• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

heckfu

Banned
NSsIJ.gif

This gif reminds me of ryaaan. Btw ryan, where did you watch those episodes of the new season? I think it's time for me to resume.

I hope that kill cams have a hard limit on them. 10 seconds is the longest they should last for. Will be all too easy too exploit if they go on longer than that. Teams could just refuse to spawn in if its a tight game.

The Reach spawn timer annoyed me at times, because I sometimes didnt change loadout in time, but ultimately it was better for gameplay that they did that. I just hope players cant spend an age in the customization menu/ deathcam screen instead of respawning.

Seems pretty straightforward, but games like Battlefield have gone the other way and its slightly nonsensical that they did.

I hope that kill cams have a hard limit on them. 10 seconds is the longest they should last for. Will be all too easy too exploit if they go on longer than that. Teams could just refuse to spawn in if its a tight game.

The Reach spawn timer annoyed me at times, because I sometimes didnt change loadout in time, but ultimately it was better for gameplay that they did that. I just hope players cant spend an age in the customization menu/ deathcam screen instead of respawning.

Seems pretty straightforward, but games like Battlefield have gone the other way and its slightly nonsensical that they did.

Agreed. Battlefield can kinda pull it of because the scale is much larger than Halo's and you can't play with a whole team of friends as far as I know (I only played on 360). In Halo, there is a lot more combat in general and people staying to long in the respawn screen would destroy the combat's flow.

Ken

Oh, another interesting thing:

Pic of the Missile Pistol

So does that make this the Target Locator?

Edit:

NVM, both are the same gun for sure...so whats up with the screen on the gun in the second pic?

Weapon attachment or reusing the same pistol model for both weapons?

I believe that someone (I think it might have been Ellis) confirmed that there is a point where it will just spawn you.

Recarpo

I've been really busy the past week so sorry if this has been asked/answered a few times. Do we know when halo 4 will be shown at e3? Is it just during the microsoft conference or is there another time we know of?

Heartbeat sensor bro

lol..

Weapon attachment or reusing the same pistol model for both weapons?

I almost thought it may have been the same weapon but the screen hadn't popped out yet, but the more I look the more it seems the screen is absent in the one shot. Odd.

I can't imagine that there is also weapon customization, but if there is that would confirm missile pistol as a secondary weapon and not a power weapon.. I dunno. I think you might be right with different guns re-using assets in beta form.

I think it'll work like the screen on the pro-pipe, but much more prominent. Basically allowing it to work like a proximity mine.

That makes sense, but why is it absent from one picture and not the other?

I've been really busy the past week so sorry if this has been asked/answered a few times. Do we know when halo 4 will be shown at e3? Is it just during the microsoft conference or is there another time we know of?
Campaign at MS Media Briefing, Spartan Ops unveil after the Sony Conference at Spike.

I love colorful the game looks. One of my biggest issues with Reach was how dull it was compared to Halo 3. This looks much more like Halo 3 in that regard. I just hope they don't have any ugly text in the middle of the screen covering up those sick designs.

Heartbeat sensor bro

Don't you mean spartan sensor or forerunner/ prometheon cardio hearing? Can't call it heartbeat sensor got to stick with the silly naming conventions :p

Im more convinced that the top picture is the pistol attachment we saw in the first video. Rather than the target locator like the pic below

Computron

I love colorful the game looks. One of my biggest issues with Reach was how dull it was compared to Halo 3. This looks much more like Halo 3 in that regard. I just hope they don't have any ugly text in the middle of the screen covering up those sick designs.

I got a feeling that's there to make tracking headshots easier for test and Q/A.

neoism

do what I do and only go back one page. sure you'll miss a lot but who cares its mostly bitching at things we dont know about yet anyways

yeah I used to always read most every page... hate not knowing the latest info.. but 1 page max now..:p

Top Bottom