• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to me like the cruiser's behind the Infinity, but directly below it in the picture to give off the illusion that it's "under" it. More likely, it's just further away.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
For new page.

Question, why has there not been a line of Spartan/ODST weapons developed? All current human weaponry has sights/scopes on the guns, as the Spartans (and ODST's I believe) use their helmet HUD to aim, why have there not been high end HUD aiming only weapons developed for use by those with helmets?

Or the Covenant ship could be far in the distance...

Well, that would make perfect sense. I thought of that earlier, but it does look like the cruiser is in front of the Infinity.
iWtyAVffr2rq9.JPG

789shadow

Banned
Well, that would make perfect sense. I thought of that earlier, but it does look like the cruiser is in front of the Infinity.
iWtyAVffr2rq9.JPG
I don't buy that it's behind the Infinity. Those things coming down, even if they aren't part of the Infinity itself, are clearly in front of the Infinity proper, and the Covenant ship is clearly in front of them.

For new page.

Question, why has there not been a line of Spartan/ODST weapons developed? All current human weaponry has sights/scopes on the guns, as the Spartans (and ODST's I believe) use their helmet HUD to aim, why have there not been high end HUD aiming only weapons developed for use by those with helmets?

there is, all the halo pistols have no visible scopes, they only zoom in via hudlink. and i don't even know where some of the scopes from covenant weapons come from. the beam rifle for instance.

Korosenai

So, wait a second...

The LEAD MULTIPLAYER DESIGNER not only didn't know what affect crouching would have with the Hardlight Shield, but he had never even thought of it as a possibility?

This is why we can't have nice things.

I also found it funny how he didn't know if walking forward and throwing a grenade would make it go farther than if you just stood there and throw the grenade.

It looks to me like the cruiser's behind the Infinity, but directly below it in the picture to give off the illusion that it's "under" it. More likely, it's just further away.
If it's farther away that would make sense, but the picture makes it look like it's in front of the Infinity (if it is that), making it not seem farther away.

iWtyAVffr2rq9.JPG

BigShow36

I also found it funny how he didn't know if walking forward and throwing a grenade would make it go farther than if you just stood there and throw the grenade.

Of course, most of GAF is more concerned about what Covenant cruiser is shown in a random screen grab.

Smokey

how close is H4 to halo 3 (multiplayer) based on what has been shown? ive been trying to avoid media

talking to a friend he saw the commercial last night and was all hyped. his exact quote was "Haha it was serious man, they need to bring that same gameplay back, I was addicted". referring to h3..he didn't play Reach all that much...

how close is H4 to halo 3 (multiplayer) based on what has been shown? ive been trying to avoid media

talking to a friend he saw the commercial last night and was all hyped. his exact quote was "Haha it was serious man, they need to bring that same gameplay back, I was addicted". referring to h3..he didn't play Reach all that much...

It's very close. Lots of new stuff, but the core gameplay seems to be very Halo 3-esque (a very good thing imo)

So, wait a second...

The LEAD MULTIPLAYER DESIGNER not only didn't know what affect crouching would have with the Hardlight Shield, but he had never even thought of it as a possibility?

Yeah I know that they all specialize in certain areas and he might not know every little nook and cranny about the engine that the crack programmers have coded, but I was shocked that he didn't know some of the answers to what I thought seemed like pretty typical behavior with a item of the sandbox.

Just from memory, when Sage did those lengthy podcasts for Bungie, there didn't appear to be anything about the sandbox that he didn't know, down to some really little details.

Juices circa 2010

Should we start a "Hire Bigshow" initiative?

neoism

That is how much real estate a gun should take up on screen. You know what gun you're holding, it's big enough to be "realistic" but you still can see enough of the screen to feel empowered while holding it.

yeah I forgot about that one looks infintiely better than 4s... still Reachs sniper is my fav...
R>>HCEA>1>3>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4

I would play a multiplayer game designed by BigShow36.

So do you not tell your family and friends they are being dumb shits when they diarrhea out of their mouth's?

Of course you do. I think that was Trey's point.

I haven't seen the interview BigShow36 brought up, but if it's been represented accurately, it doesn't sound good.

Yeah I know that they all specialize in certain areas and he might not know every little nook and cranny about the engine that the crack programmers have coded, but I was shocked that he didn't know some of the answers to what I thought seemed like pretty typical behavior with a item of the sandbox.

Just from memory, when Sage did those lengthy podcasts for Bungie, there didn't appear to be anything about the sandbox that he didn't know, down to some really little details.
Sage was a sandbox designer. Kevin is a Multiplayer designer. Very different jobs.

yeah I forgot about that one looks infintiely better than 4s... still Reachs sniper is my fav...
R>>HCEA>1>3>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4
Ugly stick is ugly ;)

Holy shit, that makes the Eclipse basically the size of the fucking Death Star.

Hmm...I don't know about that. When the Super Star Destroyer crashes into the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi, the camera pulls in close as we see the Executor (a massive, massive ship) pierce the Death Star, yet we still don't see the curvature of the Death Star.

Keep in mind, we just saw the second-largest ship in the SW movies crash into the largest, but it still looked tiny. The Eclipse-class Star Destoyer wouldn't be nearly the size of a Death Star.

By the way, I was always under the impression that the Eclipse-class starship seen in that graph was nothing more than a fan-creation. Is this not true?

Striker

It's removed Reach's inertia and gave more freedom to players, but it's still going to have armor abilities, and new things like specializations (resupply, shields, think a Halo Battlefield of sorts), and loadouts where you can customize how you want.

BR, DMR, Carbine, all in, plus new Forerunner weapons. It's more closer to Reach than any of the previous 1-3 Halo's, but the changes might be really good if implemented properly in the playlists at launch.

789shadow

Banned
Hmm...I don't know about that. When the Super Star Destroyer crashes into the second Death Star in Return of the Jedi, the camera pulls in close as we see the Executor (a massive, massive ship) pierce the Death Star, yet we still don't see the curvature of the Death Star.

Keep in mind, we just saw the second-largest ship in the SW movies crash into the largest, but it still looked tiny.
I also wonder why, if the Empire had the Eclipse during the second Death Star fight, why they didn't use it. Instant win.

I would have been better than shishka in h3 playlist management. Just think about it dude was literally switched out for Reach. He was terrible.

It's not an if and or but. I would have flown in with massive adaption n taken reigns like an alpha wolf.

Death Star II was 900 kilometers in Diameter.
Executor class destroyer was 17.6 kilometers long.
That's accurate. Death stars are big...

Presco

Yeah, the dude didn't know if moving forward while throwing a grenade had an impact on the grenades velocity / trajectory. What the hell.

All I know is that while some of the decisions around Halo 4 seem a bit strange, the base gameplay looks to be returning to the type of Halo I want to play. And that is really all that matters. I put up with shitty playlist management and questionable decisions with Halo 3 up until Reach launched because the game was fun. I moved on from Reach within a few months.

By the way, I was always under the impression that the Eclipse-class starship seen in that graph was nothing more than a fan-creation. Is this not true?
Well, I'd personally consider most of the EU to be fan fiction you pay for (zing!), but it's indeed something described. I actually can remember a Star Destroyer being described that was supposed to be something like 170km in length. :lol

BigShow36

I guarantee you would not.

I'm not going to argue something like this, seeing as how its impossible for me to prove it to anyone.

I would play a multiplayer game designed by BigShow36.

That's cause you know me outside of GAF, and know how awesome I am.

I haven't seen the interview BigShow36 brought up, but if it's been represented accurately, it doesn't sound good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAJaHsHO6mQ

At 5:20 in that video. Crouching with the Hardlight shield was a "new sandbox combination they had never thought of."

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"God Mode" and "Worthless"
Heh, the Sticky D looks good to me. Shoot it to a surface, wait for enemy to come around the corner, and boom. The MLG kids were mistakenly trying to use it like the Reach grenade launcher. If they knew how to use it I think we'd be a lot more impressed.

I think the new sniper rifle looks really good. 343 has some really talented artists and designers.
ILlzS.gif

Fuchsdh

I think the new sniper rifle looks really good. 343 has some really talented artists and designers.

I think they're all talented, I just think they can't leave well enough alone.

Focus on designing compelling *new* elements to the series instead of rewriting canon and common sense, please.

Falagard

So, wait a second...

Was that the Lead Multiplayer designer? For real?

Louis Wu

iWtyAVffr2rq9.JPG

does anyone else see a covenant cruiser? i don't think it could be, cause there's no way the infinity is that large. mini-cruiser?
So according to this page:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_scalecomparison/1280.html?display=capitalshipscale

The Covenant Battle Cruiser is 1,782m - or about 1.1 miles long.

The Infinity is 3 miles long.

So yeah... either it's a perspective thing... or we're dealing with miniships. :)

Edit: DOH! Should have reloaded the page before I started speculating. Old news now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom