• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with vanilla.
Speaking of which, is there a reason the tournament is going to be the TU gametype, possibly with bleedthrough, when:

a) most of the entrants played Team Slayer a majority of the time

b) the TU gametype with bleedthrough is, for the most part, an abberation; it was only around in MM for a few months, and has been gone for months

I am a biased voice on the matter, but I think it would be fun to do an MLG tourney. Most of us haven't really delved into MLG, and I think it would pretty novel to just dive into MLG as a large group.

BigShow36

Speaking of which, is there a reason the tournament is going to be the TU gametype, possibly with bleedthrough, when:

b) the TU gametype with bleedthrough is, for the most part, an abberation; it was only around in MM for a few months, and has been gone for months

I am a biased voice on the matter, but I think it would be fun to do an MLG tourney. Most of us haven't really delved into MLG, and I think it would pretty novel to just dive into MLG as a large group.

Anything with Zero Bloom and DMR starts. That's all I care about.

cuz it's better, duh :)

Risen

I started reading this and was thinking "holy crap shoot this man" and then you wrapped it up and I wanna give you an internet hug.

I'd be okay with TU Squad Slayer settings with no bleedthrough for the tourney. Bleedthrough in Reach is demonstrably broken. I mean, health pack glitch, the fuck is that.

Overdoziz

Banned
While I would definitely be happy about base MLG settings (no bloom, faster movement, no loadouts, DMR starts), I think we could get away with expanding the map/gametype selection for this tournament.
Pretty sure it's going got be best of 3 anyway so we won't need that many maps.

I think it's kinda dishonest to bring up playing Team Slayer a majority of the time when TU settings haven't been around for a majority of the time.

But I do agree with making it MLG.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Arena is currently Sprint/Hologram only right?

I'd prefer that actually.

Yep, so AA abuse wouldn't be a problem.

This is what we're currently looking at:

Each round is best of 3.
1st match: Arena Slayer on Zealot
2nd match: 1 Flag CTF on Powerhouse
Tiebreaker: 2 Flag CTF on Refuge

Personally I don't agree with 1 Flag being in any sort of rotation at all, and much less on Powerhouse. As much as I like that map (in relation to other Reach maps), the spawning can be pretty broken, spawning the defending team right on the capture point at times.

Should be Slayer and 2 Flag, and MLG Zealot, not Arena Zealot

You guys should do one classic, one MLG, and one TU, one Heavies.

That way the winner will be the person with the highest APM (Adaptions Per Minute)

I'd go for:

Slayer
2 flag
Slayer

Especially considering the fact that most teams will probably not have played together that much so working together properly in CTF (especially in 1-flag) could be a bit cumbersome.
I agree with this if we're really gonna rule out grifball as an option.

What are HaloGAF thoughts on the promethean knights design? I personally love them, specially the ones with the holographic crown thingy.
I'm pretty neutral on the new enemy designs. When they were first revealed nothing about them jumped out at me and made me say, "I like that." On the other hand, nothing about them made me react negatively and think, "I don't like that." Eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom