• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Dude no, if you're referring to those loadout screens, those WERE NOT legit.

Just compare them to the ones we've seen that ARE legit.

?

MTW:

1f8Bd.jpg

Other legit leak:

jjD62.jpg

Dude no, if you're referring to those loadout screens, those WERE NOT legit.

Just compare them to the ones we've seen that ARE legit.

Maybe you should compare it. ?

FAxUt.jpg

Xoz6Yl.jpg

First pic is the one from MTW which you keep saying is fake, second pic is the one your saying is legit.

Notice the Equipped text at the bottom, the Borders of each image the font and the gradients

zap

I realize I'm late to this discussion... but it's funny that you talk about the laser as an 'easy-to-aim' weapon; VERY few people are good at it. You, for example, had a total of about a thousand laser kills (out of more than 50,000 total kills) in Halo 3, and only 224 (of more than 25,000) in Reach. You might tell me that you simply never pick it up - but you're not particularly unusual, as far as numbers go, and if nobody actually USES it very much, who CARES how overpowered it is? (I'd argue that the fact that nobody uses it talks to how NOT-overpowered it is... but that's just me.)

This is INSANE. (Elzar seems to be one of the people good at it.)

Almost 7% of your Social kills were laser kills. You averaged almost one per game, which, considering how few H3 maps actually HAD a laser on them, seriously blows my mind.

I found the Halo 3 laser really easy to use against infantry. I used to dong in Splockets (I kinda liked that gametype in BTB for a laugh).

Laser kills are only 4.3% of my social kills though :( ~0.5 per game

I realize I'm late to this discussion... but it's funny that you talk about the laser as an 'easy-to-aim' weapon; VERY few people are good at it. You, for example, had a total of about a thousand laser kills (out of more than 50,000 total kills) in Halo 3, and only 224 (of more than 25,000) in Reach. You might tell me that you simply never pick it up - but you're not particularly unusual, as far as numbers go, and if nobody actually USES it very much, who CARES how overpowered it is? (I'd argue that the fact that nobody uses it talks to how NOT-overpowered it is... but that's just me.)
I don't understand how "very few people" can be good at the laser. It's a very easy weapon to aim. I think you're point is flawed in several ways:
1. Simply looking at my stats and concluding it's a hard weapon to use because I don't use it much doesn't make any sense. What if I spent most of my time in playlists that didn't have the laser or in which its usefulness was diminished? Like Team Slayer and Social Slayer? Which I did.
2. The laser was featured prominently (sadly) in Halo 3's BTB. In my experience people used it a lot. Just because I have "only" 1000 kills with the laser doesn't mean it wasn't used. I wasn't the only person on my team in a BTB game. There was a mad rush for it because it was so easy to get kills with the thing.

I would argue that the laser is easier to use than "fire and forget" weapons like the missile pod.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah! This was the one I was thinking of. Different selection screen.

I am still dubious as fuck about the one MTW showed. I mean damn that looks like a PC game from 1996 or something.

I'd say that screen is the loadout screen you get while in a game.

I am still dubious as fuck about the one MTW showed. I mean damn that looks like a PC game from 1996 or something.

Still pretty sure thats legit its not a selection screen i dont think its the end of game scoreboard?

Woorloog

Banned

This seems to be the loadout screen. And the font and the blue color seem to be the same. I'm inclined to think these all pics are real, just different displays and angles.

zap

The laser talk reminded me of this BTB Splockets game:

PNrDp.jpg

You think having team mates going -15 is bad?

-103 between two people?

It actually made it Slayer Unlimted for me

Computron

Podcast has nothing new, host is clueless, and his guest is the same guy who attempted to steal the source code for Breach at PAX, A.K.A., A FUCKING DUMBASS.

Overdoziz

Banned
One screen of of a person choosing a loadout while respawning/at the beginning of a match.
The other is in the menu outside of a match. Probably picking a weapon for one of his loadouts.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Guys I think I'm gonna take some time when I get home to gather some fun maps/gametypes for customs tonight and tomorrow, if you're interested. I know last time we only had a few to choose from so I'll try and scout out a lot so we can have some diversity.

If nothing else, customs tomorrow is a necessity. And make sure you bring some warm milk to drink so you can get to sleep at a reasonable time.

Man, as much as I'm looking forward to seeing the campaign stuff, I'm almost as excited to hear/see more from Spartan Ops. Moon Day can't get here quick enough

kylej

Banned
Go Rays. (not that they've been so hot lately :p)

The most impressive team in professional sports. Sox should've picked up Maddon (and everyone in charge of the Rays' farm system). Instead we spend ungodly sums on John Lackey, Dice-K, Carl Crawford, and pick up washed up turds like Bobby Valentine to manage the team.

Yeah, MTW definitely posted a legit screen, but I really don't know how much he actually knew beyond some of the things that were obvious.

Is this actually concept art from H4 or fan made? Either way it is awesome!
Halo-4-gravity-well.jpg

Where did you find that? If I had to guess it is a well made fan piece, but who knows.

The most impressive team in professional sports. Sox should've picked up Maddon (and everyone in charge of the Rays' farm system). Instead we spend ungodly sums on John Lackey, Dice-K, Carl Crawford, and pick up washed up turds like Bobby Valentine to manage the team.

Lol, many thanks. It's nice to hear some kind words from someone not living in Tampa. I'm under no delusions that what our boys have been doing the past few years is anything less than strange and extraordinary, especially in this economic sporting climate; hopefully they can grab at least one WS title out of it all. That's all I ask. Just one. Then my sporting life will be complete. We have a Super Bowl, we have a Stanley Cup, I just want the World Series in my lifetime. (I grew up playing a ton of baseball, so it's dear to my heart)

Oh and yeah... Maddon is incredible. Wish I had his knack for hunches. :p

The Halo 4 @ Anaheim event will probably be something similar to what they did with ODST.

Which makes me think, maybe some pros playing through Spartan Ops just as a tease?

The Halo 4 @ Anaheim event will probably be something similar to what they did with ODST.

Which makes me think, maybe some pros playing through Spartan Ops just as a tease?
what did they do with ODST?

oh, and a conversation with my roommate:
me: "hey, would you pay $20 to go play Halo 4 in Anaheim?"
him: "fuck no!"

smh

GhaleonEB

I'm late to a conversation that you were late to, but here goes: It's a very map-specific weapon. On BTB maps where you had long sight lines, it was pretty easy to use the laser to toast Warthogs from medium to long range (dat scope). Valhalla, Sandtrap and especially Avalanche. Remember that one video of me toasting one Warthog after another as they came around the bend?

As a power weapon, it probably won't be super high on most people's tool of destruction; just 1-2 were on a given map. It was tricky to use up close, but from medium to long range it was very easy to track and take out vehicles.

feel

It fixes all the arguments about who gets to be Chief, and "not some stupid alien". Everybody wins!
It sucks not being the Chief, and it sucks not getting to look at the Chief from another perceptive, so clones are the way to go. Who cares about how it looks fiction wise, he's supposed to be alone in the adventure so other random characters tagging along break the fiction anyways.

Yeah I hate that they feel the need to connect everything to fiction somehow. Having 4 Chiefs running around in co-op doesn't ruin the game.

Yeah I hate that they feel the need to connect everything to fiction somehow. Having 4 Chiefs running around in co-op doesn't ruin the game.

Funny, I LOVE how they are trying their best to connect everything to the fiction, but also agree that multiple Chiefs in co-op don't ruin the game by any means. That being said, I liked it best in H3, where there were different characters, so perhaps I'm a closet hypocrite ;-P

kylej

Banned
highlighted this little segment out of ninjas stream the other day

http://www.twitch.tv/ninja/b/320180023

pretty impressive opening snipe usage for a warmup game. inflicting some heavy damage.

If Halo 3 had hit-scan BR, better maps, and great netcode... mmm. I miss classic Halo.

Lol, many thanks. It's nice to hear some kind words from someone not living in Tampa. I'm under no delusions that what our boys have been doing the past few years is anything less than strange and extraordinary, especially in this economic sporting climate; hopefully they can grab at least one WS title out of it all. That's all I ask. Just one. Then my sporting life will be complete. We have a Super Bowl, we have a Stanley Cup, I just want the World Series in my lifetime. (I grew up playing a ton of baseball, so it's dear to my heart)

Oh and yeah... Maddon is incredible. Wish I had his knack for hunches. :p

You guys need a better field, that's all. The Trop is awful.

GhaleonEB

Yeah I see no reason to do anything but a doppelganger of the Chief. Halo 1 and 2 did it, ODST did it (with the Rookie). It's not a big deal.

I'm actually bugs me a little bit (emphasis on little) that the multiplayer has been given a fictional context. It's like was said in the first episode of Red vs. Blue, when the two guys are talking about why they're there in the canyon. Well, they're there to fight each other over the flag. Over and over. Because. My reaction when I heard of the War Games simulations on the Infinity was, really? They tried to answer that "why are we here?" question?

It's not a big deal, but I kind of liked how detached and absurd multiplayer is. It's the wacky side of the game, it doesn't need a justification to exist.

Funny, I LOVE how they are trying their best to connect everything to the fiction, but also agree that multiple Chiefs in co-op don't ruin the game by any means. That being said, I liked it best in H3, where there were different characters, so perhaps I'm a closet hypocrite ;-P

Yeah I mean I like how they are sort of intertwining everything like the books, comics and stuff, but forcing fiction into multiplayer is my complaint.

Also, on a somewhat related note, didn't Bungie or 343 say that the reason the Spartans in Reach had armor abilities and the Chief didn't in the trilogy was because that tech was lost when Reach was destroyed? How did it suddenly reappear in Halo 4?

Ryaaan14

Banned

One of my favorite things about Reach is that your Spartan with all of your customizations are carried through in Campaign including cutscenes. That shit was straight-up magical in my opinion. I'd LOVE to see it in Halo 4 for co-op.

And uhhh...[font size=almost unreadable]I hate the idea of having 4 Master Chiefs...[/font size]

Top Bottom