• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computron

Too bad the script was written by a chimpanzee

I enjoyed the movie a LOT. I had a big Grin on my face for a lot of the incredible scenes.

It did feel like a little too much got cut, so the 30 minutes of extra Blu-Ray footage and (probably) the sequel will help. It also had a few too many cooks in the kitchen especially with some of the threads that were seemingly random and undeveloped.

Gui_PT

I enjoyed the movie a LOT. I had a big Grin on my face for a lot of the incredible scenes.

It did feel like a little too much got cut, so the 30 minutes of extra Blu-Ray footage and (probably) the sequel will help. It also had a few too many cooks in the kitchen especially with some of the threads that were seemingly random and undeveloped.

So poorly written characters and idiotical events don't bother you?

Cuz a movie filled with those is completely ruined no matter how pretty it looks

I resent that, sir.

I'm a way better writer than Damon Lindelof.

I'm sure you are. I was so hyped for that movie but that idiot from Lost has ruined yet another good thing

...the hell?

You thought Reach Firefight was worse than ODST?

Oh yes, map design, AI paths and unlimited ammo boxes plus DMR starts really changed the dynamic. ODST was teamwork focused and frenzied, Reach not so much. I miss ODST FF.

Prometheus Spoiler pic

GOD DAMN. DAT CG WAS AWESOME.

Apparently they also used a lot of practical effects. I was surprised by how much wasn't CG.

The movie is visually amazing, and I am amazed at how much is practical, I thought the beginning was mostly CG (not the location) but turns out despite the obvious parts I was wrong.

Agreed. It had its sloppy moments and certainly needed tightening up with a few plot points, but a lot of the criticisms are overblown. I really want to see it a second time.

I'm sure you are. I was so hyped for that movie but that idiot from Lost has ruined yet another good thing
Wait til I finish my grand scifi magnum opus, which will win hearts and change worlds.

Wait, maybe it's better to wait until I actually start writing it.

Dlq1X.jpg

Crappy map is crappy.

inb4 someone types a big write-up at me.

Halo live action teaser in the third quarter of Heat/OK game tonight. Followed by US debut of the Halo 4 :60 TV spot.

Stage one of ring denial process for LeBron.

Just thought you might want to know that about half of our TVs at work are set to that, so that's easily a couple hundred people that might get to see Chief in all his glory tonight. (I work at a tourism-fed burger restaurant chain on the emerald coast, we get a shitload of people in the summer so it's pretty easy advertising)

He has a track record of having terrible opinions so you never know with the guy.
The fucking arrogance. Fuck you and your ilk. I present my ideas and argue my points. All you shitheads do is fucking type one-liners and be assholes. Well congrats to you, asshole.

*mic drop*

blamite

heatmap.ashx

A few of my heatmaps are pretty broken (big red square in the corner that stops kills from showing up elsewhere), including Sword Base, but the few areas that did get filled in are all around the green lift. It's awful. Death map is pretty much the same.

heatmap.ashx

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
uLiwW.png

What map have I made in paint?
Swordbase.

The map is all about verticality, terrible for objective, terrible for slayer, terrible for FFA. Perfect for Jetpack.

It's two bases with multiple floors and a giant open area. Bad, bad map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom