• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the tension is the best part of football. Every goal counts and at any moment either team can score. Often makes for nerve-wrecking moments.

This. And I'm American. Unfortunately, it seems like a large portion of my countrymen can't muster the attention span required =/

True football is a thing of brilliance and beauty.

(unfortunately, it's the same with racing, where everyone here thinks "NASCAR" -vomit- when Le Mans, ALMS, Rolex, F1, & Rally are where it's at)

Monster, I'm not sure how awkward this will be but me and Krow possibly need to be on the same team. Unless you can timetable things so that, if we are on different teams, we both don't play at the same time.

Joys of splitscreen I know. Maybe pair us as a package? One good player and one funny one.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Monster, I'm not sure how awkward this will be but me and Krow possibly need to be on the same team. Unless you can timetable things so that, if we are on different teams, we both don't play at the same time.

Joys of splitscreen I know. Maybe pair us as a package? One good player and one funny one.

Do you want to be on the same team? I'll make you a captain and put him on your team, no problem. kittens is schedule manager, I'm sure he can have you guys play at separate times if you want to be on separate teams. Up to you guys.

Tawpgun

Speaking of sports that make terrible TV...

You know what I saw yesterday on ESPN of all places...?

Ultimate Frisbee

Really ESPN, now we want Ultimate Frisbee on the Telly?

Not frat kids. At least I don't think. Recently an actual, proffesional frisbee league was formed. Still very small, but its there and growing. I've never really watched an entire game before, but I ADORE the sport. It's by far my favorite sport to PLAY. So much fun.

I think the tension is the best part of football. Every goal counts and at any moment either team can score. Often makes for nerve-wrecking moments.

There's that, but what most people *americans* don't appreciate is the individual actions of the player, their grace, agility, ball skills. All they want to see is tackles and goals. But the tension part is right. Anytime your opponnent is in your zone. Or they take a corner/free kick. Shit bricks all the time.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Going to start ranking people now.

Team Cap'ns will be designated and PMed by tonight.
Hopefully.

edit: Oh, and also cutting a few people. There's a few people that haven't posted since the day this thing was announced, lol.

Risen

Not frat kids. At least I don't think. Recently an actual, proffesional frisbee league was formed. Still very small, but its there and growing. I've never really watched an entire game before, but I ADORE the sport. It's by far my favorite sport to PLAY. So much fun.

It was the Oregon Ducks v Nebraska Cornhuskers or some stuff... at least they had the college logos as part of the team names (not sure of the Nebraska part). Oregon was kicking the piss out of the other team.

There's that, but what most people *americans* don't appreciate is the individual actions of the player, their grace, agility, ball skills. All they want to see is tackles and goals. But the tension part is right. Anytime your opponnent is in your zone. Or they take a corner/free kick. Shit bricks all the time.

On a serious note... there's no better event to go watch live than a Houston Dynamo game in their new stadium. There is not a bad seat in the house, and live it is much much more fun to watch.

Do you want to be on the same team? I'll make you a captain and put him on your team, no problem. kittens is schedule manager, I'm sure he can have you guys play at separate times if you want to be on separate teams. Up to you guys.

That'll work. One mind, two bodies. It'll save some hassle and a possibility of screen watching (Yeah Krow, you dirty cheat).

Is Xand even in this tournament lol?

Tawpgun

Sports to watch Hierarchy

1. NHL
2. NFL
3. NBA/Soccer (if it's a tournament/big game, otherwise I can't give enough of a shit)

Poop tier
1. MLB (I'll see if I can go to a red sox game this year, but the game is piss boring to watch on TV)

Rest of sports don't matter, least on TV.

Best Sports to play

1. Ultimate
2. Tackle Football
3. Basketball
4. Soccer, but only because I suck.
5. Baseball, actually fun to play.

Fracas

#fuckonami
That'll work. One mind, two bodies. It'll save some hassle and a possibility of screen watching (Yeah Krow, you dirty cheat).

Is Xand even in this tournament lol?

Okay, I'll put you guys together.
Since both of you guys are really good, I'll have to balance the rest of your team though.

But it will be done fairly.

Trey

Tawpgun is the only one close to correct. Rethink your tastes, people.

J10 can roll with me. Where are you, fam? I know you still lurk this thread.

This one is easy:

Favorite sport to watch: Women's Beach Volleyball.

Favorite sport to play: Women's Beach Volleyball.

Best friend to have with you on a deserted island: a Women's Beach Volleyball.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I PMed the 5 people who haven't posted since this thing started.

I'll go ahead and rank everyone. If I cut them, that'll leave us at 61. Ahh, we need a multiple of 4. Any way we can get 3 more signups?

Back on Twitter AND posting in GAF?

Well, I'm alright with both of those things.

It's has to signal some sort of an apocalypse though right?

Played a quick Team BRs over my lunch.

sogood.gif

If population numbers are correct, there are still quite a few people playing Halo 3.

They aren't. The population numbers of Halo 3 are reported every 30 minutes (Reach is every 60 seconds), which cause backlogging that significantly inflates the number of people that are playing.

That said Social Slayer and Team Slayer still have relatively healthy populations. Just about everything else is graveyard though.

Baseball is easily the most boring. (In before pissed off MLB fans)

....mounting rage!

Nah, I understand why people don't like watching baseball, but it is the best. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At least they're more entertaining to watch than two men hugging in boxer shorts on the floor.
Yes, you've totally described all mma and wrestling matches in the history of ever and are totally original in your shallow criticism in regards to both of these mediums. You got me Barrow, you got me.

heckfu

Banned
Yes, you've totally described all mma and wrestling matches in the history of ever and are totally original in your shallow criticism in regards to both of these mediums. You got me Barrow, you got me.

The joke contained in this post is that it's sarcasm!

kylej

Banned
Who will be hosting the HaloGAF Tournament Draft? EazyB can be the Roger Goodell who walks up and gives people hugs when they're chosen.

I PMed the 5 people who haven't posted since this thing started.

I'll go ahead and rank everyone. If I cut them, that'll leave us at 61. Ahh, we need a multiple of 4. Any way we can get 3 more signups?

3 more signups you say? Hold on, I just need to find the symbol we use to summon him when we need him:
RFCYX.jpg
You're not the hero we deserve, but you're the hero we need!

Thank you. It's very big of you to concede to my masterful argument so gracefully.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm cutting those 5 people, for now. I want to get ranking done, and they'd just throw off everything.

So if anyone knows 3 people, or wants to sign up, do so pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom