• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Overdoziz

Banned
Well can I get an optional comic font style mode where if I snipe someone it says "BLAINERRRRRRR!!!" then I go for the dub but get scoped out but still get the headshot "NOSCOOOPE!"

Then later I out DMR a kid and its like GET SHIT ON!
And you should be able to upload your own audio file that plays whenever something happens.

CyReN

Spartan.ashx

Love classic helmets.

Homeboyd

Well can I get an optional comic font style mode where if I snipe someone it says "BLAINERRRRRRR!!!" then I go for the dub but get scoped out but still get the headshot "NOSCOOOPE!"

Then later I out DMR a kid and its like GET SHIT ON!
Custom medals for customs...

You may be on to something here.

I hate bulk, so I go for the least bulky Spartan possible. I was using the female model until recently. I hate the people that put every huge armor piece imaginable on their Spartan and make them look ridiculous.

http://web-service.halo.xbox.com/Stats/Reach/Spartan.ashx?i=v1%7cmK4dnV6PzGynzxUPy_2x8S3gwZ7rCYZ0gyHpmw4C-s9BjT9FsmnMN2NIhXc[IMG][/QUOTE]
Just depends on what the pieces look like for me. I usually go for a functional look with the exception of the helmet.

Fuchsdh

As long as they bring back the Mk V helmet (and something akin to the more faithful CEA version, not the horrible Reach one) I shall be happy (enough.)

616301923001_1273761590001_haloanniversary-launchtrailer-vidprev.jpg

So glad they eventually got it right when the game shipped.

Also, please make the armor perms actually look like armor perms instead of "add random metal to the base set" please.

please allow AR as secondary. BR+AR ftw

how are they gonna handle weapons like shotguns, swords and needlers? Big flashy ordnance drops for those seems a bit much.

I assume that AR will be primary. Shotgun and Sword will surely be treated as power weapons (or "ordinance" as they are called now), not sure about how they will treat the Needler. Will there be that middle class of weapons like in previous Halo's, that spawn on the map, but aren't really power weapons (guns like the Needler), or will they just have starting weapons and "ordinance"?

halo_reach_helmet_commando_1.bmp

Unarguably the best helmet.

True statement is true.

Arnie

Chris Haluke is a good speaker. Spartan Ops sounds brilliant, really like the sound of staging the Infinity as a character. Hopefully seeing more of the Infinity and peeling back it's many layers and mysteries will be part of the Spartan Ops narrative.

As long as they bring back the Mk V helmet (and something akin to the more faithful CEA version, not the horrible Reach one) I shall be happy (enough.)

616301923001_1273761590001_haloanniversary-launchtrailer-vidprev.jpg

So glad they eventually got it right when the game shipped.

Also, please make the armor perms actually look like armor perms instead of "add random metal to the base set" please.

Yes, please.

Nothing new info wise, but this mode just sounds freaking awesome.

Ordnance arrives on the mecha platform during this video.
Wait, I noticed the indicator appeared, does it actually come down on screen?

I really hope that "Spartan Ops" is just a placeholder name. Surely they can think of something better!

And I also hope those hands-on impressions are in video form. ^_^

Why are the grenades on the right top corner now?

I think that's an older build. Frank said that the stuff on Conan last night was a newer build, and the UI was more in-line with what will be in the final game (grenades were on the left).

I didn't realize that Spartan Ops was going to be so narrative driven. That's pretty cool.

The hell is wrong with what I said?

They're usually nice enough to let us know when we're worrying about something we shouldn't.

I'm not demanding anything. But they usually comment in situations like this. If not, it's because that's what it'll be like when the game's done.

Of all the possibilities, that is indeed the only logical conclusion. I commend you, ser.

On an unrelated note, by virtue of omission Frank and David have now confirmed:
- Everyone in BTB can run around with a plasma pistol and ruin vehicle play.
- You can choose to spawn with both an AR and a BR. Or with a BR and a Grenade Launcher.
- Shotgun and Sword are no longer power weapons and can be added to your custom loadout.
- The ability to crouch has been removed.
- The Chopper is back!
- All multiplayer Spartans are now voiced by Conan O'Brien.

Such fantastic news. Thanks for the confirmation, Gui!

I think that's an older build. Frank said that the stuff on Conan last night was a newer build, and the UI was more in-line with what will be in the final game (grenades were on the left).

I didn't realize that Spartan Ops was going to be so narrative driven. That's pretty cool.
Okay. Easy answer.

Yep. I'm pretty hyped. I do want to know if the Spartan Ops mission are on the MP maps or if 343i created exclusive areas. I hope both.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
One of the Spartan Ops missions really needs to be John's first mission as a Spartan where they break into the rebel colony and kidnap that dude.

One of the Spartan Ops missions really needs to be John's first mission as a Spartan where they break into the rebel colony and kidnap that dude.
I do not think that you are playing flashbacks in Spartan Ops. As a fiction fan, I do not really want to see scenes of the book in a videogame, they would destroy my vision/imagination of that specific scene. But I think I'm the only one.

I do not think that you are playing flashbacks in Spartan Ops. As a fiction fan, I do not really want to see scenes of the book in a videogame, they would destroy my vision/imagination of that specific scene. But I think I'm the only one.

I would have said this... but if they have the luxury of using episodes, they could really establish what relationship they have in the Halo timeline. Start off as a flashback, work up to the time Halo 4 takes place in... then carry it beyond what we get in 4.

Trey

Although I doubt Spops will be so cinematic as to simulate scenes from the books, I'd commit deviant acts to get the prologue of FoR in game form. Thousand grunt massacre with a nuke finale, please.

Top Bottom