• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
69a0ab6847208331fa7b7ab43c35338bo.gif

Ireland? more like Lolland lulz

Huh? Don't know about that. But to me it always felt forced anyway.

Forced? you mean like any *insert name* Day. Valentines day? Forced. Christmas Day? Forced. Come on be reasonable Bungie Day is a great day for Bungie to celebrate being bungie and its also rewarding for the fans.

The 7/7 Day is because of bungies love of the number 7.

GhaleonEB

4 updates for Reach remaining.

It's probably a good thing that Spartan Ops customization appears limited by comparison. That much less for the sustaining team to manage, they can focus on the War Games side of the house.

Firefight in Reach was such a missed opportunity.

Woorloog

Banned
Forced? you mean like any *insert name* Day. Valentines day? Forced. Christmas Day? Forced. Come on be reasonable Bungie Day is a great day for Bungie to celebrate being bungie and its also rewarding for the fans.

The 7/7 Day is because of bungies love of the number 7.

Forced as in "ain't a holiday for any reason, including tradition".

link1201

It's probably a good thing that Spartan Ops customization appears limited by comparison. That much less for the sustaining team to manage, they can focus on the War Games side of the house.

You can say that again. I am looking forward to seeing what Spartan Ops brings to the table.

FyreWulff

Reach MM under 343 was a missed opportunity. Although I did appreciate a lot of their updates they did pull off.

- They never capitalized on Megalo like Bungie did. The only completely new one we got from them was Hotshot, with the two others being minor modifications of existing gametypes.
- Limited manpower, so only list or two gets updated each month. Which is a problem when you have 26 of them.
- No Community-centric playlists, and weird decisions like collecting Infection maps that fixed the exploit problems, putting them into matchmaking, and leaving the old exploitable maps in matchmaking.

On the bright side, we won't have to go through a divorce mid-support-cycle again. But it still feelsl like releasing another mainstream Halo only two years later clipped Reach's potential short. Instead, the developer has already devoted most of their resources to Halo 4, Reach is on life support, and it won't be updated as soon as 4 comes out. Bless the MM Systems Team for what they do though for what's given to them.

Even for Firefight, I would have liked to have seen one more try for Firefight Versus.

edit: they also mentioned a while back that the Reach Beta List would come back, I wonder if that died.

I firmly believe that Firefight needs to evolve. From a design point of view i dont think Spartan Ops is exactly a Firefight Evolution but its going to fill the void somewhat.

Hopefully with Halo 5 and the Xbox 720 comes increased disc space and the return and growth of Firefight. I want to see it take on a much more Objective and/or Defensive game style.

I dont know if you played Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer but i would love to see firefight progress in that manner with 2-3 "kill waves" and some kind of "objective wave".

For Example.

Defend the marines at the crashed pelican until evac
Capture *item*
Upload intel
ect

Along side this some kind of defensive variation would also be great. Something like This. Your given a base with viable defensive areas and told to defend that base to the last man. Firefight as it currently sits seems to just be locations ripped from single player and given a infinite enemy spawn i have no attachment to the actual location i want to want to defend the base.

Forgeable firefight maps would be amazing aswell but i can imagine difficulty with the path finding AI.

I want some form of Canon woven into firefight aswell and with Spartan 4's thats a real possibility.

link1201

On the bright side, we won't have to go through a divorce mid-support-cycle again...

I feel as though this was one of the biggest issues with Halo:Reach. I suppose , it was going to be awkward and clunky no matter what. I am looking forward to that bright side though....Only one captain of the ship throughout the whole process for Halo 4. This can only be a good thing.

I firmly believe that Firefight needs to evolve. From a design point of view i dont think Spartan Ops is exactly a Firefight Evolution but its going to fill the void somewhat.

Hopefully with Halo 5 and the Xbox 720 comes increased disc space and the return and growth of Firefight. I want to see it take on a much more Objective and/or Defensive game style.

I dont know if you played Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer but i would love to see firefight progress in that manner with 2-3 "kill waves" and some kind of "objective wave".

For Example.

Defend the marines at the crashed pelican until evac
Capture *item*
Upload intel
ect

Along side this some kind of defensive variation would also be great. Something like This. Your given a base with viable defensive areas and told to defend that base to the last man. Firefight as it currently sits seems to just be locations ripped from single player and given a infinite enemy spawn i have no attachment to the actual location i want to want to defend the base.

Forgeable firefight maps would be amazing aswell but i can imagine difficulty with the path finding AI.

I want some form of Canon woven into firefight aswell and with Spartan 4's thats a real possibility.

@bold: But that's exactly what Spartan Ops does.

@bold: But that's exactly what Spartan Ops does.

Oh i know, what im saying is Spartan Ops is a different beast from firefight and id love to see firefight re-inclusion into future halo titles providing space for it. Nothing topped ODST firefight for me until ME3 MP

Spartan Ops seems much more ... mission orientated. Go to area A complete objective B extract at location C for example. What i want to see from firefight is the standard assortment of kill waves but with some objective waves thrown into the mix such as plant the bomb at the covie base if you succeed the next few waves will have less troops if you fail they will have more.

Survival mode with a hint of campaign, Spartan Ops seems like scaled back campaign missions.

Nope, Limited and Arcade only (and Arcadefight in Doubles).

I don't think 343 will be making additional Firefight updates. The updates to date while welcome are still just a subset of what needs to be done, setting aside what could be done.

That's too bad. I can't play any FF playlists outside of Score Attack because of the input lag. I guess I could hop in, get the gametype and then do it in customs.

Also, that bubble shield gif just brings back memories of Halo 3's marketing and hypetrain. I don't think any game will ever reach that level of pre-release hype. It was HUGE. Everybody was talking about Halo 3. Even though other games have surpassed it in sales and popularity, Halo 3 will never be touched when it comes to the frenzy that surrounded the game from announcement until launch. Remember all the, "Bill Gates says Halo 3 will launch the same day as the PS3" stuff? It was crazy. E3 06 to 9/25/07 was just an insanely fun time.

Another thing, put me in the Bungie will reveal Destiny on their time camp. It goes with the trend of events/showcases not being used to reveal stuff like they used to and I kinda think we'll get our first glimpse, even if it's incredibly small, on Bungie day this year.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Oh i know, what im saying is Spartan Ops is a different beast from firefight and id love to see firefight re-inclusion into future halo titles providing space for it. Nothing topped ODST firefight for me until ME3 MP
You thought Reach Firefight was worse than ODST?

can someone tell me why the weighting for CTF is so low in Team Objective? I don't think I could tell you the last time I got it. Just went through two voting rounds, the only flag options were 1 Flag on Pinnacle and 2 Flag Slayer on Zealot. The other options were all oddball or stockpile. Another round, and the only one is 3 Flag on Zealot. Where is the traditional CTF?

FyreWulff

You thought Reach Firefight was worse than ODST?

I kiiinda like ODST's better, but I wouldn't have liked it if it had matchmaking probably. It was definitely a style that worked better played with people you know instead of random internet jerks.

Reach has the massive advantage of customization, with the drawback that the skulls reset every set.

So I guess that works out as a tie, really. Also, Reach supports Versus.

FyreWulff

Wait what? Explain

Remake of a Survival map from Marathon 2: Durandal

edit: Foundation in Halo 2 was a remake of Thunderdome (Thunderdrome?) from Marathon series and Gemini was a remake of Duality from Marathon as well. But the Last Exit one I didn't know until recently.

Remake of a Survival map from Marathon 2: Durandal

edit: Foundation in Halo 2 was a remake of Thunderdome (Thunderdrome?) from Marathon series and Gemini was a remake of Duality from Marathon as well. But the Last Exit one I didn't know until recently.

I knew about Foundation but the other 2 are mindblowing.

Woorloog

Banned
Just remembered a new RvB episode came out a couple of days ago.
Debating whether to watch it or not. The two previous ones were not funny... Is this third episode actually funny and doesn't have too much CGI?

Just remembered a new RvB episode came out a couple of days ago.
Debating whether to watch it or not. The two previous ones were not funny... Is this third episode actually funny and doesn't have too much CGI?

I've given up. Reconstruction was the pinnacle, everything after that didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom