• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

daedalius

I shudder to think of the very last encounter on a difficulty higher than Normal.

lol

plasma pistol bro. Reach was easy on Legendary.

Did my legendary playthrough of Reach, still haven't really gone back; campaign and encounter design are just kinda meh. Now, I have gone back and played through the Ark and the Covenant, and the Silent Cartographer a few times since then. Just did Ark and Covenant the other day, such good levels.

WJD

I shudder to think of the very last encounter on a difficulty higher than Normal.

Legendary solo was one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had; any other game and if not for the fact that it was the last hurdle I'd have packed it in.

daedalius

Walks around corner, Fuel Rod to the face.

I had a harder time when I did it first on Heroic. When I went back on legendary, I knew exactly what to do, didn't die once on that last set of Zealots.

Kind of would prefer it being harder. Guess I could do legendary with thunderstorm and mythic on.

I'll agree that most of the Reach levels are quite forgettable. I can remember Halo 3 much better. My favorites are definitely New Alexandria and the one directly preceding that (which i can't remember the name of); although neither are close to as good as the Ark and the Covenant.

789shadow

Banned
I had a harder time when I did it first on Heroic. When I went back on legendary, I knew exactly what to do, didn't die once on that last set of Zealots.

Kind of would prefer it being harder. Guess I could do legendary with thunderstorm and mythic on.

While also being whipped by a Cat-o-Nine'Tails.

Fuchsdh

Reach on Legendary was the definition of 'not hard in the challenging sort of way', hard in the 'enjoy respawning a lot!' kind of way.

Being forced to noob combo your way through the game isn't fun. Getting dropkicked in the face constantly isn't fun.

At the very least you can skip a lot of combat, I guess.

789shadow

Banned
I don't think I'll ever play Halo on Legendary solo. It seems that once you go past Heroic it goes from "hard" to "the game is fucking cheating".

neoism

Nah, it's just that all of the levels are completely forgettable. It never reaches a high, it stays at competent the entire time.

yeah but characters we love,, make the places and situations memorable. The levels wasn't that great, but the characters made it not worth remembering.
I don't think I'll ever play Halo on Legendary solo. It seems that once you go past Heroic it goes from "hard" to "the game is fucking cheating".
yeah still can't believe I beat reaches campaign solo first one ever...

GhaleonEB

The series has been spotty about Legendary. Halo 1, 3 and ODST are great on Legendary; brutal but fair. Halo 2 and Reach, nope. Did them once and done, Heroic is where it's at.

neoism

iirc Stalker is one of the few who loved everything about that GI info so it's understandable he didn't enjoy the hitler thing

you liking the video was a surprise though :p

well I know some fans feel that way it sucks I'd hate to feel that way about one of my favorite series of games ever. I loved a lot of things from the past games. After reading the GI story I think they are taking the best from all the games and making something awesome. Plus campaign looks fucking insanely awesome. I will say also this game is definitely one of the best looking game on 360.

Risen

The series has been spotty about Legendary. Halo 1, 3 and ODST are great on Legendary; brutal but fair. Halo 2 and Reach, nope. Did them once and done, Heroic is where it's at.

Even with Co-Op? With four folks I found ODST a snore fest on Legendary - Reach as well.

I see people saw my attempt to dance with Dance Central. Did that a lot the whole weekend. I even tried the Dance thing from Star Wars Kinect. I think bsangel and Duststorm took pictures or even videos from that performance.

Tawpgun

Reach was one of the easiest legendary. P-Pistol, DMR. All Day. All the AA's helped a shit ton.

TheOddOne

I see people saw my attempt to dance with Dance Central. Did that a lot the whole weekend. I even tried the Dance thing from Star Wars Kinect. I think bsangel and Duststorm took pictures or even videos from that performance.
EVERYBODY DROP EVEYTHING YOUR DOING, WE MUST HAVE THIS FOOTAGE.

GhaleonEB

Reach was one of the easiest legendary. P-Pistol, DMR. All Day. All the AA's helped a shit ton.

I hate Reach on Legendary so, so much. Almost as much as Halo 2; the tuning feels the same, but without the bottlenecks and Jackal Snipers. The way enemy damage output is beefed up is infuriating, when coupled with the poor base movement. I die to a plasma grenade I should have been able to avoid and just hit the power button.

789shadow

Banned
yeah but characters we love,, make the places and situations memorable. The levels wasn't that great, but the characters made it not worth remembering.

I don't think Master Chief would have helped more than just a little. He's not exactly a fantastic character, really. We all love him because he's the fucking Chief.

You know, the games would be better if they all starred the guys from ODST.

Korosenai

A little off topic (and by off topic, I mean all the halo 4 talk), but according to your halo.xbox.com career overview, how many hours have you played each halo game?

Mine are:

Halo 2 - 10 days

Halo 3 - 31 days, 12 hours (and that's just my main account 0_0)

Halo Reach - 12 days, 14 hours

senador

Banned
The difference in what you, kyle and juices are doing now... and then... is number of players in the list. The divisions are distributions... fewer players in the list, mean fewer players in each division.

I've seen several folks say it's all about wins/losses now and ratings don't matter... I'm not sure where they pull that from, but from what I understand your daily ratings are what place you in a division. You are still compared to whom you are playing. If it were all about wins/losses then going undefeated would have you in Onyx - that's doesn't necessarily happen.

I don't think it takes any longer for trueskill to "work" in Arena. Rate poorly against bad kids and win (relative to others in the game)... and it will take longer to reach Onyx for sure. Rate highly and you should be seeing Onyx folks on your last day of rating. That scenario has been true for me every season I've played Arena... even this one. Kyle and I went in with just use two recently. It was my fifth day of ratings... and as expected, we matched against kids who were Onyx after our first game and got dumped on because we had a couple silver guys. Typically, I see Iron on the first, Bronze second, Silver third, Gold fourth, and Onyx fifth - depending on number of games and where my daily ratings ended the previous day. Both seasons I played I qualified in single digits in Onyx but as others, the number slid from lack of play.

If you want to hit Onyx quickly, it's almost better to go in without 4 heavy hitters so that you rank first or second every game on your team and maximize your ratings.

You are partly right in that with less people there will be fewer in each division, but they changed Arena quite a while back to be W/L bases. The number rating now serves no purpose but to inform you of how well you played that game. It's not used in placing you in a division though.

Pnut nailed it a few posts back. Gotta just play more. Who you play and beat matters a lot too. You more if the other teams placement was high, less if it was lower.

CyReN

Halo 2 - 18 Days
Halo 3 - 13 Days
Halo Reach - 9 Days

Something doesn't add up there because of this chart..
BDfuz.jpg

neoism

A little off topic (and by off topic, I mean all the halo 4 talk), but according to your halo.xbox.com career overview, how many hours have you played each halo game?

Mine are:

Halo 2 - 10 days

Halo 3 - 31 days, 12 hours (and that's just my main account 0_0)

Halo Reach - 12 days, 14 hours

h2 7 hours

h3 20 days

reach 22 days

Magni

I'm a Marseille fan as I love French football so it's an easy pick to like Arsenal the most in EPL since its just a French import team.

Think I've already said this before, but Montpellier is the only team one should root for in Ligue 1 :p (no, I'm not at all biased here...)

One of the first series to include dual wielding? How old is this guy? 10? 12?

Halo 2 was not the first by a long shot, but what games before it let you hold and control two different weapons independently (instead of just akimbo shotguns, akimbo smgs, etc) ?

I thought it was a neat idea, but it just didn't work well.

feel

36 days of Halo 3

12 days of Reach

I played Halo 2 on kai, almost every day for years. Only a few hundred games on Live when I got the 360, but these are not showing on waypoint for some reason.

WJD

Halo 2 - 1271 games - 0.91 K/D
Halo 3 - 807 games - 1.28 K/D
Halo Reach - 127 - 1.53 K/D

Very weird seeing it like that because I always thought I was a much better Halo 2 player than I was 3 and Reach. Or did the games just get easier to be good at? I'm gonna go with that.

edit:
Looking at those stats made me go through my old saved clips and I miss Halo 3 :(

Louis Wu

Both seasons I played I qualified in single digits in Onyx but as others, the number slid from lack of play.
I find it sort of amusing that top-tier players (both you and Overdoz1z mentioned falling in Onyx rankings after lack of play) FALL when they don't play for a while, while mediocre players like me CLIMB. Last season, I played enough to get ranked, plus maybe a day or two. At the end of this time, I was silver, 95%.

When the season ended (no more playing at all, for weeks), i was Silver, 25%. ;)

I guess I'd enjoy seeing the bulge of the curve move over time - I'm sure that's fully expected by anyone who understands statistics, but my brain can't get a handle on the reasoning without seeing the numbers.

CyReN

Halo 4 has to be September release, Resident Evil just change their release date and we have this in October now - BioShock Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed 3, and Medal of Honor. They won't mess with CoD Black Ops 2 in 1st Tuesday of November.

September 25th.

Halo 4 has to be September release, Resident Evil just change their release date and we have this in October now - BioShock Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed 3, and Medal of Honor. They won't mess with CoD Black Ops 2 in 1s Tuesday of November.

September 25th.

Hopefully it is. I don't want to wait an extra month or so to play it after the last few Halo games have released in September.

Ramirez

Halo 4 has to be September release, Resident Evil just change their release date and we have this in October now - BioShock Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed 3, and Medal of Honor. They won't mess with CoD Black Ops 2 in 1s Tuesday of November.

September 25th.

I've always thought Sept. It's like MS's favorite month to release their big "holiday" title the past 3-4 years...

iirc Stalker is one of the few who loved everything about that GI info so it's understandable he didn't enjoy the hitler thing

you liking the video was a surprise though :p

I did like the GI stuff your right, However the hitler thing has been abused to shit i didnt like it originally i still dont like it now. it has zero relation to my reaction of the GI leak

Did that video kill your dog?

Me and the GF are thinking about getting a rescue dog, ill get back to you later.

senador

Banned
Halo 4 has to be September release, Resident Evil just change their release date and we have this in October now - BioShock Infinite, Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed 3, and Medal of Honor. They won't mess with CoD Black Ops 2 in 1st Tuesday of November.

September 25th.

Too early.

I've always thought Sept. It's like MS's favorite month to release their big "holiday" title the past 3-4 years...

Really? I guess I just expected November-ish since they've said holiday all along and Reach will barely be turning 2. September would be awesome for sure, I'm not going to count on it though for hype's sake.

Falagard

If this is true, then theoretically based on previous Halo titles like Halo Reach, they should be hitting "Content Complete" some time in April or May.

Then they have several months of bug fixing and finally certification.

heckfu

Banned
Think I've already said this before, but Montpellier is the only team one should root for in Ligue 1 :p (no, I'm not at all biased here...)

Any other year is say it's admirable to be a Montpellier fan but since they're good for the first time in a while I'm skeptical. With that being said. John Utaka is one of the most dynamic guys in the French game.

In other news, 16 days Halo 2, 12 Halo 3, 9 Reach. Figured I would've played more 3 but I didn't have a steady stream of folks to play with. Only started playing with Gaf folks around the end of 3 (hi Sai!) and with grad school kicking in I didn't have a ton of time to devote to Reach...oh no...

Tawpgun

You know, after listening to some Halo music, Marty has this style with Halo music that the Halo 4 music we heard does not try to emulate AT ALL.

Even from the Trilogy to ODST, the thing I noticed was a big emphasis on percussion. It sounds very unique. The Halo 4 music we heard, while awesome, sorta sounded like generic orchestra stuff.

September 25th.

Hopefully, but I'm sure the release window was set a while ago (in accordance with their development schedule), so those game releases probably don't much of an effect on Halo's release date.

I'd agree, Reach's campaign isn't "bad" it's just kind of forgettable/middling. There are of course things to like, but I find it hard to be passionate about it.
A bit like Halo 3's marketing, I felt it was built up to be something it's not.

September 25th.
Perhaps. A whole extra month & half of work though.. I thought most of us got the impression that it was a November-esc thing.
I think going against COD is a bit.. self-defeating, but they really hammered that fall thing.

I do think Halo is bigger than Resident Evil though.

Ramirez

Really? I guess I just expected November-ish since they've said holiday all along and Reach will barely be turning 2. September would be awesome for sure, I'm not going to count on it though for hype's sake.

I think they'd be dumb to release any where near CoD, they'd have Sept. all to themselves just like the past couple Halo releases.

Top Bottom