• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Heh, what, cause I said something positive?

Also: I really want to use the new DMR.
Unpopular :_P

And I agree about the DMR. I sold myself on the BR before I even saw footage, but I just love what I see with the DMR. The headshot kills kinda make you tighten your jaw with excitement.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sniper looks like it has less aim assist than normal. I think it looks fine, whatever. Reticule looks fine. I would like the sniper be a tougher weapon to use. In Halo Reach, it was easy to get no scopes and back-of-the-head no scopes. I hope those are both made more difficult.

CyReN

Sniper looks like it has less aim assist than normal. I think it looks fine, whatever. Reticule looks fine. I would like the sniper be a tougher weapon to use. In Halo Reach, it was easy to get no scopes and back-of-the-head no scopes. I hope those are both made more difficult.

It does have a lot less (if any) from Best Man, but again he didn't hit anything lol..

Don't add any Frankie <3

I feel odd about H4's art direction. It seems like a few weapons tried to go the direction of the "gritty realism" look from Reach, such as the BR and the Sniper, but others retain the flat, smooth trilogy look, like the AR. It's kinda stuck in the middle. I don't have a problem with it, but it's a bit weird to see a mix of both aesthetics.

Also, off topic, but if you are able to go see Moonrise Kingdom, DO IT. Saw it tonight, fantastic.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It does have a lot less (if any) from Best Man, but again he didn't hit anything lol..

Don't add any Frankie <3

I think he hit one body shot. I thought I saw shields pop. It looked like he was trying to sweep quick but it wasn't slowing down as he came across the body of the guy he was trying to shoot. We'll see how it changes from now until launch.

I agree, BLOPs had some amazing gametypes though. I'd love for Halo to copy Gun Game, cycle through every weapon in the game until you get a kill with all of them, would be awesome as a fringe gametype.

Yeah, they just added Gun Game (called "Gun Match") to the new BF3 expansion. Really fun gametype, some variant of it should be in all shooters, even if it's just there for customs.

Nice, good footage.

Random comments:
-Finally got to see some more DMR footage and it looks like a great weapon, I'm assuming at this point it will be my go to primary (although I plan to mix it up some).
-It really looks like they have made a real effort to push the BR into being clearly more effective in the short-mid range. In some of the shorter range fights where the player hits their shots, it destroys, but it becomes significantly less effective at long range.
-The Storm Rifle is a beast! Hot damn!
-Again, the strong point of the game is the core gunplay and it's balanced to favor that gunplay over other elements of the sandbox. Combine that with being able to choose starting weapons, and I think I'm going to have a ton of fun with this game, regardless of some of the other stuff that I'm not so excited about.

what has been seen... cannot be unseen

iKPqUfO3Q7C9u.jpg

lol awesome

That's the sniper rifle? :(

The BR design is boxy and inelegant, but that's just ugly. Really odd direction to take the weapon art. I really prefer Bungie's more flowing designs, the human weapons are just boxy and ugly so far in 4.

From an atheistic design, I definitely prefer pretty much all the human weapon designs that Bungie (especially Reach) did to these, but that's obviously pretty low on the totem pole of things to complain about. On the other side, 343's Forerunner and Covenant guns looks incredible.

Voltron64

The new medals look really bad. They need to be redone or I'm canceling my pre-order.

Seriously though, they're a downgrade from Reach. Pls fix.

GhaleonEB

From an atheistic design, I definitely prefer pretty much all the human weapon designs that Bungie (especially Reach) did to these, but that's obviously pretty low on the totem pole of things to complain about. On the other side, 343's Forerunner and Covenant guns looks incredible.

You won't see me bitching about it, but having seen it for the first time, it was worth noting. The sniper just looks really, really weird and downright ugly to me.

The other issue with the weapons is the similarity in the Forerunner guns we've seen; I hope they amplify the glowing highlights to further differentiate those.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The other issue with the weapons is the similarity in the Forerunner guns we've seen; I hope they amplify the glowing highlights to further differentiate those.
Yeah. I feel like the Covie weapons could use some differentiating, too. The Storm Rifle and Carbine look way too similar.

Just watched it cringed at nearly everything the 343? Employee said Jesus this game has no direction it's just an updated h3 with new settings m some altered thingd

daedalius

New footage looks awesome, sniper being more difficult to use is a good thing.

Really liked how non-infinity slayer looked as well; I imagine Infinity and regular team slayer could be options in voting for the overall slayer playlist?

New footage looks awesome, sniper being more difficult to use is a good thing.

Really liked how non-infinity slayer looked as well; I imagine Infinity and regular team slayer could be options in voting for the overall slayer playlist?

It does look really good, except the fully charged plasma pistol shot.
Also, I think the sniper should be a little more difficult to use but they do not need to make every aspect of it harder.

Homeboyd

I still think a lot of stuff in this sounds bad on paper, but watching the videos make the game look a ton of fun. Can't wait to see more.

343 needs to hire Walshy. Dude sounds like he really gets the game. Let's get the Walshy for lead MP designer in Halo 5 campaign going now people.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I still think a lot of stuff in this sounds bad on paper, but watching the videos make the game look a ton of fun. Can't wait to see more.

343 needs to hire Walshy. Dude sounds like he really gets the game. Let's get the Walshy for lead MP designer in Halo 5 campaign going now people.

You're god damn right son. I keep rewatching and it is painful to wait. We keep talking about how Halo 4 pulls things from Reach, which is true, but this SHOULD have been what Reach was, is how I like to see it. Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4. Just pretend Reach was our Halo 4 public beta.

You're god damn right son. I keep rewatching and it is painful to wait. We keep talking about how Halo 4 pulls things from Reach, which is true, but this SHOULD have been what Reach was, is how I like to see it. Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4. Just pretend Reach was our Halo 4 public beta.
what was so bad about reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom