mean, why are people surprised). PS4 didn't have it either, the change in architecture pretty much guaranteed this.

EDIT i understand not liking having to keep the old console. But otherwise?

Duji

Imagine being a younger child.

Mom, "Come on sam, we are going to be late!"
Sam, "2 Seconds Mom just finishing up this boss"
Mom "Xbox, Off"
Sam "FUCK YOU MOTHER"

Didn't they emphasize the 'your' when they said that the Xbox One recognizes your voice?

Ghazi

Or you could do what parents have done forever. Walk over and turn the damned thing off.

OOORRRR you could be like my dad and pick up my PS2 and throw it off the roof for being on my PS2 an hour later after I was supposed to get off.

It turned out his clock was set an hour and a half ahead of the real time, he never apologized or got me a new one :(

Madness

I don't get why people keep saying E3 is for the games, this was about hardware and entertainment? Is that what they promised before this conference? All they said was we'll have a reveal today and explain more at e3. They said a new generation revealed, asked for all of us to send them our favorite gaming moments, took a shot at Sony and said they didn't show the console, ours will be a better reveal, etc.

And at the end, we saw more gameplay videos during the PS4 conference. We heard more about the specs, capabilities, we saw the controller in better detail, and we saw more games from Destiny, to Watch Dogs, to Infamous to that glorious Killzone gameplay.

Half the information we are getting now, is from tweets or off hand remarks during interviews. What kind of reveal was this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom