• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X1 is a system like no other, I think it had great potential.
Will wait to cast judgement until E3.

I just wish they'd be a little lenient with who can play what game.
My little brother should be able to play my game with his own accout on my Xbox that I first installed the game onto.

True story, I didn't actually know the final name of the system until it was announced publicly.
Are you allowed to tell us the code name you guys used? 720?

I really enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn and thought the some of the CG episodes of Spartan Ops were pretty cool.

I also played Defiance and watched the TV show, thought it was a pretty interesting experiment.

Can't wait to see how it turns out for Halo.

I met Mr. Spielberg very briefly several years ago at E3. You have to know this about me, in my previous political career I worked with some incredibly powerful people, so I don't intimidate easily. However, he was the first person I ever encountered where I was actually afraid to make eye contact. I knew if for some bizarre reason he didn't like the way I looked, he could say the words and I would be looking for another job.

Fortunately he was very nice (I basically just said hello and he went on to his next meeting) and I am entirely too paranoid. :)

I'm sure Frank has better stories. Naturally, I am very excited that we announced the TV series, and looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks about the rest of the Xbox One goodies from the rest of Microsoft at E3. True story, I didn't actually know the final name of the system until it was announced publicly.

I'm super pumped about the TV series. I really enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn, so if it's anything like that I think it'll do great.

I like the name Xbox One, though I think I preferred just Xbox. It's crazy how locked down Microsoft have been with this thing, although for good reason I think.

I met Mr. Spielberg very briefly several years ago at E3. You have to know this about me, in my previous political career I worked with some incredibly powerful people, so I don't intimidate easily. However, he was the first person I ever encountered where I was actually afraid to make eye contact. I knew if for some bizarre reason he didn't like the way I looked, he could say the words and I would be looking for another job.

Fortunately he was very nice (I basically just said hello and he went on to his next meeting) and I am entirely too paranoid. :)

I'm sure Frank has better stories. Naturally, I am very excited that we announced the TV series, and looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks about the rest of the Xbox One goodies from the rest of Microsoft at E3. True story, I didn't actually know the final name of the system until it was announced publicly.

Out all honesty, Im supper pumped about the Xbox TV series. Can you guys talk about how long ago those plans came together, or are we gonna have to wait a bit for any info at all? Either way, its pretty exciting, and has a ton of potential.

Kinda crazy about not knowing the Xbox One name. Where there any internal "rumors" about the name beforehand?

TCKaos

I'm interested in seeing where the narrative goes. I'd still like to see a SPARTAN centric live-action something or other.

My little brother should be able to play my game with his own accout on my Xbox that I first installed the game onto.

You'll be fine. The issue is taking your disc and attempting to play on another Xbox (without your profile).

Are you allowed to tell us the code name you guys used? 720?

Durango?

I've had similar experiences years and years ago with the Aussie heads of MS, Intel, Ricoh etc. Sometimes you feel invincible and other times that other party just has your number straight up.

We know E3 is the gaming focus, I'm hoping you all at 343i have a real cat in the bag for us
and a dog for good measure

I'm speculating but surely with a family subscription this would be a non-issue?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Out all honesty, Im supper pumped about the Xbox TV series. Can you guys talk about how long ago those plans came together, or are we gonna have to wait a bit for any info at all?

Frank is much better suited to answer those sort of questions. These days, my focus is on other things.

daedalius

FUD was great, and so have all the live-action commercials done over the years, so I am anxiously awaiting details about the new series.

I imagine its going to be some cross-media tie in with some sort of ODST-ish side story Halo game to release this year, but I guess that remains to be seen. I'd totally be down for that too.

FUD was great but cheesy. If the series can eliminate the cheese and up the budget from FUD it will probably work out perfectly.

I'm interested in seeing where the narrative goes. I'd still like to see a SPARTAN centric live-action something or other.

Personally, I could see ODSTs working a lot better for numerous reasons (budget firstly). It could even get a name like "Halo: Helljumpers" and sound all edgy and stuffs.

Frank is much better suited to answer those sort of questions. These days, my focus is on other things.

Hmmm.

What things exactly? With Spartan Ops seemingly done..

lybertyboy

David Ellis heading the ODST 2/Halo 2 Anniversary value pack with Kristina Drzaic confirmed. Get to work, Kotaku.

Nice try. Actually I haven't even met Kristina yet. They keep me sequestered upstairs and chained to my desk these days. :)

heckfu

Banned
At this moment, I'm focused on not saying anything that would get me fired.

fair enough.

changing tunes here, and i know i post a lot about a different video game in this thread, but holy shit i got hyped for fifa. I NEED MORE PEOPLE FROM THIS FORUM TO PLAY.

lybertyboy

If so, there better be gravity flinging shenanigans in every mission.

Originally, I wanted the orientation of the world itself to change around you so you'd be running along the walls and ceiling on the way out. When it became clear that wouldn't be possible, I worked out the other solution. Btw, here's a protip, if you're particularly clever, you can use the pulses to get through the cave faster. :)

Originally, I wanted the orientation of the world itself to change around you so you'd be running along the walls and ceiling on the way out. When it became clear that wouldn't be possible, I worked out the other solution. Btw, here's a protip, if you're particularly clever, you can use the pulses to get through the cave faster. :)

Dude. I can imagine Episphere with that... Some Shattered Horizons stuff.

Omni

That actually would have been awesome.

So I have read that the new Xbox only works with hdmi cables? If so I'm gonna need to get a new tv and replace my monitor with it. Not entirely a deal breaker but I will miss my small monitor display if I do get a Xbox

The fact headsets aren't included is a deal breaker though - I wouldn't ever want to use kinnect for party chat ever

Seems like the console and accessories could add up to quite a lot

So I have read that the new Xbox only works with hdmi cables? If so I'm gonna need to get a new tv and replace my monitor with it. Not entirely a deal breaker but I will miss my small monitor display if I do get a Xbox

The fact headsets aren't included is a deal breaker though - I wouldn't ever want to use kinnect for party chat ever

What are you currently using? If you're using DVI with a monitor, you can get HDMI-DVI cables.

Looking at the back of the console, there's HDMI in and out only.

Lack of headsets not confirmed.

Omni

Yeah. After buying the console, headset, couple of launch games, whatever else is needed and I can see it being close to a thousand dollars. Well, that's a thousand dollars here in Australia anyway. I'd prefer not to spend that much.

Slightly related... Anyone know what's going on with GTA V? It would be shame if it were limited to current gen only.

I am using a VGA cable although no doubt I could look into getting a hdmi - dvi cable which is probably the same thing. (but I imagine more expensive)

Meh no biggy

All you need to know:
711e55ffd5d5508a794161f8eaf7c355fd07d14a_large.jpg
(HDMI can go to DVI, or DVI-to-VGA, but not HDMI-to-VGA)
http://www.monoprice.com/

Nebula

As someone who enjoyed FUD, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this Halo TV series. I'm still holding out for some news more game related at E3 however.

Also Xbox One hasn't done much for me yet, and it seems a lot of people feel the same way. Also Microsoft made a huge mistake having a worldwide livestream, then spamming out US only stuff in it. Seemed really stupid to be honest as they do sell consoles in other countries.

The only way I can see them redeeming themselves is if they do another event going over all the UK and EU based apps and such, maybe at E3 after they reveal more games/gameplay.

Gui_PT

Man I just woke up from this nightmare where the new xbox presentation was awful

It was called Xbox One, wasn't backwards compatible, it's mostly used to watch tv or use bing. Not really made for games(the graphics in the games they did show didn't really look that great). CoD was the main piece and halo had a -get this- tv show hahahahahahaha

What a bad bad dream, but now it's good to be back in the real world where none of this happened!

You could get a monitor with an HDMI in, a lot of them have one these days.

The small new TV I just received as a gift only has one HDMI port, and my PC is already using that. My 360 is connected to it via a VGA cable. Good thing I'm not getting a One anytime soon, then.

heckfu

Banned
Man I just woke up from this nightmare where the new xbox presentation was awful

It was called Xbox One, wasn't backwards compatible, it's mostly used to watch tv or use bing. Not really made for games(the graphics in the games they did show didn't really look that great). CoD was the main piece and halo had a -get this- tv show hahahahahahaha

What a bad bad dream, but now it's good to be back in the real world where none of this happened!

diogo, you may want to take a seat for what i'm about to tell you...

J10

Banned
A lot of news today. Trying to catch up, just so I'm clear: Halo 4 isn't good because Bonnie Ross told Frankie it was too difficult for girls? And that's why she made it a TV show so she can just watch it play itself instead? Is that right?

Madness

Yeah. After buying the console, headset, couple of launch games, whatever else is needed and I can see it being close to a thousand dollars. Well, that's a thousand dollars here in Australia anyway. I'd prefer not to spend that much.

Slightly related... Anyone know what's going on with GTA V? It would be shame if it were limited to current gen only.

Current gen only, not even PC hinted at or announced. But I'm certain they might have the PC version ready to go with next gen versions a few months after launch. Rockstar doesn't really care too much, they march to the beat of their own drum, and it seems to work.

On a related note, this made me crack up with laughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Current gen only, not even PC hinted at or announced. But I'm certain they might have the PC version ready to go with next gen versions a few months after launch. Rockstar doesn't really care too much, they march to the beat of their own drum, and it seems to work.

On a related note, this made me crack up with laughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Funny vid.

I must be in an alternate universe or something because I enjoyed the Xbox reveal and I'm really looking forward to the Xbox One...

Funny vid.

I must be in an alternate universe or something because I enjoyed the Xbox reveal and I'm really looking forward to the Xbox One...

The Xbox reveal had some good things. For people who live in the US, like sports, and like watching TV. For any non-Americans who just want to play games, it didn't.

Gui_PT

The Xbox reveal had some good things. For people who live in the US, like sports, and like watching TV. For any non-Americans who just want to play games, it didn't.

Yeah and even if I was interested in more than games, I won't have access to most of those services so half the console is completely useless to me.

I tuned in to see the box and the OS/featureset. I understand they want to make the focus on games at E3. But I really like what I saw as far as the hardware, OS, and featureset goes. Don't give a shit about sports, Forza, CoD, or TV, but the deep Kinect integration to the OS (as well as the pack-in) and sane application management looks leagues ahead of what's available on the 360. The architecure panel later was awesome, I'm a huge fan of Microsoft's work with Azure and the improvements to the backend and OS-machine hypervisors was also impressive to me. All the hubbub about used games or online authentication doesn't effect or bother me since I rarely buy used games and I have a reliable, persistent internet connection at home. I also just renewed my Xbox Live Gold sub, so that'll carry over, too. I'm in love with the new controller. Although I'm in love with the PS4 controller, too.

Cool minor things that I wasn't expecting: 15 MS Studios games year 1, 8 new IP. That at least has my interest piqued for E3. Remedy's new concept sounds great, and the Halo TV show should also be interesting.

Microsoft told me not to expect games, so I didn't. I got an inside look at the actual hardware, box, architecture, etc. just like they said. Now I await E3 for the games.

Madness

Yeah, they'd already locked down the US market this gen, they needed to get the European market which slopped away to Sony and try again for East Asia and Japan.

I've had xbox 360 since launch, XBL gold every year and probably had a fraction of the services my brothers to the South in the US got.

All that money for essentially gaming over LIVE, that's it. Only recently did it change. How is half this new television stuff even going to fly with our restrictive CRTC? Plus, for Canadians, they didn't even show NHL during that video, which used to be the highest rated sports game for them before they started to refocus on FIFA. NHL 13 only did poorly because it was a rehashed port, online pass fiasco and that the NHL was locked out.

I tuned in to see the box and the OS/featureset. I understand they want to make the focus on games at E3. But I really like what I saw as far as the hardware, OS, and featureset goes. Don't give a shit about sports, Forza, CoD, or TV, but the deep Kinect integration to the OS (as well as the pack-in) and sane application management looks leagues ahead of what's available on the 360. The architecure panel later was awesome, I'm a huge fan of Microsoft's work with Azure and the improvements to the backend and OS-machine hypervisors was also impressive to me. All the hubbub about used games or online authentication doesn't effect or bother me since I rarely buy used games and I have a reliable, persistent internet connection at home. I also just renewed my Xbox Live Gold sub, so that'll carry over, too. I'm in love with the new controller. Although I'm in love with the PS4 controller, too.

Cool minor things that I wasn't expecting: 15 MS Studios games year 1, 8 new IP. That at least has my interest piqued for E3. Remedy's new concept sounds great, and the Halo TV show should also be interesting.

Microsoft told me not to expect games, so I didn't. I got an inside look at the actual hardware, box, architecture, etc. just like they said. Now I await E3 for the games.

You have expressed my reactions almost verbatim. Too much logic there pal, thread self destruct initiated...

Nebula

E3 or bust for a few of us then? I'm not interested in watching TV on the thing so that reveal didn't do anything for me. I never went in there expecting games and gameplay though so I can't really complain. I just hope that the E3 presentation isn't so poorly put together, and aimed so heavily at a US audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom