• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
someone posted this on our forums

I3WtU.png

Shut up that can NOT be real

Tunavi

Banned
Doesnt seem like much of a party to me

on a halo note, I didnt know the X crosshairs were for hit confirmation

heckfu

Banned
did you not watch the video posted just before that? watch it... and re-evaluate.

Aw man, I'll have to bookmark that and watch it when I'm not at work. Folks here haven't figured out I'm a nerd yet so I'm having to check GAF on the DL.

CyReN

Aw man, I'll have to bookmark that and watch it when I'm not at work. Folks here haven't figured out I'm a nerd yet so I'm having to check GAF on the DL.

Pro tip: Keep a tab with ESPN open if anybody walks by that isn't your boss.

AusQB

I'm growing nervous about the impending bombshell of a post by Ryaaan defending Bud Light and Mike's Hard Lemonade.

FyreWulff

Nah - I think they're the same. (Both of the Promethean Knights there are the ones we faced in the Spartan Ops mission they've been showing - I played it twice, watched it a couple more times, every time they had the same guns.) Must just be the angle.

While I know you would know better than us, look at these 2 pics I just posted:

Actually, I think he is right.

look:

New Gun 1

QRVxO.jpg

New Gun 2
ERAQt.jpg

Definitely different guns than the lightrifle or scattershot

While that level may have been shown at e3, it doesn't mean those enemies with the different guns made an appearance. If I had to guess the first one is wither a heavy gun or an automatic weapon while the second one likely is a sniper.

Defintely different than these guns:

Lightrifle:

nc6zk.jpg

Scattershot (anyone have a pic of it on a Promethean?):

nfFYp.jpg

Risen

I'm not sure of my favorite part... the girl-fight between brothers on stream live while a match is going, them attempting the "dougie", or the parents yelling at them to get jobs and get off the game.

GhaleonEB

While I know you would know better than us, look at these 2 pics I just posted:

Defintely different than these guns:

Lightrifle:

nc6zk.jpg

Scattershot (anyone have a pic of it on a Promethean?):

nfFYp.jpg

Bear in mind that the weapons change slightly to fit those carrying it (dat Forerunner tech). I suspect they look a little differen when Knights carry them than when a Spartan does - that's why the weapons reconfigure themselves when you pick them up. The detailing lines up closely but with some small differences.

While I've been known to drink both Mike's and those flavored Smirnoffs - there's no way in HELL that Bud Light will EVER pass my lips.
Anything "light" is off limits when it comes to alcohol. Miller Light actually gives me heartburn, which is the only beer I've ever had that's done that to me.

Good man, seriously though who drinks that shit?
Children who don't know any better.

Bear in mind that the weapons change slightly to fit those carrying it (dat Forerunner tech). I suspect they look a little differen when Knights carry them than when a Spartan does. The detailing lines up closely but with some small differences.

Well the first 3 pics are all of Knights carrying them, and I would say they are all different. I can't find a pic of the scattershot being carried but if i had to guess is those 4 pics are all different weapons.

Well the first 3 pics are all of Knights carrying them, and I would say they are all different. I can't find a pic of the scattershot being carried but if i had to guess is those 4 pics are all different weapons.

here you go. it doesn't look any different than the human held one, just attached to its arm with the glowing triangle. (which isn't surprising since 343 wouldn't make two models of the same weapon.)

Thanks to you and THC keeping up with news on twitter has been so much easier. So cheers for that!
Ditto; just started following THC and it's been a great way to keep up with stuff while I'm at work (and not able to view any videos except on my phone).

Dani's done a wonderful job too, just not able to follow along as much while I'm away from home.

FyreWulff

ERAQt.jpg

This looks an awful lot like a light rifle.
Don't know about the other supposedly new weapon.

It does look kind of beamrifle-ish. Complete with the small scope at the top rear.

Speaking of beer, I did some more practice driving on the highway yesterday. The engineers must have been drunk when they planned it, as I discovered that there's a spot where I had to merge almost all the way to the left of the 4-lane highway to go right.. if I had stayed in the rightmost lane, I would have continued going forward. Whoever made these things made sure they were unintuitive as possible.

Ok cool, this will help show it better.

The following weapons are all being held by Prometheans.

Lightrifle

nc6zk.jpg

Scattershot

6pPgE.png

Mystery Gun 1

QRVxO.jpg

Mystery Gun 2

ERAQt.jpg

Mystery Gun 3

uSJon.png

Tawpgun

Interoosting.

What I want to know is if we're going to see more variants of the forerunner baddies. Not sure if Hunters will be making a return, so we're still missing the mini-boss esque enemies.

Also, I hope we see the return of Sentinels and more sentinel variants. I want to fight the Enforcers again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom