• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

ZalinKrow

I know this is from forever ago, but I just finished watching the Halo Universe panel from Halo Fest once again. Such a damn good panel. Not only is it hilarious (Pete Stacker's ¨Look at that planet go¨ gets me everytime) but there's so many great stories in it. Love hearing Marty talk about the past with all of them.

Also, I'm not sure why but Tim Dadabo stands out to me a lot during the panel. Dude is so humble. It's very cool to see all the passion that goes into everything, and you can tell he loves being a part of it. Same with Pete, who was particularly good at expressing it too.

So yeah, I like watching shit like this again to build up the ol' Halo hype :p Especially with E3 comin' up. Good times.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No online pass. The multiplayer is great fun, but campaign is the real attraction with this game.

I want to get it, but I'm afraid I'll do what I do with most $60 game purchases

1. Buy game at full MSRP
2. Play it a couple days, then never touch it again
3. See it on sale for $20 a couple months later, get angry

Not sure what to do here.

Fuchsdh

I know this is from forever ago, but I just finished watching the Halo Universe panel from Halo Fest once again. Such a damn good panel. Not only is it hilarious (Pete Stacker's ¨Look at that planet go¨ gets me everytime) but there's so many great stories in it. Love hearing Marty talk about the past with all of them.

Also, I'm not sure why but Tim Dadabo stands out to me a lot during the panel. Dude is so humble. It's very cool to see all the passion that goes into everything, and you can tell he loves being a part of it. Same with Pete, who was particularly good at expressing it too.

So yeah, I like watching shit like this again to build up the ol' Halo hype :p Especially with E3 comin' up. Good times.

I hope they bring back Pete for a marine in Halo 4. Nonsensical canonical characters, activate!

PFDrM.png

That plus 2 other friend requests from random people. Are lurkers just randomly sending friend requests to people on the HaloGAF gamertag list?

Not anymore. After Tunavi, Hitmonchan, Mr Big, and myself won the steak game against Bungie, I literally got 5-10 friend requests and 10-20 messages a day for a few weeks. It's died way down though.

What about the guys who get the girls pregnant?

An inspiration?

No online pass. The multiplayer is great fun, but campaign is the real attraction with this game.

Isn't the campaign the attraction to all Rockstar games?

TCKaos

Realized I was walking slower than my brother in CEA, so I downloaded a slow-turn checker and it turns out that my left stick got annihilated somehow. Apparently anything 80 and below is terrible, and I get like a 65-70.

Well, time to buy that super secret screwdriver so I can pop that baby open.

And I'm about to mass friend-request everyone on the HaloGAF tag list, since I don't see enough (or any) of you people. So don't be alarmed.

You guys work for 343, right?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not anymore. After Tunavi, Hitmonchan, Mr Big, and myself won the steak game against Bungie, I literally got 5-10 friend requests and 10-20 messages a day for a few weeks. It's died way down though.

Huh, didn't know anyone here got in a match with Bungie. I remember the last Steaktacular. It was before I became halfway decent at Halo, and I got trounced by full teams for a few hours before I ragequit.

;)

Feel free to add me. My tag is Monsterfracas

Huh, didn't know anyone here got in a match with Bungie. I remember the last Steaktacular. It was before I became halfway decent at Halo, and I got trounced by full teams for a few hours before I ragequit.

We were the first game against Bungie. I had their stream set up and I timed our searches together at midnight and we got really lucky. We steaked them, uploaded the rendered video to my file share and youtube, and we were internet celebs for a couple weeks.

Fuchsdh

We were the first game against Bungie. I had their stream set up and I timed our searches together at midnight and we got really lucky. We steaked them, uploaded the rendered video to my file share and youtube, and we were internet celebs for a couple weeks.

Link?

Fracas

#fuckonami

Wait, I remember that! I downloaded the clip that day! It's called "first game vs bungie" or something like that, right? I'm going to go check my saved films, but I'm nearly positive that's it.

Small world, huh?

We also got the LE details.
Duh, don't know how I forgot about that.

daedalius

I finally clicked on a control scheme. X to sprint, crouch stays on stick for me. It all fell into place.

Gud, I always have sprint on X, because Bumper Jumper is best. I hope a variant of it stays in H4.

Now time for Diabro.

Also, cringed a little when I saw my name next to Devo's in the real life pic folder ;)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah, that clip I have is the one you uploaded, Steelyuhas. Slayer on Powerhouse.
I also have one called "I got a steak" that is also slayer on powerhouse.

zap

Realized I was walking slower than my brother in CEA, so I downloaded a slow-turn checker and it turns out that my left stick got annihilated somehow. Apparently anything 80 and below is terrible, and I get like a 65-70.

Well, time to buy that super secret screwdriver so I can pop that baby open.

And I'm about to mass friend-request everyone on the HaloGAF tag list, since I don't see enough (or any) of you people. So don't be alarmed.

How do you check for slow turn? Link me?

and before you go out and buy some no slow controller do your homework. The issue would be resolved with aim acceleration toggle though. Still waiting to hear about that for Halo 4. There are also do it yourself tutorials to smooth it out if wanted.

Also the wireless controller are not affected by slow turn correct? So just buy one of those.

God, the things I would do for aim acceleration toggle in Halo 4...

and before you go out and buy some no slow controller do your homework. The issue would be resolved with aim acceleration toggle though. Still waiting to hear about that for Halo 4. There are also do it yourself tutorials to smooth it out if wanted.

dont you just need to clean the joysticks. unscrew everything first

My back hurt for weeks after that. You've gotta lose some pounds for the next time I carry your sorry ass.

GhaleonEB

I'm renaming that the Cleansing Force.

Seriously.

So, I just had a great game on the Limited NEP with a random partner. Despite getting walloped by 24 Elites as our Round 1 boss wave, we live with five lives going into the second Round. We're rocking some good team work, cover each other and setting crossfires for tougher enemies. This is Limited play at its finest, intense, challenging and fun. Then the Heretic snipers roll in.

We survive two waves in the spawn room, on a cross fire trap, before both getting insta-domed by a sniper as the door opens. The next wave takes out all of our lives, and we're left with a room with a full squad inside. As I'm respawning, I become last man standing.

I toggle my spawn to the far left side walkway, despite knowing there are another eight of these guys roaming around the map, on top of the squad that's hunting me down. I take down one random DMR Elite as I get flushed off the walkway and into the dead-end entrance below (where you enter ONI in Campaign). I huddle behind the lone beam and recharge, the bolt back up onto the walkway using the middle ramp, leaving the squad hunting me on the far side. I loop into the spawn room, grab a Plasma Rifle for shield stripping, then head down the lower exit as the sniper enters and take shots at my backside.

I sprint across the narrow open courtyard span - gunfire galore breaks out all around me - and get up the relative safety of the landing on the far side of the map, across from the spawn room. I set up camp and am able to take down the three DMR Heretics that followed me from the room, with a combination of plasma and grenades. Shields gone, I head back down the hallway and into the spawn room. No sign of the sniper that is part of the squad.

I set up to the right of the inner doorway, and wait for him. I see the red dot on my radar, and ready the Plasma Rifle. If I've got my position correct, when he enters he'll go for the melee rather than the sniper rifle, and I can strip the shields to send him into his rage, lining up the headshot. Then I might have a chance to survive the wave.

About then my shields blow out. I turn around and see the sniper Elite has come through the rear tunnel. I don't even have time to fire back before he headshots me for the finish.

Just not fair, man.

GhaleonEB

The fact that you're back to sharing your FF stories means we've taken a huge step in the right direction. Just a few more tweaks...

And I'll never be able to post a rendered last man standing episode again. I saved a clip the other night before realizing I had nothing to do with it from there. :(

Right I'm stuck with text, but hopefully I'll be able to do some old school picture posts come summer. Once the Limited NEP game type is fixed (here's hoping), I think it will be pretty great. The rounds before the Snipers roll in are a good balance of tough yet fair.

TCKaos

GGs Ghouse, TCKaos and barlow, sorry for that epic fail on the Pit lol.

Yeah, same here. Still not as bad as my hilarious fail on Nexus.

Somebody grabbed the flag and tossed it straight off of the base. Having never played Nexus before and having just gotten out of a weird gunfight, I grab the flag and start headed towards a base. The wrong base.

Fun times, though.

Also the wireless controller are not affected by slow turn correct? So just buy one of those.

God, the things I would do for aim acceleration toggle in Halo 4...

They can still be affected. The controller I use is one of the wirless Reach special edition ones. The slow turning comes from not being able to move the stick all the way in the proper direction due to the plastic casing where the stick is held being far thicker than it need be (be it shitty controller design or a manufacturing error). The real trick is that you need to get a special screwdriver for the wireless controllers versus and standard Phillips-head for the wired ones. Other than that the repairing process is identical.

Top Bottom