• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Hey guys, I've been reading Halogaf for a while so finally thought I'd join. Seems like a great community to speak about Halo, other sites are just useless to discuss games. Hope I can contribute to this thread, as a huge fan of Halo I think I'll get along with some of you.

Damn this sounds like a cover letter lol.

Sorry we are not accepting new members at this time, however we will keep your application on file and consider you for future membership roles.

Welcome

heckfu

Banned
0368_3jrs.gif
the-jitterbug.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey guys, I've been reading Halogaf for a while so finally thought I'd join. Seems like a great community to speak about Halo, other sites are just useless to discuss games. Hope I can contribute to this thread, as a huge fan of Halo I think I'll get along with some of you.

Too late, Halo is dead. Sorry man.

So, what are your greatest strengths, what are your weaknesses? Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Please answer within the context of Halo.

Tawpgun

I'm looking at this gif again.
gif3bqadk.gif

Is it me, or does the BR fire slower than I remember? Like it should be a split second faster.

http://halogaf.com/survey/

heckfu

Banned

If you enjoy Halo you're in the wrong place.

senador

Banned
I'm looking at this gif again.
gif3bqadk.gif

Is it me, or does the BR fire slower than I remember? Like it should be a split second faster.

That GIF is going suuuper slow for me right now. I expect the firing rates of all the guns to be different from their past versions though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Someone go tell Waypoint that HaloGAF got an exclusive screen shot.

m23

So, what are your greatest strengths, what are your weaknesses? Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Please answer within the context of Halo.

I've been playing Halo since CE back on the original Xbox, playing splitscreen with friends back then is one of the highlights of my gaming life. Goldeneye introduced me to FPS, Halo made me love them.

I usually stick to team slayer games, and also objective gametypes when I have good teammates. I hate SWAT, I love Anniversary.

My opinion on the recent Halo 4 details:

Campaign looks amazing, can't wait. I've read all the books including the recent ones so I'm pretty hyped about the story.
I was a bit worried about the multiplayer, but reading posts from Frankie and David have soothed those worries.

kylej

Banned
If the BR has recoil, the AR better have crazy recoil. Or since this is basically COD, at least let me have a Sleight of Hand Pro equivalent to unlock with Spartan Points. Dat fast reloading.

I've been playing Halo since CE back on the original Xbox, playing splitscreen with friends back then is one of the highlights of my gaming life. Goldeneye introduced me to FPS, Halo made me love them.

I usually stick to team slayer games, and also objective gametypes when I have good teammates. I hate SWAT, I love Anniversary.

My opinion on the recent Halo 4 details:

Campaign looks amazing, can't wait. I've read all the books including the recent ones so I'm pretty hyped about the story.
I was a bit worried about the multiplayer, but reading posts from Frankie and David have soothed those worries.

Hmmm, two posts in and you haven't blown off the handle. Iiiiinteresting. You're going to go places here.

HaloGAF Test #1: What are your feelings on the 2010 video game titled "Halo: Reach" for the Xbox 360?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Uhh, I should probably leave the thread now.

See yall tomorrow for the composer news. :-D

I had successfully blocked that from my memory, good sir. I think you for reminding me.
I think Ghal's daughter was in on it too, but didn't have a mic. It really wasn't that bad until we got to that on-rails part. Such a frakking travesty; I hope whoever thought that was a good idea no longer has a job making decisions.

m23

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Its been a few months since I've been approved, just never posted.

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
Canada, 23.

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
12/13 Halo CE.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
About a year.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Halo 3 or ODST for campaign. Halo 3 for multiplayer.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
40 Lone Wolves.

AR or BR?
BR

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
CE: Blood Gulch
2: Lockout
3: High Ground

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Powerhouse.

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Multiplayer

Games completed on solo Legendary.
All Halo games on legendary, except Halo Wars.

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
????

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Halo from CE, The Covenant from 3 (thats the one with 2 scarabs right?), New Alexandria from Reach, and all of ODST.

Favorite Reach playlists.
Team Slayer, Social Slayer, DLC playlists. Mostly team slayer and objective gametypes.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Over 9000

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Not really a fan, but TU fixed it up a bit.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Would rather have them out, usually use sprint.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Mostly because of the campaign in Halo 1 and multiplayer. It got me into gaming for the most part.

zlatko

Banned
I'm more pumped for E3 than I have been in a few years thanks to this game.

I just want MSoft to have like a 10-15 min stage demo of the SP, then another 10 for some MP.

Edit: Oh and survey? Me likey.

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Nope. Been here for a few years now.

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
USA, 24.

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
When Halo fever hit for the first one. Wasn't super engrossed though till 3, which made me buy a 360 just for it. I was probably 18 for H3 I think. H1 I can't recall.

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
Probably since Reach beta. I stealth a lot. Great posters in here for laughs.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Having missed out on ODST, I have to go with Reach for both campaign and MP.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
36 or Commander Grade 2. Lone Wolves.

AR or BR?
BR

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
CE: Blood Gulch
Didn't play enough 2 multi to have one. :(
The Pit

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Powerhouse.

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
MLG

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Multiplayer

Games completed on solo Legendary.
All Halo games on legendary except ODST/Wars.

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Of course.

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
The very start of 3. Reach's night sniping mission is great too.

Favorite Reach playlists.
Team Slayer, Infected, and SWAT.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Can't handle megabytes. Mine is now being done in Jiggawats.

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Good idea, bad implimentation.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Good idea, bad implimentation. I generally went with sprint or hologram. Hated armor lock to death.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Spartan's are bad ass and MP, although sometimes frustrating, is a lot of fun with friends when equally matched.

m23

HaloGAF Test #1: What are your feelings on the 2010 video game titled "Halo: Reach" for the Xbox 360?

Tough crowd today huh lol.
It was okay I guess, definitely not my favourite. I liked the story for the campaign, but haven't replayed the campaign as much as previous games. Multiplayer is also not my favourite, primarily because of the armor abilities.

WJD

It might not be the greatest map but I always bossed on High Ground. Can count the amount of bad games I had on there on one hand.

Korosenai

Did anyone make the thread on the halo forums about the exclusive screenshot? I'm ready for some lulz

And i'm about to take that survey as well.

Tough crowd today huh lol.
It was okay I guess, definitely not my favourite. I liked the story for the campaign, but haven't replayed the campaign as much as previous games. Multiplayer is also not my favourite, primarily because of the armor abilities.

Acceptable answer, but I would have preferred, "Reach? That's for fat kids and KyleJs of the world. C'mon son, get the fuck out of here with that bastardized Shadowrun calling itself Halo"

Top Bottom