• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Fracas

#fuckonami
He said he hit the tweet limit. Here's his proof about the shotgun
Kv15b.jpg

Eh, i don't buy that

WJD

Maybe he's just an undercover 343 employee sent to panic and disorient us before it's announced at E3 that Halo 4 is actually a good game?

YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ME

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm not expecting Frank or even 343 to say anything at all about this or anything from the past 48 hours. I imagine casual and cryptic comments from here on out until E3.

Havok

If splitscreen was cut in some ridiculous alternate universe where the sky is red and we all rode around on elephants with tank treads for legs instead of driving cars, I'd be pretty happy. Match quality would skyrocket as the population of terrible 4-way split guests died off from neglect.

Stars would likely indicate new items, just like Reach's armory. That UI is consistent with the Halo 4 menus we've seen in the backgrounds of the GI videos.

Fracas

#fuckonami
He said split screen is in the final game, just not in the build. He said stars mean the weapon is locked.

And another video is forthcoming later today to show the weapon selection screen

edit: The next vid will be clearer

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ok, I'm going to bed lol.
He said he'll take more questions later, so think of things to ask.
And he says he thinks the font is ugly as well.
I'll also make a list of everything he said when I wake up. So, be back in 8 hours.

Ryaaan14

Banned
There is some weird spacing between letters (particularly those in "Equipped: Assault Rifle") I just noticed.

The only possible way that's legit if it was so early no one cared about anything. In which the gameplay would probably suffer more than it did in the leaked video.

So yeah, not buying it for one second.

Fake. Why does he have to blank out stuff at the top? Microsoft is doing the ID etc. always at the bottom area...

And in my opinion the line at the bottom right is oblique. Otherwise my eyes can trick me.

But I do not care.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So this is basically where we stand for the night:

1.) Epic leaked video
2.) OMG LOL this video is hilarrrrrrr. Mad props, prob viral marketing.
3.) Oh shi this guy attempted to steal Reach builds during PAX '10
4.) TO TWITTER!
5.) The guy says DMRs are 1-2 shot kills
6.) .
7.) Tell us about loadouts, can you spawn with shotgun?
8.) Ya here'z pix [shitty horrible font capture of a loadout from what looks to be mid 90's PC game quality]
9.) GAF sleeps on it.

<3

it's been a weird night. I either just wasted 5 hours talking to a crazy person, or I brought a ton of Halo 4 news into the world.

I....

am a hero.

or you're just a guy who talks to crazy people

1.) Epic leaked video
4.) TO TWITTER!
6.) .
7.) Tell us about loadout, can you spawn with shotgun?
8.) Ya here'z pix [shitty horrible font capture of a loadout from what looks to be mid 90's PC game quality]
9.) GAF sleeps on it.

More or less, yeah

Fracas

#fuckonami

1.) Epic leaked video
4.) TO TWITTER!
6.) .
7.) Tell us about loadout, can you spawn with shotgun?
9.) GAF sleeps on it.

I don't necessarily believe it's real. Then again, we didn't think the GI stuff was real, and look what happened.
I could easily see 6

We'll know in due time, I guess.

1.) Epic leaked video
4.) TO TWITTER!
6.) .
9.) GAF sleeps on it.

Not Reach builds, Breach builds.

1.) Epic leaked video
4.) TO TWITTER!
6.) .
9.) GAF sleeps on it.
HALOGAF

I just turned the volume up on the leaked video, I'm in tears. Glorius stuff.

Amazing how the shitty quality leak has become the best leak of all time, and it has nothing to do with the game.

LMAO.

Amazing how the shitty quality leak has become the best leak of all time, and it has nothing to do with the game.

LMAO.

The music is what helps complete the experience. It adds that certain, necessary flair to the video.

Ryaaan14

Banned

LMAO.

It completely involves the game. That's the whole idea of the scripted leak. It gives us nostalgia, humor on GAF's take on leaks, shows us the fucking moon, wipes a bug off the screen...uhh...

...well it was showing us H4 footage...so...kinda...?

First, I died of laughter from the leak. Then, I literally died when I read shotguns are a loadout and the DMR is 1-2 shot kills. Finally, I was resurrected when I saw he said grenades are as strong as Reach, since that has to confirm it's a troll. Cause Frankie said grenades weren't nukes anymore, right? RIGHT?!

It completely involves the game. That's the whole idea of the scripted leak. It gives us nostalgia, humor on GAF's take on leaks, shows us the fucking moon, wipes a bug off the screen...uhh...

...well it was showing us H4 footage...so...kinda...?

That moon shot was an execution of artistic brilliance.

The bug wiping thing...left me speechless. Lmao.

Ryaaan14

Banned
First, I died of laughter from the leak. Then, I literally died when I read shotguns are a loadout and the DMR is 1-2 shot kills. Finally, I was resurrected when I saw he said grenades are as strong as Reach, since that has to confirm it's a troll. Cause Frankie said grenades weren't nukes anymore, right? RIGHT?!

"Weren't nukes" is completely descriptive isn't it? They already explained the grenade effects in Reach were mostly cosmetic via sfx. Could easily be the same old damage with less audio.

Woorloog

Banned
What the hell's been going on... I'm not for almost 24h on NeoGAF and of course during that break we get Halo 4 leaks...
So, if i keep another 24h break from NeoGAF, we get another leak?

Hmm. I don't mind Halo being COD like in other ways as long as kill times are still very Halo and the gameplay, movement, that stuff feels like Halo.

I like how everyone went from "AHAHA THIS IS SO AWESOME" to "THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED" in the span of a few hours.

Welcome to HaloGAF I guess.

G'night (g'morning?) guys. I'll see you all in a few more hours when the other leaks supposedly hit.

Oh, and to Frankie, whenever he shows up...Sorry, dude.

Top Bottom