• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCKaos

yhst-128932958816907_2216_12758786

Warthog Resistance Set + Battlescape 3 = Forerunner tower.

This is going to be the first battlescape I buy.

IT'S JUST A TOY, THEY SAID.
YOU CAN'T KNOW FOR SURE THAT THE BATTLE RIFLE IS COMING BACK, THEY SAID.

WHAT ARE THEY TO SAY NOW?[/cruise_control]

I thought they were both pretty terrible. MW2 had better maps than 3, I really didn't like a single map in 3, kill confirmed was a good gametype though.

But really, MW on Crash is the pinnacle of the series for me, such a good map.
None of the rest compare to mw. But mw3 is just shit. Couldn't even reach max rank

Overdoziz

Banned
yhst-128932958816907_2216_12758786

Warthog Resistance Set + Battlescape 3 = Forerunner tower.

This is going to be the first battlescape I buy.

IT'S JUST A TOY, THEY SAID.
YOU CAN'T KNOW FOR SURE THAT THE BATTLE RIFLE IS COMING BACK, THEY SAID.

WHAT ARE THEY TO SAY NOW?[/cruise_control]
Halo 4 Forge reveal?

Easy, I know.
I agree, BLOPs had some amazing gametypes though. I'd love for Halo to copy Gun Game, cycle through every weapon in the game until you get a kill with all of them, would be awesome as a fringe gametype.
Yeah those gametypes were great. I had BlOps for a few weeks and that was all I played. Only got to level 7 before I got bored of the game though. The core gameplay just felt really bad compared to MW games for some reason. Had the same with WaW.

I'm delving into Call of Duty multiplayer for the first time ever tonight. Borrowed my friend's copy of MW2. Wish me luck, HaloGAF. I don't think I'm going to enjoy this.

Shoulda gone with Black Ops, it's the best CoD multiplayer. I'll join you though if you're looking for other people to play it with.

Gui_PT

Hardlight Shield is looking exactly like Armor Lock

Whenever someone uses it, the encounter just stops

Looking great other than that

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hardlight Shield is looking exactly like Armor Lock

Whenever someone uses it, the encounter just stops

Looking great other than that

Really worried about how often I pop someone's shields and then they throw up the hardlight shield.

And if I don't have the particular perk, then I may not have any grenades to chuck at him.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
dont mind the look.

didnt they say somewhere it sounded like thunder....? sounded weird

We've had this discussion internally - something about video capture is definitely squashing sound - and I am not simply comparing it to crazy 5.1 monitor quality sound - I mean even headphones and TV speakers, as anyone who heard it at E3 can attest. I will see if there's a good way to give you guys some uncompressed clean audio that represents how it sounds straight from your console.

one good thing i noticed about HLS is that it doesn't come out instantly. i saw a few times where the guy got down to no shields, tried to turn on HLS but still died because it hadn't opened fully yet.

oh, and the sniper looks really hard to use. storm rifle looks pretty good, and hologram is pretty useful at fooling promethean vision.

Louis Wu

Heh - I was watching teh first one as I was reading the posts before CyReN's, wondering "how come none of these people notice the big Gamespot watermark in the bottom right?"

Kind of hate the fact the kid grabbed it - he's getting more hits than Gamespot is. :(

Overdoziz

Banned
I won't lie, this looks pretty cool. Especially the match on Haven, not sure about Adrift.
DMR, BR and Carbine all sound beefy which I didn't really expect as it didn't seem that way in some other footage. Sniper looks to be more like Halo 3's than Reach's which I guess is a good thing. Takes up a quarter of you screen though, seems unnecessary.

It's not what I'm looking in a Halo game but I'm sure it'll be fun to play. Can't wait to play the MLG gametypes and maps.

Gui_PT

Really worried about how often I pop someone's shields and then they throw up the hardlight shield.

And if I don't have the particular perk, then I may not have any grenades to chuck at him.

1v1 combat or long distance encounters perhaps. Two players flanking a HLS user will be beautiful.

I can tell you can use it to line up a sticky grenade once you get used to it: Activate shield, get closer and line up a sticky. Bam.

We shall have to wait and see!

No Promethean Vision spamming which is also nice

Blueblur1

We've had this discussion internally - something about video capture is definitely squashing sound - and I am not simply comparing it to crazy 5.1 monitor quality sound - I mean even headphones and TV speakers, as anyone who heard it at E3 can attest. I will see if there's a good way to give you guys some uncompressed clean audio that represents how it sounds straight from your console.

Is that why the weapons sound muffled and odd? (The Magnum especially.)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Shoulda gone with Black Ops, it's the best CoD multiplayer. I'll join you though if you're looking for other people to play it with.
That'd be awesome! I'll have NO idea what I'm doing, probably.

Also: MW2 gives a "Disturbing Content Notice" when you first boot the game up... But doesn't say what kind of disturbing content there is. I mean, the whole glorified military domination + slaughter wank fest is disturbing to me, but I'm assuming they're talking about something even extra appalling. I guess it's their attempt at a trigger warning, but without naming the content, the warning is meaningless. Interesting, though.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I don't think anyone expected 60fps, some people still want it though, including me. I honestly don't care if the game will look like Halo 2, if that means it will run at 60fps I'm fine with that.

Well it will run at 30fps and you will accept that, so there you go.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The hard light shield looks far better than armor lock. It doesn't last long and you can easily counter it with a grenade or flank. Sniper looked cool, seemed to shoot a tad bit slower, but I'll have to use it to be able to get a good read on it.

I plan on picking up the new Astro A50s next month, so I can't wait to hear the sounds for myself.

EDIT: HALO 4 TRAILER ON NOW.

stinkes. I less than 3 u.

TCKaos

You could sneak them in to the next Sparkcast, whenever that happens. I remember that Bungie did something akin to it in one of their podcasts to tease the Plasma Launcher for Reach (back when we had no idea what it was).

Arnie

I've just realised what it was the scattershot audio reminded me of: the velociraptors from Jurassic Park.

I don't like the sound of music playing near the end of a match. That has the potential to put you off when you need to concentrate.

neoism

Wow, the Sniper looks and sounds terrible.
worst game ever... WTF the is the fucking ugliest sniper design... jesus... :( infinite sadness..... WTF at the big wire on the right side. Fucking carry bar..... WTF FUCKING TERRIBLE

O____________________________________O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom