• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'd go for:

Slayer
2 flag
Slayer

Especially considering the fact that most teams will probably not have played together that much so working together properly in CTF (especially in 1-flag) could become a bit cumbersome.

Okay, that sounds good.

As for what settings to do, if you guys really want MLG, I'll do it. Although there's a lot of people that are going to be unused to it (if they've even played it before). I'd prefer to use Arena settings, but if a different consensus is reached, I'll change it.

heckfu

Banned
Okay, that sounds good.

As for what settings to do, if you guys really want MLG, I'll do it. Although there's a lot of people that are going to be unused to it (if they've even played it before). I'd prefer to use Arena settings, but if a different consensus is reached, I'll change it.

My opinion is to get the teams together and go into matchmaking MLG playlist and leave it up to a vote. That may not be the most uniform or streamlined but I think it's the most fair.

Risen

I'd prefer MLG settings - they are hands down the most balanced Halo Reach has to offer. I get that some would be alienated by that though.

Why not mimic MLG settings but remove the bleed through. That way AA's are in the best role possible for Reach, competitive objective game types are present, on maps that are balanced as well as they can be... and that will remove the one large gripe most would have with the MLG setting.

My opinion is to get the teams together and go into matchmaking MLG playlist and leave it up to a vote. That may not be the most uniform or streamlined but I think it's the most fair.

You can't force your teams... MM would split you.

daedalius

Okay, that sounds good.

I wouldn't do MLG settings, but Arena settings would probably be fine with most people.

Just use default maps, not that gray garbage in the MLG playlist.

I like them. They look cool, and the seem fun and challenging to fight.

Y'know, I was just playing Corruption the other night... and the Space Pirates in that don't really look that much like the Prometheans. Maybe MP1 pirates are more similar.

Okay, that sounds good.

Have I been added or have all spots been filled?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'd prefer MLG settings - they are hands down the most balanced Halo Reach has to offer. I get that some would be alienated by that though.

Why not mimic MLG settings but remove the bleed through. That way AA's are in the best role possible for Reach, competitive objective game types are present, on maps that are balanced as well as they can be... and that will remove the one large gripe most would have with the MLG setting.

I can't adjust bleedthrough though.

A nice hybrid of MLG I could do is the original TU, plus MLG's movement speed/jump height.

Have I been added or have all spots been filled?
You're in, I haven't updated the Google doc yet

I don't think you can control the teams that way. It will be randomly mixed up when you go into matchmaking.

daedalius

That gray garbage is better than all the Reachs maps combined.
Aside from Nexus.

Unfortunately most of us don't know those maps because we rarely play in the MLG playlist.

Your map for Sanc would probably be better than normal sanc though, since most people actually know Sanc pretty well.

Risen

I can't adjust bleedthrough though.

A nice hybrid of MLG I could do is the original TU, plus MLG's movement speed/jump height.

That's pretty much what I meant by mimic and not have bleed through...

use the TU base, and change the base traits... can DL the MLG maps and presto - pretty good middle ground.

Overdoziz

Banned
Unfortunately most of us don't know those maps because we rarely play in the MLG playlist.

Your map for Sanc would probably be better than normal sanc though, since most people actually know Sanc pretty well.
There's only 3 Forge maps in MLG at the moment two of which are remakes of old maps, Sanctuary and The Pit.

Edit: We could just take the Zero Bloom gametype in matchmaking (good luck getting it) which has no bleedthrough as far as I know and adjust the movement speed and loadouts to be like the MLG gametype.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dont like the sound of mlg settings. i'm to old to adjust to a new movement speed and jump height. tu vote.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think I'm going to go with Arena settings. They're familiar to everyone, and there's no new mechanics for those that don't play MLG. A fair compromise.

As for maps, any suggestions? Right now, we're looking at Zealot, Powerhouse, and Refuge.

Aggrotek

I think I'm going to go with Arena settings. They're familiar to everyone, and there's no new mechanics for those that don't play MLG. A fair compromise.

As for maps, any suggestions? Right now, we're looking at Zealot, Powerhouse, and Refuge.

DLC maps out? I never purchased Anniversary.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

what are the arena settings? vanilla but without some of the AAs?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Before Fracas posts the tiers, I want you all to know the lowest tier will be pointed out and laughed at. Shame and shunned by the rest of the community they will be forced to wear their marks of shame in the form of dunce caps.

heckfu

Banned
Before Fracas posts the tiers, I want you all to know the lowest tier will be pointed and laughed out. Shame and shunned by the rest of the community they will be forced to wear their marks of shame in the form of dunce caps.

You're just going to be embarrassed that a wolf pack member is in the lowest tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom