• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Retro

When Halo 4 drops we need to start up HaloGaf community nights again. Maybe on a night when more people are around like Sunday or something.

I haven't played Halo with many of you.

Likewise with ForgeGAF. Best memories of Reach are getting on and trying everyone's maps. Especially the zany ones like Unlimited Backpacks and sword/hammer with platforms floating everywhere.

Or Hammers on a satellite dish, with low gravity and zero damage where you can only win by knocking people off the dish and into the water.

And it was nice to get real feedback for maps you were working on, or see what other people were doing and draw inspiration from them.

Same here. I'm still waiting for them to announce the price, too. If it's €100, they can suck it.
Amazon.de lists the Halo 4 Limited Edition for 85€.

Seems like shopto preorders for Halo 4 LE are very close to selling out.

And amazon.co.uk still don't have it listed.
I got my account back but somehow I can not pre-order. My card is not verified. Do I have to pay asap with Paypal?

HaloGAF Saturday fun died due to low turnout. But it's not dead. Happy to revive it any time.

Most meet up's are tricky for me, i like to spend the evenings with my GF and obviously people have commitments during the day.

Late saturday night GMT would be okay with me ill just have to go into the other room.

I got my account back but somehow I can not pre-order. My card is not verified. Do I have to pay asap with Paypal?

Okay for clarification, when you got your account back, did you re-enter your card details again?

You need to do that. You say not verified, im not sure why.

For PayPal orders, you need to pay now to pre-order it seems.

Gazzawa

Gauss is impossibly overpowered. It's an interesting concept but it's beyond game breaking in practice. Non-lock on, fixed firing rate rocket hog would be a decent replacement.

Halo 1 PC had a sweet rocket hog. 2 shot normal powered rockets but it took an age to reload. Needed good driving + timing to get on a decent spree.

Tawpgun

Remember when we asked Frankie to talk about the water.

Did anyone catch this?

Iu3bQ.png

WHERE he tested the water.

Forge?

Remember when we asked Frankie to talk about the water.

Did anyone catch this?

Iu3bQ.png

WHERE he tested the water.

Forge?

I think that may of been in direct response to when i told him to right the update and include details of the water.

Be amazing if forge had water that interacted with objects. Imagine you could build a underwater map ( similiar to rapture).

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The issue I had was being out and about most Friday/Saturdays, as mentioned a Sunday night one may work better, or whenever works best. :p

We could change the day sure. We haven't tried a Sunday in years.

Put it down for this Sunday coming. A tentative HaloGAF Customs Sunday. I'll get some maps and gametypes sorted to cater to 4v4, 5v5, and 8v8 - Slayer and Objective.

If we get a decent turn out we'll return to regular weekly HaloGAF Customs, or if not we'll keep HaloGAF Customs in retirement for a little while longer.

Put it down for this Sunday coming. A tentative HaloGAF Customs Sunday. I'll get some maps and gametypes sorted to cater to 4v4, 5v5, and 8v8 - Slayer and Objective.

If we get a decent turn out we'll return to regular weekly HaloGAF Customs, or if not we'll keep HaloGAF Customs in retirement for a little while longer.

I would love if we could start the customs earlier for the Europeans,of course anyone on gaf would be able to join and keep partying into the early morning.

i'd imagine its just a tease about the waters location in campaign. awesome new forerunner environment.

I really wish we'd get to take advantage of the fact that Chief is one of the few protagonists that could actually fight underwater barring magic air bubbles/mario/etc. Sure, maybe not for a few hours (I think canon has spartans as having about 90 minutes of air in their suit), but it'd be pretty awesome to make use of the suit to go and explore some underwater forerunner ruins or something. Especially since Chief's heavy enough to not necessarily require "swimming."

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I really wish we'd get to take advantage of the fact that Chief is one of the few protagonists that could actually fight underwater barring magic air bubbles/mario/etc. Sure, maybe not for a few hours (I think canon has spartans as having about 90 minutes of air in their suit), but it'd be pretty awesome to make use of the suit to go and explore some underwater forerunner ruins or something. Especially since Chief's heavy enough to not necessarily require "swimming."

while cool, i cant imagine it would make for very fun gameplay. i'm imaging the zero g sections from reach, but slowed down. fun!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

That would/should work although this weekend is Memorial Day weekend for most (in the US) as a reminder (no work Monday woooo).

Even if we got 8 people or so, we could jump in matchmaking and dominate. :p HaloGaf matchmaking night might be cool too.

Tawpgun

I really have to stop impluse buying arcade titles.

Just bought the Joy Ride thing. Basically Mario Kart with Avatars but NO KINECT. It's fun but... idk...

Overdoziz

Banned
Problem with HaloGAF customs is that BTB in Reach just isn't fun. The fact that last time we played on default Hemorrhage with Scorpions still on it didn't help either.

I'll stick to 4v4 MLG lobbies.

Problem with HaloGAF customs is that BTB in Reach just isn't fun. The fact that last time we played on default Hemorrhage with Scorpions still on it didn't help either.

I'll stick to 4v4 MLG lobbies.

I think I only enjoy playing MLG in Reach now. I just get bored so fast with vanilla Reach. Team objective would be fun if there were any good gametypes. The maps could use some updated to play better with objectives too but that's probably not going to happen :(

Sunday night might be worse for people who have work the next morning. Would be pretty difficult to stay up too late and gaf customs didn't used to start till pretty late gmt as it was. That said exclude my opinion for now as i just don't think I would be up for reach, when halo 4 comes out I vote for Saturday being customs night. Or maybe Thursday because being kinda tired at work on Friday is normal anyway :p

The most intense part of my project, almost a crunch period at work is supposed to end November 5th for me, what perfect timing, I hope nothing slips. Would suck if work is super intense and I can't play halo 4 for a bit

Overdoziz

Banned
I think I only enjoy playing MLG in Reach now. I just get bored so fast with vanilla Reach. Team objective would be fun if there were any good gametypes. The maps could use some updated to play better with objectives too but that's probably not going to happen :(
Playlist is filled with incredibly bad gametypes on maps that are even worse. It should just be 2 Flag, 1 flag, Neutral bomb and maybe Oddball. There aren't really any Reach maps that play well with Oddball though.
And lol 5v5

while cool, i cant imagine it would make for very fun gameplay. i'm imaging the zero g sections from reach, but slowed down. fun!

Maybe pull a Metroid and give chief a suit upgrade/AA that lets him move freely in water, but with the same moonjumps as in zero g?

TCKaos

We could play BTB on decent maps. I've got a few maps that aren't total balls.

I have a raging boner for Invasion, so most of the maps I play in customs are recreations of campaign encounters in Invasion. This was one of the first maps that was really popular. I've long since replaced it with another that begins in a similar manner and ends up having the players move down the beach to plant a bomb, putting them up against Covenant armor. The final phase gives the SPARTANs the choice of taking down an off-sight targeting system in the canyon caves or to take down the AA gun directly.

So it's sort of like:
Phase 1 - Opening to Silent Cartographer
Phase 2 - Opening to The Covenant
Phase 3 - The Ark right before the Forward Unto Dawn lands. Sort of.

Last time I played customs with you all I got my ass kicked, and I consider myself a decent Halo player. :p

I have a personal vendetta against Devo to sneak up and assassinate her every time she snipes since she ends up being the token "stay back and pick everyone off on a montage fashion" players. Also, kittens and I are battle bros.

Top Bottom