• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Can someone explain to me why the anniversary gametype settings are so borked? Why can I jump higher in Vanilla reach and why does the pistol have bloom and feels terrible? WHY!!!!

Because Halo 1 didn't have a floaty jump.

Agreed it's nothing like 2 or 3 but it just feels like there's an anchor tied to me when I jump. Meh I still enjoy Anniversary slayer but the real bummer to me is the pistol. Just because it's 3SK doesn't mean it's the Halo 1 pistol. Well I better stop bitching cause we all know that playlist will never be touched again.

Homeboyd

Agreed it's nothing like 2 or 3 but it just feels like there's an anchor tied to me when I jump. Meh I still enjoy Anniversary slayer but the real bummer to me is the pistol. Just because it's 3SK doesn't mean it's the Halo 1 pistol. Well I better stop bitching cause we all know that playlist will never be touched again.
It's just weird seeing a high school friend of mine in your avatar... the fact he is a celebrity is just weird.

Anyways, carry on.

Computron

So the guys who made Unreal (Digital Extremes) have this closed beta coming soon:

BjkcX.jpg

Anyone want an invite? That should get you on the VIP beta list.

Fuchsdh

that's true, but unless they fixed it, you can't even jump from top arch on Beaver Creek to the base
I haven't really checked, so I dunno.

I find it interesting that Anniversary made me appreciate CE much more. Hang 'em High is still my shotgun camp fest from my youth and Prisoner is broken with more than six players, but even the overpowered pistol has a much better limited niche in the sandbox. The CA remakes did a nice job of fixing the map layout issues even if they added too many power weapons.

Woorloog

Banned
Dammit. Youtube autoplay/shuffle on and Linkin Park's Numb starts playing. Dammit. I had made an unconscious decision to not to listen (likely, as i haven't listened to Linking Park for over a year, skipping it on my playlists) to it... With a good reason. Oh, i like it but i hate it how my mind has associated Linking Park with... other stuff.

By the way, if you want a shooter with some excellent gunplay, really give the original F.E.A.R. a go if you haven't already. That game's guns are still godlike, especially the shotgun. There's no weapon more satisfying in any videogame, ever.

Sent, I got one more code!

Sweet, thanks! I'll give this a go tomorrow.

Computron

I played a bit of Hybrid. It's an interesting idea, nothing I've seen before. I'd imagine there is a lot of room for skilled gameplay.

Fuchsdh

Yet somehow that vocal minority out-votes me every time when it's Ellulllllll vs. Zealot and Powerhouse.
Haha, the party I played with today (who wondered if Super Slayer had something to do with Super Saiyans) were bitching about that one. My main issue is that camping the rocket spawn is too easy--the easiest spot to kill them no one ever bothers going to.

MrBig

So the guys who made Unreal (Digital Extremes) have this closed beta coming soon:

Anyone want an invite? That should get you on the VIP beta list.

I signed up since I saw there were some polycounters working on it, can't wait to hear/see more of it. I'm always looking for interesting co-op games.

e: that referral is for a VIP listing, or do we still have to get 3 other guys to sign up through ours?
In any case here's my referral: https://www.playwarframe.com/?ref=86197690

Striker

You definitely stay in the air longer in CE than in the anni playlists. It seems to me that they screwed up the gravity setting in anni and never cared enough to fix it.
You just jumped further, that's about it. The height and gravity were pretty similar, you do feel heavier in Anny's, though. The glide is what CE really had.

Top Bottom