• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Striker

Yeah the FOV and feeling like you're fighting the controller make it pretty much unplayable for me after playing Reach.
The turn/aiming was so terrible, and not just for using handguns. It made maneuvering around in the Warthog so painful and difficult.

The Battle Rifle pushing the damn 'Hog around in Standoff didn't help, either.

Halo 3 Laser>Reach Laser.
I loved the Spartan Laser for being different. It felt like it was powerful prototype weapon, something unique and rare in UNSC arsenal. In Reach... well, it lacks the feel. Hell, it ain't powerful in game
You mean despite the humongous blast radius and getting more shots? It was terrible and ruined every vehicle combat scenario. Then again since they such an OP chaingun on that 'Hog, it was the best viable anti-vehicular measure. That's why you found it on every vehicle oriented map (lol Rat's Nest).

...it is nigh useless in campaign.
Which means it had no business in the game, period.

neoism

guys are we saying here for E3 or making a new thread.... I say we stay here and make a thread for gaming site... neogaf at e3 time is awesome.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
guys are we saying here for E3 or making a new thread.... I say we stay here and make a thread for gaming site... neogaf at e3 time is awesome.

There will be a few threads on the Gaming Section. New threads for new news etc but of course folks will stay here to chat about it in addition to whatever new threads pop up.

Unless Evilore decides to close the community boards like he does with the Off-Topic section during the event. Then it will be Gaming side only.

And the HaloGAF Chatroom on ForwardUntoDawn. :D

Woorloog

Banned
You mean despite the humongous blast radius and getting more shots? It was terrible and ruined every vehicle combat scenario. Then again since they such an OP chaingun on that 'Hog, it was the best viable anti-vehicular measure. That's why you found it on every vehicle oriented map (lol Rat's Nest).

Which means it had no business in the game, period.

I'm talking about campaign for both games, not multiplayer. And Rat's Nest didn't have the laser.
Halo 3 version had more shots than Reach version.

neoism

There will be a few threads on the Gaming Section. New threads for new news etc but of course folks will stay here to chat about it in addition to whatever new threads pop up.

Unless Evilore decides to close the community boards like he does with the Off-Topic section during the event. Then it will be Gaming side only.

And the HaloGAF Chatroom on ForwardUntoDawn. :D

figured they my happen.....

kylej

Banned
Gauss is impossibly overpowered. It's an interesting concept but it's beyond game breaking in practice. Non-lock on, fixed firing rate rocket hog would be a decent replacement.

Gauss is impossibly overpowered. It's an interesting concept but it's beyond game breaking in practice. Non-lock on, fixed firing rate rocket hog would be a decent replacement.

I can see a place for both, weaker gauss hog 1 shot on personnel more to destroy vehicles.
Rocket hog with lock on but weaker rockets large impact radius.
Chain hog.

Vehicles need to feel powerful like they can take a beating and still carry on, at the same time they cant be unbeatable sticking one should either destroy it or have it very critical. Sticking a warthog in reach has zero effect the majority of the time.

I can see a place for both, weaker gauss hog 1 shot on personnel more to destroy vehicles.
Rocket hog with lock on but weaker rockets large impact radius.
Chain hog.

Vehicles need to feel powerful like they can take a beating and still carry on, at the same time they cant be unbeatable sticking one should either destroy it or have it very critical. Sticking a warthog in reach has zero effect the majority of the time.

Whenever my hog gets stuck, I die :(

Food for thought: Halo 1 & Gears 1 multi both were on the verge of being cut because the developers hated it. Glad it didn't happen.
Proof that game devs have no idea what makes good fps multiplayer. Each successive halo has been a little bit worse than its predecessor. Halo:CE was a smash hit and in come the devs to try and "correct" it for the next game. Durp. Reach is what happens when devs think they've got it right :p

NeoGAF affects studying negatively. This is known.
It was a mistake to join this place. For me too.
Same goes for work.

Has anyone here got draw something? I'm playing with Myyke and ACM, would like to add other people.

Username same as my GAF name.
I'm pretty sure I don't want to see a drawing of anything that comes from your mind.

At the very least, it should have been tweaked to have a slower overall speed (tank treads!) to help balance out the baffling power of it's gun. The rocket 'hog seems like a good idea on paper, but driving it with a moron at the gun who shoots 10 feet in front of you is just not a pleasant experience.

TheOddOne

Proof that game devs have no idea what makes good fps multiplayer. Each successive halo has been a little bit worse than its predecessor. Halo:CE was a smash hit and in come the devs to try and "correct" it for the next game. Durp. Reach is what happens when devs think they've got it right :p
Yup.

Woorloog

Banned
There could be two mini turrets mounted on the front of the mongoose for the driver to use.

Mini...?
How about dual Scorpion main guns?

EDIT i want a Mammoth Scorpion tank (dual turret mounted cannons) for Halo 4 campaign. Ditch machine guns as secondary weapons, add missile batteries, C&C-style.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to see a drawing of anything that comes from your mind.

Ha, don't worry, I'm not that creative.

Should see me in forge, go in with untapped enthusiasm...leave ten minutes later, without saving, and having one forge piece in the middle of hemorrage. :p

There could be two SMGs taped to the front of the mongoose for the driver to use.
fixed. Hold Y to rip one off and use it while driving with one hand, resulting in a wider turning radius. boom

Ha, don't worry, I'm not that creative.

Should see me in forge, go in with untapped enthusiasm...leave ten minutes later, without saving, and having one forge piece in the middle of hemorrage. :p
I can't fault you for that; Forge World has a decidedly non-wonderful way of sucking any enthusiasm right out of you.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
When Halo 4 drops we need to start up HaloGaf community nights again. Maybe on a night when more people are around like Sunday or something.

I haven't played Halo with many of you.

Top Bottom