• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheXbox

Can't complain with this and Staten today. Wonder where that city is, looks uncharacteristically seedy for a Halo environment. Venezia, anyone?

Fracas

#fuckonami
It looks nice enough but I'd rather know more about the mode I will either spend $500 on or never touch. I understand that most Halo players are in it for campaign though.

I'm guessing we're going to see first details in March again. Spring showcase and whatnot.

tumblr_mavtpuoDns1qdd3gno1_400.gif

You can't deal with one BigShow but now put on his shoes and trying dealing with Halo 2/3 fans who didn't play CE or Halo devs who talk crap about the CE Pistol.

;]

Fuchsdh

I really like the food neon signs and little touches (it's a bit more detailed than your average Sparth piece.)

Really hoping that we get some ODST-style explorative action. The little note Josh makes about "little project" could just be downplaying the "Halo for Xbox One" thing or it could be hinting that this is a side game...

I really hope we do get to explore the streets:

In closing, I will leave you with this image from Sparth – an early exploration of a new location that features prominently in a little game project we’re tinkering with….

It kinda sounds like it may be a possibility.

Caayn

Reverse covenant tech with forerunner reverse tech in an human city.
(Mass Effect enviroment?)
Isn't covenant tech reversed engineered from forerunner tech. Making the reverse engineering of covenant tech pretty redundant when you can reverse engineer the source(forerunner tech).
I hope this is just concept art for like one section of the game. I don't want another brown/grey Halo game ;_;
Doubt that all concept art is like this. But yeah I agree, I really want a colorful Halo game again.
Will you walk through those streets with your poncho on and order Doritos and some Dew like in Blade Runner?
Fixed

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nice to get a little update about studio moves and things of that nature. Also, I'm always down for some Sparth art. I think I got a little too hyped though lol.

Saying it features "prominently" is a weird word to say. As cool as it look, it doesn't seem like it would be the setting for a main Halo game. Which makes me think that it could be an ODST-type game?

Saying it features "prominently" is a weird word to say. As cool as it look, it doesn't seem like it would be the setting for a main Halo game. Which makes me think that it could be an ODST-type game?

I don't know about that, if it was a side game why would it have the Infinity? Seems like the main line game to me.

Chettlar

Banned
Isn't covenant tech reversed engineered from forerunner tech. Making the reverse engineering of covenant tech pretty redundant when you can reverse engineer the source(forerunner tech).

Um...no?

Reverse engineering simply means they figured out how it worked and made their own. Covenant stole forerunner stuff and made their own, and then humans stole/paid for/asked for covenant tech and made their own. I'm pretty sure that's how it works, unless I'm just completely stupid.

WAIT........

What if this is a city that is co-inhabited by humans and aliens like Sangheili?

Mistel

Banned
Not to mention your relying on poorly copied technology as well.

A nice vibrant game would be nice, maybe a torn legacy style mixed with blade runner and ODST open city style gameplay.

Vico

Cool concept art. Not much to say about it, but it's nice to finally have some kind of news.

I hope this is just concept art for like one section of the game. I don't want another brown/grey Halo game ;_;

Yeah, I wish we could get a game like Halo 2, in which we got to visit so many different locations...

Nope, prophets and elites had their own tech before they discovered forerunner tech

Um...no?

WAIT........

What if this is a city that is co-inhabited by humans and aliens like Sangheili?

There is a major city with humans and covenant on kilo five novel.

Seeing as though the game is coming out this year I hope we jump from concept art reveals to actual footage of the game fairly fast. The media blackout with Halo 4 was beyond frustrating.

It was more than frustrating it was downright disgusting. Enemy reveals from toy's. Tiny glimpses of footage. Confusing and misdirection of infomation. 343 had never done that as a studio before (i find it hard to believe people in key related roles hadn't but still) so I can forgive them to an extent but we need a more steady and content filled stream of info this time.

Isn't speedrunning Skyrim missing the point, though?
I think you are missing the point of speedrunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom