• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I'd be more worried about people spawning with Shotguns.

lol, fair enough. i'd forgotten about that. i cant imagine that will be in the gametypes i'll be playing though. like seriously cant imagine. for real. spawning.with.a.shotgun. baaaad.

These strings are in the SWF itself:

s et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
So8ii aspoke qpdkv disofasddddddd
Cras mattis imperdiet est, quis pharetra sdr3
Curae; In tempor pulvinar felis in ves
Maecenas tincidunt vehicula est, vitae condim
imperdiet felis sit amet mauris dignissim
oque penatibus et magnis dis parturient r35
Curabitur sagittis quam vel nisl cas37 jj6-fdd
scelerisque faucibus. In auctor leo eu sapien
Ut sollicitudin neque
faucibus neque accumsan. Ut convallis sagittis
Proin suscipit malesuada elementum.
a justo. Vestibulum dapibus aliqu
dummy text. lorem ipsum

Not at E3 but you supposedly could in the internal beta. I don't think you could customize your loadouts at E3 though.
I really don't think it's worth worrying about what kind of customized loadouts were used in an internal beta. I liked what I saw in those two new videos; the Hard Light Shield doesn't seem overpowered at all (I wish you could throw it like CaptainfuckingAmerica, lol). Makes me wonder if a PP charge can disable it like you can with Jackal shields.

s is reliable and the mountains, shall be born
So8ii aspoke qpdkv disofasddddddd
Read more here is, who is here sdr3
Care, the more time your in your
Read more vehicles is, the conditions of life
combined it here View results
She is fifth on investigating and resolving r35
Link, or more than cas37 jj6-fdd
your throat. The author of a Blog
Instructional or
here or here. Product arrows
Add your comment here.
whenever possible. Read any of

Here's what Google Translate makes of the Latin text. Some (read: most) of this doesn't seem right from what I can remember, but it should supply a general idea.

Overdoziz

Banned
I really don't think it's worth worrying about what kind of customized loadouts were used in an internal beta.
Bungie never seemed to understand how the Shotgun (and other CQC power weapons for that matter) can affect gameplay on certain maps and I'm just hoping 343 won't make the same mistakes.

Gazzawa

Over and Calum, Robbert got defeated with terrible units, I (apparently) sent him 3 odst units to help him. Gazzawa was second in command.

You suck Elzar. You were supposed yo be AA! Lol Jk we all made some big errors. Input delay was shitty at times but I've seen worse. Same again this weekend!

Portugeezer

FpRGU.jpg

They usually never play with radar on.

I never understood that. Want to explain why the remove the tracker in MLG? Removing it doesn't promote an "even playing field", nor does it assist in balancing the game.I guess it's one of those things they remove because they can.

But to be fair, they "usually never play with PV", either.

Gui_PT

I never understood that. Want to explain why the remove the tracker in MLG? Removing it doesn't promote an "even playing field", nor does it assist in balancing the game.I guess it's one of those things they remove because they can.

I assume many of their strategies would be ruined if their movement showed up on radar. Plus it promotes team communication which is way cooler than just looking at dots on the screen

Bungie never seemed to understand how the Shotgun (and other CQC power weapons for that matter) can affect gameplay on certain maps and I'm just hoping 343 won't make the same mistakes.
I agree, and hope so too.

It got me thinking about the new weapon drop system (not ordinance) for power weapons. I wonder if it was done in part to be able to change out what power weapon and fixed location you want to spawn on a map from a menu screen rather than having to go through the editor portion of Forge to do so. Not only would it be a massive time-saver, but it could also speak to the deeper features for Forge (that I hope is discussed very soon).

Overdoziz

Banned

Radar limits movement. Without radar you can move around freely without people knowing where you are going all the time. See MLG Construct vs default Construct. People camp the lifts in MLG much less because you can't see people coming on the radar.
No radar also encouraged people to communicate more with you teammates about where the enemy is positioned and where they are going. And it of course requires you to be more aware of your surroundings yourself too.

It helps speed up the game because people won't hide around corners or slowly crouch around the map.

I assume many of their strategies would be ruined if their movement showed up on radar. Plus it promotes team communication which is way cooler than just looking at dots on the screen

Radar limits movement. Without radar you can move around freely without people knowing where you are going all the time. See MLG Construct vs default Construct. People camp the lifts in MLG much less because you can't see people coming on the radar.
No radar also encouraged people to communicate more with you teammates about where the enemy is positioned and where they are going. And it of course requires you to be more aware of your surroundings yourself too.

It helps speed up the game because people won't hide around corners or slowly crouch around the map.

The communication part of your posts makes the most sense to me.

The fuck is this?
Magnum with oscilloscope attachment. Haven't you been keeping up?

:lol

Ew. I cannot adapt. Therefore it should be removed.
This guy gets it ;)

Definitely, my bliss would be no radar but the full sandbox.

In Halo 3, it was called hardcore or tactical, can't remember now.

JonCha

Watched the footage. Team Slayer looks awesome without the Ordnance Drop killstreaks.

Seriously struggling to find something I don't like. I might even be able to put with double melee given the slowed-down Sprint when shooting, and if you're being meleed from behind you're screwed anyway.

Again, don't get me wrong, I was just curious more than anything, never really been into MLG, I guess you could put me into the 'casual' side of the enumerated population. I've never really been able to play competitively due to my pathetic connection.
I know, it's the oldest excuse in the book, i'll post speedtest results if required :p

This game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play, I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Have any GAFFers played it (that are allowed to talk about it). in your opinions how does it compare to Reach, any problems?

Watched the footage. Team Slayer looks awesome without the Ordnance Drop killstreaks.

Seriously struggling to find something I don't like. I might even be able to put with double melee given the slowed-down Sprint when shooting, and if you're being meleed from behind you're screwed anyway.

How about the powerweapons that spawn at random times at different locations every time?

daedalius

Team Hardcore in Halo 2?

I'd like to see that return in Halo 4 instead of an 'MLG' playlist.

'Team Hardcore' would probably have broader appeal than 'MLG', which carries with it a bad connotation for a lot of players that have interacted with some... segments of that community.

heckfu

Banned
This game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play, I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

Have any GAFFers played it (that are allowed to talk about it). in your opinions how does it compare to Reach, any problems?

I'm mobile so I can't snag the link for you but if you go to halo.xbox.com and read the weekly update from last Friday it links mastrbiggy's writeup on gaf.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I have. Its great. No problems.

The idea of a enhancement that keeps radar on your screen when you're scoped in just makes my skin crawl. I like what I've seen gameplay-wise for the most part, but shit like that just doesn't seem to add anything positive to the game at all.

JonCha

How about the powerweapons that spawn at random times at different locations every time?

As far as I'm aware the spawns are in one place at the beginning of the game (seen in the Sniper vid), and there are preset random locations. So semi-random, really; predictable, but not in one place.

It remains to be seen how predictable the spawns are. If it's two or three locations, then you'll still be able to predict where they're going to spawn. If there are more, then it's too random for my liking.

As far as I'm aware the spawns are in one place at the beginning of the game (seen in the Sniper vid), and there are preset random locations. So semi-random, really; predictable, but not in one place.

It remains to be seen how predictable the spawns are. If it's two or three locations, then you'll still be able to predict where there going to spawn. If there are more, then it's too random for my liking.

My biggest problem is the random time. I just don't see why it's necessary.

Gui_PT

It took me a second to realize this was a photoshop. :lol

iDJG86lONVO6M.gif

My biggest problem is the random time. I just don't see why it's necessary.

This is a decision I do not understand. One of the coolest things in Halo is to control certain areas of the map while you wait for a power weapon because you know when and where it's going to drop.

"Rockets back at 9:30" and the whole team knows what to do

Whoever linked to those new gameplay videos from Gamespot, thank you. I've enjoyed all the footage we've seen from the E3 showfloor. Makes me really itchy to try it out.

JonCha

Didn't David say the timers weren't random?

Yes he did.

Timers aren't random.

David Ellis said:
Global Ordnance Drops are random in location (there are a set of locations on any given map, but the choice of location for a particular drop is random), random in assets (the choice of weapons dropped on a particular map and gametype are planned, but the one that comes at any given drop is random), and random in time (there is no fixed timer for drops). Dropped items are waypointed for all players, until they are picked up.

Appears not.

Team Hardcore in Halo 2?

I'd like to see that return in Halo 4 instead of an 'MLG' playlist.

'Team Hardcore' would probably have broader appeal than 'MLG', which carries with it a bad connotation for a lot of players that have interacted with some... segments of that community.

I would love this, even as a weekend playlist, which need to come back!

The idea of a enhancement that keeps radar on your screen when you're scoped in just makes my skin crawl. I like what I've seen gameplay-wise for the most part, but shit like that just doesn't seem to add anything positive to the game at all.

I just wonder how enhanced the other radar specilization really is? Bigger radar, smaller dots?

And in terms of the one you're talking about, yeah I don't really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom