• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Does anyone still play Halo Wars? How is the population online? I'm considering buying it from Games on Demand ($15) but I don't want to drop another $20 on the add ons if the online is dead. I really should've bought it when it was on sale forever ago.
There is a version with the add ons the classics version why not get that one instead? as for population it's dead realistically.

Exactly the reason i do not like BB. I don't like its personality or attitude.
Still better as a character than Serina.
I'd rather have Serina than Palmer just saying.

Ghazi

Worth it for the campaign. I don't know about the online though...
I remember playing a demo at Walmart years ago and thought it looked pretty good, I know it has the best cutscenes in the series, unfortunately I think I've had a good bit of the campaign spoiled over the years, but it should still be fairly entertaining.
Population is low (the DLC areas are pretty dead aside from people trying to boost the General achievement) but it's remarkably easy to find quickly find matches on any of the vanilla playlists. Just be prepared to get steamrolled--the people left playing are usually quite good and have got the strats down to a science.

You should be able to find a Platinum Hits version of the game on disc somewhere--that will contain all the DLC and should still be quite cheap (I'm seeing it on eBay for $5-20), unless you really want to go diskless.

Oh, I know I'll get bodied, regardless of how much I play haha. Thanks, I forgot the Platinum Hits edition even existed. Disk vs diskless doesn't really matter to me, I just saw that the digital is the same price as physical copies at most retailers that still have the game. Yeah, I think I may just get the Platinum Hits edition, I'd love to have a disc anyway.

Vico

Does anyone still play Halo Wars? How is the population online? I'm considering buying it from Games on Demand ($15) but I don't want to drop another $20 on the add ons if the online is dead. I really should've bought it when it was on sale forever ago.

Makes me think I should totally buy it too.
Loved the demo back then, but thought I would end it too fast for my liking.
I'll probably wait a couple of months, though.

Mistel

Banned
I'd rather get a HaloGAFers only lobby for sabotage, don' want to get a random kid to save an early version of the gametype and have it in the top downloads chart two days later, this actually happened with Stockpile and Rocket Race before :/

Are you ok with this?

Ouch that must have hurt for someone to steal your work, I'll play GT: deadly bl0ss0m what time are you thinking of starting?

Nebula

I'd rather get a HaloGAFers only lobby for sabotage, don' want to get a random kid to save an early version of the gametype and have it in the top downloads chart two days later, this actually happened with Stockpile and Rocket Race before :/.

GT: RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'd rather get a HaloGAFers only lobby for sabotage, don' want to get a random kid to save an early version of the gametype and have it in the top downloads chart two days later, this actually happened with Stockpile and Rocket Race before :/

Are you ok with this?

This too.

Yea of course.

Danny 117

I still play Halo Wars from time to time and the population isn't much but you will never have problems finding a game in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 standard.
If you're afraid of being owned by everyone, just watch what your teammates are doing for the first few games and learn from them. I can give you some tips when you get the game. :)

Ouch that must have hurt for someone to steal your work, I'll play GT: deadly bl0ss0m what time are you thinking of starting?

Yeah it really sucks, specially when they're pretty broken and were only intended for testing purposes.

About the time, you should ask Tashi since he is the one hosting the lobby. I only have control over Sabotage and the maps I'll be using.

Edit: http://halogaf.com/2014/01/08/halogaf-customs-11114-gabotron-interview/

Customs are 8PM Eastern.

^ I would go for the customs, but I won't be home. Ah well.

Haven't seen this posted, but the summary for Escalation #5 has been uploaded here

Could that be what I think it is?!

Cover art can be seen here

Damn, these comics are looking more relevant and interesting.. I should give them a read.

Hype if that refers to the Spirit of Fire. Seriously, it seems 343 is taking steps to really integrate the Universe rather than simply carve their own path.

I still play Halo Wars from time to time and the population isn't much but you will never have problems finding a game in 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 standard.
If you're afraid of being owned by everyone, just watch what your teammates are doing for the first few games and learn from them. I can give you some tips when you get the game. :)

a friend of mine builds a base, and just tanks everything with Arbiter. its quite impressive. While i try to assert Air Dominance.

Ghazi

Sounds good, 3v3 sounds really fun, I didn't realize this game had more than 1v1.
I'm not too worried about it, I'm sure after playing it a good bit I'll be able to figure out a good strategy. When I get it, we should play it sometime.
Halo 5 didn't make the top 15 of GAF's top 20 most anticipated games

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=749864
#18, tbh I can't really blame them. I'm still extremely skeptical of it coming out of Halo 4. They have some proving to do.

If Halo 4 had been amazing I can guarantee you it would've come out in top 10

Haven't seen this posted, but the summary for Escalation #5 has been uploaded here

Could that be what I think it is?!

Cover art can be seen here

I really hope is the SoF, serine was my favorite character so far.

Exactly the reason i do not like BB. I don't like its personality or attitude.
Still better as a character than Serina.

And there are more advanced IAs than BB gotta be curious if one of those goes rampage and you have to kill it in a future Halo.

Who's playing customs tonight, I need to know your GTs if possible fellow HaloGAFers.

GT Kame no Shiki

This was 3 month before Halo 4's Launch, though. We know like nothing about Halo 5, or whatever Halo game is coming out.

Don't forget this topic was created in july, wich means we already had a lot of gameplay videos, including the fantastic E3 demo.

Right now, Halo One is still non-existent for lots of people.

I'm sure it would be higher if we had some gameplay that looked good, but I'm also sure it would be higher if Halo 4 was something more people enjoyed.

Nebula

I think I agree with friendly fire being being off, at least in BTB. I also think it should extend to vehicles as well. Basically it should let you drive through team mates, similar to a ghost on a game like Forza.

I've honestly had enough of being instabooted.

Mistel

Banned
This lag is horrible.
It was I was sliding around the place, then I was going to play reach BTB with nebula and then where playing anniversary now.

As for halo wars I seem to suck at matchmaking I wouldn't mind learning how to do it, the only game I played I was zerged.

bidguy

Banned

i have no problems finding matches
cant say anything about dlc though

So for customs my plan is to have two matches of Sabotage, One Sided Sabotage and Team Sabotage. Each map will be played on one of the maps posted bellow.

So far this is what I got.

Team Sabotage maps.

Since this gametype only has one gennie per tem it will be played on small 4v4 maps, one round of 8 minutes.

- Pitfall. (Gennies spawn where flags are for CTF)
- Perdition.(Gennies spawn where flags are for CTF)

One Sided Sabotage.

This gametype has blue team on attack while red team must defend two gennies, it's best played on medium to big sized maps.

- Ragnarok
- Harvest

I'll post a quick tutorial later for you to know the basics of the gametype, how to shield the gennies, how fucked are your gennies and things like that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm sure it would be higher if we had some gameplay that looked good, but I'm also sure it would be higher if Halo 4 was something more people enjoyed.

All true but don't look at GAF as any sort of measure of a game's global popularity.

Gui_PT

I'd rather get a HaloGAFers only lobby for sabotage, don't want to get a random kid to save an early version of the gametype and have it in the top downloads chart two days later, this actually happened with Stockpile and Rocket Race before :/

Are you ok with this?

You should be able to arrange a session of custom games without asking anyone for permission.

The more you know.

aj1467

Oh you're going to be using Pitfall for customs?

I'll be missing that game then.

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom