• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if weapons skins will be available for every human weapon?

It's a easy way to expand the unlock system in place and promote longevity.

Well we know that the limited edition has an AR skin, but I'm going to assume for now that it's only the starting primary human weapons that will have skins.

halo3odst_b10_009.jpg

Look at the ODST sniper for clean user friendly design. No obscuring the screen.

The rest of the gameplay looked fucking amazing though. The DMR is so powerful, I can't wait to use that. The pistol doesn't look as underpowered as I once thought though I agree it could use a 12 round clip if it's a six shot kill. The barely there at all bloom is glorious!

ODST sniper is the same as Halo 3 sniper, ODST just had larger FOV.

I know, I posted that pic to demonstrate the importance between the marriage of the FOV and the weapon design itself. Halo 4's FOV looks slightly too narrow and when combined with a sniper scope that looks like John Meyrick half the screen is eclipsed and it therefore affects gameplay, a big no no in functional weapon design.

Arnie

To be honest I can understand the MLG hate, considering all they do aside from play games and act douche-baggy all they do is complain if a game doesn't meet their specific requirements, seriously I hate to use the old adage, but adapt for the love of god.
Well this is a ridiculous post if ever I've read one.

Nobody's denying that the MLG community has it's unsavoury elements; from the often militant online commentators to the insufferable hierarchy, although it's moronic to peg the entire community with such a description.

Some of us just want to see the game more balanced for competitive play, which is just as valid a suggestion as those who want a larger sword lunge, or even those who want the vehicles to be tweaked, etc.

The most damaging parts of the entire Halo community are those who stand by and spend their time opposing people's criticisms in order to 'protect' 343. Those people who don't think we can ever judge the game until it's in our hands. They're a blight. And they're the first people to come crying when certain aspects aren't up to standards.

I like the new sniper but it takes up a lot of real estate.

Those semi circles seem incredibly useful though. Their purpose I'm sure is so that you don't lose the reticule. When targeting a red player, your reticule is going to go red, and while you might be convinced you're aiming at the head, it might actually be lower. These semi circles are a visual aid.

The handle bar, it's been on every sniper except Reach's. I honestly don't mind it.

Arnie

Those semi circles seem incredibly useful though. Their purpose I'm sure is so that you don't lose the reticule. When targeting a red player, your reticule is going to go red, and while you might be convinced you're aiming at the head, it might actually be lower. These semi circles are a visual aid.

This is a really good point. I often do get 'lost' so to speak when scoping for any extended period of time.

halo3odst_b10_009.jpg

Look at the ODST sniper for clean user friendly design. No obscuring the screen.

The rest of the gameplay looked fucking amazing though. The DMR is so powerful, I can't wait to use that. The pistol doesn't look as underpowered as I once thought though I agree it could use a 12 round clip if it's a six shot kill. The barely there at all bloom is glorious!

I know, I posted that pic to demonstrate the importance between the marriage of the FOV and the weapon design itself. Halo 4's FOV looks slightly too narrow and when combined with a sniper scope that looks like John Meyrick half the screen is eclipsed and it therefore affects gameplay, a big no no in functional weapon design.

Yeah, Halo 4's FOV looks slightly more narrow than Reach's, which means I'll be slightly worse at 4 :(

MrBig

Man I wish I could still play Halo 2. But all the outlets for doing so require a Windows PC :( Really the only time I've regretted having a Mac.

You're really not missing anything, I'm pretty sure the GAF games on here are the only time people play it. It was such a terrible port

I think 343's problem is that they can't get all their weapons looking good from first-person and in third-person. Side view of the storm rifle and carbine? Both look way too similar. In first person? Both look incredibly different and look really good, even compared to past ones. Sniper in first-person? Wall-E rifle. Side view? Best sniper design so far imo.

Louis Wu

So this is an interesting thread at HBO:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1143538

Hoovaloov noticed that if you play the Halo 4 video in the main banner ad on ESPN.com (make sure your adblocker is off ;) ), it takes over the screen, and displays some interesting stuff.

I pulled out the actual takeover file:

http://adsatt.espn.go.com/ad/sponsors/utilities/espn/halo4_microsoft/content_takeover14.swf

The text shown in various places is... odd.

These strings are in the SWF itself:

s et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur
So8ii aspoke qpdkv disofasddddddd
Cras mattis imperdiet est, quis pharetra sdr3
Curae; In tempor pulvinar felis in ves
Maecenas tincidunt vehicula est, vitae condim
imperdiet felis sit amet mauris dignissim
oque penatibus et magnis dis parturient r35
Curabitur sagittis quam vel nisl cas37 jj6-fdd
scelerisque faucibus. In auctor leo eu sapien
Ut sollicitudin neque
faucibus neque accumsan. Ut convallis sagittis
Proin suscipit malesuada elementum.
a justo. Vestibulum dapibus aliqu

These strings are displayed by one of the parts, reversed; I simply captured them and flipped the video to read them:

!diag proc 10
probe terminal proc 10
rogue proc 10
proc 7 8 9
linvntry terminal
thanksshk terminal
d!D@cT
!attach act drop
38XUI¶¶ aos . 299 .
clean !splotch control
!bite rogue pro 1 recurse
§200 sdkue
94. ssdd a s--------

Smarter people than me will need to figure out what it's all about. :)

Ut sollicitudin neque
This seems like to be Latin. Edit.: JDQuackers figured it out already.

These strings are displayed by one of the parts, reversed; I simply captured them and flipped the video to read them:

!diag proc 10
probe terminal proc 10
rogue proc 10
proc 7 8 9
linvntry terminal
thanksshk terminal
d!D@cT
!attach act drop
38XUI¶¶ aos . 299 .
clean !splotch control
§200 sdkue
94. ssdd a s--------

Anniversary Terminals started with a similar number combination. Personally I'd say that a number is missing.(Between 862 and 293). We never figure out what they meant, right? (The numbers at the beginning of the CEA Terminals)

Falagard

CANNOT UNSEE

GTYPQ.png

Haha. Yeah, it looks a bit janky, but mostly because it's brownish where the other Halo sniper rifles were all black.

Those videos were awesome, can't wait to play the game. I've been playing Reach again and I realize that I just have to stop being too competitive with it to have fun.

Anniversary Terminals started with a similar number combination. Personally I'd say that a number is missing.(Between 862 and 293). We never figure out what they meant, right? (The numbers at the beginning of the CEA Terminals)

The first number in the CEA terminals mostly correlates to the numbers of years since Guilty Spark took over the installation. 100002.09.22.09.38.17 for The Maw's terminal, for example.

Falagard

Hoovaloov noticed that if you play the Halo 4 video in the main banner ad on ESPN.com (make sure your adblocker is off ;) ), it takes over the screen, and displays some interesting stuff.

!diag proc 10
probe terminal proc 10
rogue proc 10
proc 7 8 9
linvntry terminal
thanksshk terminal
d!D@cT
!attach act drop
38XUI¶¶ aos . 299 .
clean !splotch control
§200 sdkue
94. ssdd a s--------

Bees... bees. I love bees.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I wonder how the story is going to work in Halo 4. There are a lot of things that have never been in the Halo games up until now. Things they'll have to explain to people that only play the games, like the Didact, Prometheans, how the humans were in space before but got knocked back, etc.

Which reminds me, I need to finish Cryptum and Ghosts of Onyx so I can start Primordium and Traviss' book.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Still can't believe Plasma Pistol + DMR/BR is an available loadout

i'm more worried about this then any seen AA or perk. will everyone just run around with the "noob combo"?

PP nerfed. Takes longer to charge. Thus kill times with noob combo will be roughly equal to regular 5 shot primary.

that should certainly help. i'd imagine there will be lots of glowing spartan IVs running about with pre-charged pp though, lol

http://adsatt.espn.go.com/ad/sponsors/utilities/espn/halo4_microsoft/content_takeover14.swf

Ut sollicitudin neque

!diag proc 10
probe terminal proc 10
rogue proc 10
proc 7 8 9
linvntry terminal
thanksshk terminal
d!D@cT
!attach act drop
38XUI¶¶ aos . 299 .
clean !splotch control
§200 sdkue
94. ssdd a s--------

If but I remembered my latin from my schooling days :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom