• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol nawwwww but it does help people recognize you more quickly.

What he's saying is you should get one.

I couldn't imagine Halo 5 coming any longer than 3 years from now. But honesty, I'd bet it's going to be 2 years between games, but I'm hoping for 3.

I expected the game to be released two years apart.

An MGS exec said quite some time ago about MS taking over Halo that they felt that three years in-between titles was too long.

Louis Wu

Looks terrible with NeoGAF dark theme.
Ooh. Didn't even think of that. Hmm... Not even sure i have the dark theme enabled. Lemme look.

Edit: Fixed now.

for_eslim.png

kylej

Banned
I don't know if there was much of a saga. Some nerd named J10 who probably came from Bnet or Waypoint or some other BK haven said he was only here to read Frankie and David's posts, and that he didn't care about the community.

People made fun of him for being a dope.

He ran away like a huge nerd.

The end.

Hey You

Why? They're on a 10 year plan.

Halo Trilogy is on a 10 year plan (or am I misinformed?)

Actually, does anyone know the timescale for Halo releases?

They are expected to release a full retail game every 2 years, with a expansion every other year in between. An expansion, not a DLC pack with 3 maps.

People will no doubt get burned out real fast and leave (those not on a contract), sounds like 2 years of crunch time.

I don't think MS would risk quality of the game to get a new game out every 2 years but I guess we will see since circumstances are different this time around.

daedalius

Played a quick Team BRs over my lunch.

sogood.gif

If population numbers are correct, there are still quite a few people playing Halo 3.

daedalius

Team Slayer's still going strong, but when I tried popping into Team Mythic a couple days ago it had a population of 14.

Last night Social Slayer had like 5700 people in it; that is like 5x as many as people playing Super Slayer. (of course these numbers are probably wrong) If its wrong, I find matches VERY fast still; and not awful hosts/pings either. Surprisingly, I see very few quitters in Halo 3, whereas in Reach its literally every game.

AR starts are misery, but at least most maps have plenty of BRs to pick up; and Team BRs is obviously the best starts.

Halo 4 and user-selected starting weapons can't get here soon enough.

So U4ix linked some MLG match from over a year ago... just saw 100% bloom lose a guy the fight; UGH!

heckfu

Banned
Last night Social Slayer had like 5700 people in it; that is like 5x as many as people playing Super Slayer.

AR starts are misery, but at least most maps have plenty of BRs to pick up; and Team BRs is obviously the best starts.

Well it looks like I'll be on some H3 tonight. Anyone else wanna get a big party going?

Last night Social Slayer had like 5700 people in it; that is like 5x as many as people playing Super Slayer. (of course these numbers are probably wrong) If its wrong, I find matches VERY fast still; and not awful hosts/pings either. Surprisingly, I see very few quitters in Halo 3, whereas in Reach its literally every game.

Amen. Never liked this matchmaking concept of starting you off with bad weaponry.

heckfu

Banned
How about 8:00 pm CST? Send a message to Heckfu on XBL (or someone else, I'll get another person with good maps for customs to be in charge if we have too many show up, but I'll figure that out later).

So you saw what I did there then...? smh

Well, I was trying to reinforce your point.

Although, I should have said that's Portugal for you. :p

Poor Gui, I can live with poor quality water, but bieng from the same country as Ronaldo? Don't think I could handle that.

Risen

Well, I was trying to reinforce your point.

Although, I should have said that's Portugal for you. :p

Poor Gui, I can live with poor quality water, but bieng from the same country as Ronaldo? Don't think I could handle that.

Get yer English composition right Lawdog... and quit talking about SOCCER.

Speaking of sports that make terrible TV...

You know what I saw yesterday on ESPN of all places...?

Ultimate Frisbee

Really ESPN, now we want Ultimate Frisbee on the Telly?

Well there's a fan base for everything.

Frisbee, table tennis, baseball...

Terrible.

Risen

Well there's a fan base for everything.

Frisbee, table tennis, baseball...

Terrible.

Yeah but at least table tennis and baseball, when on TV, are usually top skilled players competing... this was a bunch of fat frat kids throwing a disc in an intramural game... on NATIONAL TV.

I'd rather watch them play beer pong... it would have been more competitive, and I'm positive a few of those would have been pro there.

Fuchsdh

Ultimate frisbee is a fun game, but falls in the same category as golf and tennis for me as "yes it can be fun to play but why the hell would I watch this on TV?"

You know what's boring as hell? Soccer. What's the appeal of that shit?

I find watching most sports boring. I'd rather play them but the odds of doing that. Also soccer is fun if you're a mid-fielder. If you're on D and your team has a really good offense you'll be bored to tears.

Ultimate frisbee is a fun game, but falls in the same category as golf and tennis for me as "yes it can be fun to play but why the hell would I watch this on TV?"
It's one of those games that becomes interesting to watch after you learn to play. I couldn't stand watching golf, but after playing golf it's really fucking impressive what these people can do

Overdoziz

Banned
I think the tension is the best part of football. Every goal counts and at any moment either team can score. Often makes for nerve-wrecking moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom