• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is campaign co-op in or is Spartan Ops our only co-op option? I asked yesterday but it was just people guessing yes.
Halo 4 is going to have full co-op support. You can betray your friends in the epic journey of Master Chief or in Spartan Ops.

Great catch, man. That ship is more massive than it looks. I wonder what it is – Forerunner?
It's the Infinity. You can see the Wargames Room.

Vire

Halo 4 is going to have full co-op support. You can betray your friends in the epic journey of Master Chief or in Spartan Ops.

It's the Infinity. You can see the Wargames Room.

So the Infinity simulates the different maps for training? How does it work exactly?

So this is an interesting thread at HBO:

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1143538

Hoovaloov noticed that if you play the Halo 4 video in the main banner ad on ESPN.com (make sure your adblocker is off ;) ), it takes over the screen, and displays some interesting stuff.

When that happened yesterday I thought something was seriously wrong with my monitor for a few seconds.

I hate the word Random. There is no such thing as random. The only instance of something that is random in the history of the universe is the big bang, and only because we don't know enough about it to prove otherwise.
When you say "random" in this context, it is still obviously deterministic, however in the case of weapon spawn times, I think the spawn time would be determined NOT by pseudo-random number generation, but either one of the following:
  • The spawn times are scripted on a map basis
  • The spawn times are determined based on team scores
Both of which can be memorized.

Okay, so the timers aren't random, but the location and which weapon drops is specifically randomized. So it's random.

bioshock_2_2010_382.jpg

It's perfect.

Side note: Anyone that plays Bioshock with the navigation arrow on is seriously doing it wrong.

The one on Adrift or Haven? I said stuff that I think is "lacking," stuff that I want to see more of. I didn't say the Needler was never used, but in the two Gamespot videos he linked, nobody sticks with the Needler long enough to get a good sense at how it plays.

Someone picked it and tried to use it, but got destroyed by the time they had squeezed a few rounds off.

I just bought Too Human...

lol

Hopefully we get the Sparkcast today, and it would be nice to get some confirmation on some technical aspects/details. FOV, shots to kill for different weapons, etc.

Woorloog

Banned
Shame, i very much like the pale yellow HUD

Me too. And blue isn't even that good choice, it blends far too much against blue sky and walls. And quite many maps feature either of those.
Can't recall having any issues with yellow HUD in ODST, even on day levels, like Dutch's first mission.

Dat scale.

Reminds me of this scene in halo 3, the first time my jaw dropped at something on the 360.
And the FuD is only a Charon-class frigate. Less than half a kilometer long iirc.

The Infinity's size is referred as being 3.5 kilometers and 3.5 miles. The latter would be actually longer than an Assault Carrier but we do not know which size is actually correct.
It's miles. = 5.632km...

CCS Class is 1,782 meters long
UNSC Infinity is 5,632 meters long.

Either the scale is off or it's a new Covenant ship (Perhaps a new corvette class?)
The Cruiser design is too off to be Covenant. And how could the remaining Covenant produce such a big ship? Still we do not know what happened to the San'Shyuum and the Engineers.

BigShow36

So, wait a second...

The LEAD MULTIPLAYER DESIGNER not only didn't know what affect crouching would have with the Hardlight Shield, but he had never even thought of it as a possibility?

This is why we can't have nice things.

So, wait a second...

The LEAD MULTIPLAYER DESIGNER not only didn't know what affect crouching would have with the Hardlight Shield, but he had never even thought of it as a possibility?

This is why we can't have nice things.
I doubt you *can* crouch with HLS. It already touches the ground whilst standing.

daedalius

I guess they decided to put a scope on the sniper since you are looking through a scope when you zoom in; not at a digital screen.

I still think Reach's looks the sleekest, but I understand the design decisions in 4's sniper.

That's not my concern. My concern is that the guy in charge of Multiplayer didn't know and thought it was some amazing revelation when Walshy mentioned it.

What an unqualified scrub; you should take his job. You'd be much better at it.

neoism

the only thing that will save halo 4 is if it has the covenant sniper.

Bnetbeamrifle.jpg

They fucked up the human design something fierce...... hopefully this is in the game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Question, why has there not been a line of Spartan/ODST weapons developed? All current human weaponry has sights/scopes on the guns, as the Spartans (and ODST's I believe) use their helmet HUD to aim, why have there not been high end HUD aiming only weapons developed for use by those with helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom