• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chettlar

Banned
You can find that stuff (and their sources) out on Halopedia... or from weapon focused Bungie Weekly Updates from the H3 era, weapon articles on Waypoint, the Halo Essential Visual Guide series :)

Halopedia Link: MA5

Still, that involves a lot of looking around when the guy just has all the weapon info right there.

Oh who am I kidding, I've spent hours reading the Halopedia and Halo wikia about things like the flood and various covenant stuff.

Chettlar

Banned
There was a possible GAF breach or something so EviLore had everyone change their passwords as a precaution

That makes more sense. You guys had me worried. I dislike changing my password if I don't have to. I usually make them really complicated, and it's hard to remember them if I have to keep changing them every few months.

WMtFcSS.gif

heckfu

Banned
Yes, there's similar ones for Bayonetta, Vanquish, etc. Halo 3 is supposedly on the Steam registry though, and getting updated semi often according to people who know how to snoop around that stuff.

I think wwmonkey noted about a week ago it had been removed form the latest registry update, unfortunately.

TIME TO CANCEL THOSE DREAMS

Will probably release Halo 3 on games for windows live or some bs like that if it ever does come to pc.
Well they're in the final stages of shutting down GFW/GFWL, but yes, MS don't have a great track record for how they treat their ips, especially on the PC in the past few years.
The hint or implication that it might come to Steam is only a good thing in my mind.
RIP[/SPOILER]
Yes.

Mistel

Banned
Story people: Does Cortana split herself up in First Strike like she does at the end of Halo 4? I seem to remember something like this happening before.
RIP
She gains that ability from the covenant AI in ascendant justice, they are imperfect though. As for beforehand I can only think of the bit in reach in the package.

I like how you think. :)

---

So, against my better judgement, I clicked another Halo video by some dude on youtube.

Surprisingly...it's not bad. I usually stop after the first section of these videos since the rest doesn't really interest me, but the first parts themselves I find pretty interesting.

And they guys voice isn't near as annoying as some.

It's basically a synopsis of Halo weapons if Halo 4. The first part is the history and weapon information of the guns. I'm finding this interesting for some bizarre reason. I normally can't stand people like Halo 4 follower and all those.

Linky.

Curious, is the dude making some of this stuff up? I have no idea how he got a lot of this information.

Some of the stuff I think he is definitely projecting about, but he says as much when that happens.

Anyway, half decent bunch of videos if anybody is board as I am.

This guy is like XboxAhoy on youtube, who does this exact thing for CoD weapons.

Strange places Halo 4 shows up #2313: Fox new comedy Enlisted (Pilot episode, around 16:44 in).

Halo 4 killed that guy

aj1467

Haven't seen this posted, but the summary for Escalation #5 has been uploaded here

Missing for thirty years, a legendary UNSC warship is discovered deep behind enemy lines. As Infinity plans a rescue mission, however, Admiral Hood’s past with the ship’s captain threatens to jeopardize the mission. The investigation into the UNSC saboteur continues as the journalist infiltrates an Elite holy land in search of answers.

Could that be what I think it is?!

Cover art can be seen here

Omni

God damnit. If it is the Spirit of Fire then I'll probably have to start reading the damn comics.

If not, I can continue not caring about them.

Omni

How big is the Spirit of Fire? By memory it was the largest ship in the UNSC fleet, wasn't it? Before Infinity of course.

Mix

Oh my god, this is turning into one of the most important pieces of extended universe there has been for Halo in some time.

Striker

They need Halo 2/3 multiplayer that has the feel of gunplay in Halo 4 (with art style from Reach and CE [mostly CE], SMG from ODST, DMR from 4, Sniper from CE, ok, I could go on for a while). I haven't played a lot of Halo 4, but despite it's faults the game felt soooo good. Very satisfying gunplay.
iblOmHmiIn8Kc4.gif

Flinch.

Woorloog

Banned
3 miles would be nearly 5 kilometers long, making it nearly twice as large as it is.

Im just posting what Halopedia had on it, and what the Halo encyclopedia says about it.

But if its the Spirit of Fire, we get a Spartan II fire team and Forge... one of the only people that could be a respectable Spartan IV.

Woorloog

Banned
Forge wasn't even that good or cool character. Not a big loss.
Unfortunately the same can be said from just about every Halo Wars character.

At least the Spartans' armor was cool. Mark IV is probably my favorite.

Woorloog

Banned
I like Serina. She's a lot like Cortana in Halo 2

Bah, she's an AI. Boring.
I don't know why but i find dumb AIs to be better as characters than actual AIs, who are way too human. Why not just replace them with human characters while at it?
If a science fiction has AIs, they should act like AIs.

Fuchsdh

At this point, why not?

I like Serina. She's a lot like Cortana in Halo 2

Yeah I like characters with an acerbic wit.

As for the characters, I'd say they're all pretty unobjectionable. Forge gets some shading in the tie-in comic Halo: Genesis, but he's mostly just your bald space marine in the game. Cutter just makes decisions, Serina plots courses, and Anders pushes buttons. Nothing really objectionable about them, they're just pretty flat, and understandably so--RTS has to be the hardest genre to make you care about who's in the universe (StarCraft prolly came closest to having a good RTS story, and then they retconned and dumbed it down in Starcraft II...)

Bah, she's an AI. Boring.
I don't know why but i find dumb AIs to be better as characters than actual AIs, who are way too human. Why not just replace them with human characters while at it?
If a science fiction has AIs, they should act like AIs.

Then you must love Black Box, whose basic premise is "fuck humans, I'm better than you."

Ghazi

Does anyone still play Halo Wars? How is the population online? I'm considering buying it from Games on Demand ($15) but I don't want to drop another $20 on the add ons if the online is dead. I really should've bought it when it was on sale forever ago.

Does anyone still play Halo Wars? How is the population online? I'm considering buying it from Games on Demand ($15) but I don't want to drop another $20 on the add ons if the online is dead. I really should've bought it when it was on sale forever ago.
Worth it for the campaign. I don't know about the online though...

Fuchsdh

Who's playing customs tonight, I need to know your GTs if possible fellow HaloGAFers

Get GT: Fuchsdh

Population is low (the DLC areas are pretty dead aside from people trying to boost the General achievement) but it's remarkably easy to find quickly find matches on any of the vanilla playlists. Just be prepared to get steamrolled--the people left playing are usually quite good and have got the strats down to a science.

You should be able to find a Platinum Hits version of the game on disc somewhere--that will contain all the DLC and should still be quite cheap (I'm seeing it on eBay for $5-20), unless you really want to go diskless.

Omni

Online has a like 300 player peak.

But it's fun as hell to play by yourself in skirmish mode too. There is an automatic difficulty option which gets harder or easier depending if you win or lose. Makes some really close and epic battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom