• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
you must have miss the fact I don't care for Reach. like I said my tier or whatever Ranking i was judge by means nothing.
No, I caught it. My point is that you come in here and constantly talk shit about how you're going to destroy us and how good you are and are not placed in the top tier. That's what's funny.

Also, I didn't know there was a correlation between liking something and skill level. I'm good at a lot of things I dont like. And those things I don't like I don't enter tournaments for.

CyReN

Isn't slowturn a symptom of increasing deadzone from use/plastic casing making it impossible to get the full tilt? How does fast turn exist?

Aim acceleration enhances the issue of slow turn, that's why you don't see it in past Halo titles (halo 1/2 on 360 controllers), not only is aim acceleration not really needed but it sucks for wired controller users. That's why a lot of us have asked for a toggle or removal.

No, I caught it. My point is that you come in here and constantly talk shit about how you're going to destroy us and how good you are and are not placed in the top tier. That's what's funny.

Also, I didn't know there was a correlation between liking something and skill level. I'm good at a lot of things I dont like. And those things I don't like I don't enter tournaments for.

Well I can't trash talk? I don't like Reach that much. Also I said in Halo 4 I will destroy if the the game is good. Right now I am just having fun. Not trying to start anything serious with anybody. Either way, I know how good I am when dedicated to the game. Also if stats were based off of Halo 3 you would see things differently.

Retro

We still playing halo 3? I'm on but so lonely... Heckfu, whoever- anyone, shoot me an invite? GT retrogames.

Don't make me go back to playing Reach. :'(

Thanks for the invite, Franklinator. Good games, amazing how much better Halo 3 is compared to Reach. Like... you almost have to purposely be trying to make Halo worse to end up with Reach.

Halo 2 is still king, but... RIP

789shadow

Banned
There was this amazing moment during those Halo 3 games where a guy stickied my Ghost, then attempted to hijack me, and was killed by his own sticky. I have the clip in my file share, where can I access it?

Aim acceleration enhances the issue of slow turn, that's why you don't see it in past Halo titles (halo 1/2 on 360 controllers), not only is aim acceleration not really needed but it sucks for wired controller users. That's why a lot of us have asked for a toggle or removal.

Morale of the story: Aim acceleration sucks and should be removed.

Is it worth it? $100 is a lot to spend, especially when they didn't make it work on both 360 and PS3.

I ended up returning that thing. Not only are the sticks extremely hard to get used to and stay used to, my left bumper broke on me after 3 weeks and the same thing happened to 3 other locals I LAN with. The second I switched back to my old Microsoft controller after 3 weeks I was playing significantly better. Sad thing was I absolutely loved everything about that controller besides the sticks and bad bumpers.

Also, probably irrelevant but my teammate in Columbus lived by the thing and went -30.
Still Salty

Tawpgun

give pls

603183015.jpg

I believe the shirt is suppose to say Halo 4 Beta Team. Spartan looks cool too.

heckfu

Banned
give pls

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/603183015.jpg?key=24483264&Expires=1340339180&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=kL15oAT8ajpFBOyRud~HivorAedjyDVKsnkVEbjBhv7LwIlIgxqn6nlNF5zva1M6uJtW-VknSZRF2yKJaishot32VaFQntif-XdOqlkEMb4u3w0miWF11fK62lZciS6kfrE~DK3TIVyy4wMrpPB3q0sNV2wluMmpm9AaDOchEdI_[img]

I believe the shirt is suppose to say Halo 4 Beta Team. Spartan looks cool too.[/QUOTE]

terrible blue color. they're ruining halo confirmed.

also, i ratted you out to Rukizzel for being an ultimate creeper.

TCKaos

Until the slow turn.

Same with almost all of my wireless ones. The two wireless controllers I got at launch still work just fine and have been used so much that the grooves on the sticks are gone. I've managed to wear them down. My Reach controller and the controller that came with my slim have some terrible slow turn and slow walk. The one that came with the slim moves at something like a third of the speed it should when attempting to turn left, about half when you turn right. My Reach controller has a slow walk forward and is something like 75% as responsive as it should be. You can't actually use sprint with that controller because it assumes you're slowing down and just stops the sprinting.

How do you fix that, anyway?

CyReN

Same with almost all of my wireless ones. The two wireless controllers I got at launch still work just fine and have been used so much that the grooves on the sticks are gone. I've managed to wear them down. My Reach controller and the controller that came with my slim have some terrible slow turn and slow walk. The one that came with the slim moves at something like a third of the speed it should when attempting to turn left, about half when you turn right. My Reach controller has a slow walk forward and is something like 75% as responsive as it should be. You can't actually use sprint with that controller because it assumes you're slowing down and just stops the sprinting.

There are some tutorials online, I haven't done it personally.

There is a tick you can do that 'Fixes' the problem but it actually just creates directions that go further than they are supposed to and gets the slow directions up to 100%. You use a dremel, scissors or sandpaper and make the plastic hole for your thumbstick wider. You still get a slow turn feeling but the controller is faster and in some directions too fast. How other controller shops that sell no slow controllers do it I have no idea but they may use this same method.

Onza are the worse.
It's too bad really. The remappable extra bumpers were such an awesome feature. I could finally use bumper jumper in reach without sacrificing proper AA usage. I had melee, jump, swap/reload, and AA on my 4 bumpers. I only ever had to take my thumb off the stick for weapon and grenade switching. And face buttons felt so good too, but the D-pad was still crap. The tightening and loosening analog stick function was useless and I think the resistance on the Microsoft stick is perfect as is. Build quality was crap, I went through 3 controllers and they all developed problems like the left stick spontaneously registering down inputs or slow turn on the right stick.

Such a shame, that controller really had promise.

Dead Island had a "dead zone" adjuster which was a liiiiifesaver. I'd love for an accel toggle in Halo 4. Please make it happen, 343.

I just bought a new controller, got that fancy silver one with the special d-pad. The right stick squeaks and it's really annoying.

PNut

Banned
The HaloGAF tourny will need alts I'm sure. Add my GT: PNut d kidnaper. Going by Waypoint BPR & Reach stats I'm tier 4/5.

Congrats to Miami Heat fans and Juwan Howard.

H3 rocket race was amazing. Loved the playlist. Shame reach physics made it suck. Reach physics ruined grifball too

We should be friends. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdktAWV4oOY&feature=plcp My go to video when someone other than myself brings up H3 RR in HaloGAF. After all these years it never gets old. Play H3 RR customs every week. So many great moments when the game is played right.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I absolutely adored the 2008 PoP. Stunningly beautiful, and really fun gameplay. The fact that they used a gorgeous Sigur Ros song in their main trailer didn't hurt either lol.

I've missed so many games because of my love for Halo and PoP 2008 is one of them. Before Halo 4, I wanna go through the games I wanted to play and beat.

I'm upset that MS put the awful Viva Piñata on sale rather than any of the 2 good ones. Especially because Trouble in Paradise is getting kind of expensive for a boxed copy, haha

I may pick up Kameo, but the collector in me says to wait for a boxed copy for that cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom