• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, I haven't seen this one before. Maybe a Forerunner grenade launcher?

Yeah, I dunno. Something heavy for sure.

Which pic is this gun in?

Its actually from the SP reveal, right at the end during the ambush with all the enemies. The Promethean that jumps down and ends the demo is carrying it. I didn't notice it until just now while looking for a good pic of a Promethean carrying a Scattershot.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
All those Forerunner weapons look wayyyyy too similar.

lol @ Suddoth2

Didn't someone mention about picking up a third type of grenade (forerunner I think)? it'd be cool if your body disintegrated like with the other forerunner weapons.

TheOddOne

Main antagonist of the game. Villains always have ridiculous hair.
This man gets it.

I have developed a crush on:
i4iC4iPZVbglV.jpeg
Hawt.

that sniper thing is cool. it will probably be awesome to get a headshot with. get a headshot, enemy spartan immediately desintegrates.

Didn't someone mention about picking up a third type of grenade (forerunner I think)? it'd be cool if your body disintegrated like with the other forerunner weapons.

oooh, disintegration grenade.

FyreWulff

Also, random thought: I hope they're keeping an eye on the boost/thruster AA, the one that fires you forward at a high rate of speed. More importantly, make sure it can't be used to bump teammates through geometry like you can with AL or vehicles like you could in Halo 2, 3, and Reach.

Hopefully if you contact another player while using it you just stop, instead of pushing them.

Didn't know androgyny was your thing.

You really can't tell if someone is male or female if they're bald? :/

someone posted this on our forums

I3WtU.png

Typical Canadian pre-party preparation.

Actually, I think he is right.

look:

New Gun 1

QRVxO.jpg

New Gun 2
ERAQt.jpg

Definitely different guns than the lightrifle or scattershot

While that level may have been shown at e3, it doesn't mean those enemies with the different guns made an appearance. If I had to guess the first one is wither a heavy gun or an automatic weapon while the second one likely is a sniper.

Man, Halo 4 looks amazing

heckfu

Banned
Corona is best alcohol

I hope brutes and hunters make a comeback

Fml the suds are such a joke

Corona, are you serious? You live in a country with INCREDIBLE beer and you're going to drink flavored water from Mexico?

You're going to be the second person I've added to my ignore list today.

Corona, are you serious? You live in a country with INCREDIBLE beer and you're going to drink flavored water from Mexico?

You're going to be the second person I've added to my ignore list today.

Stella would be my primary choice for a pint but I choose corona when drinking socially as its light

Fuchsdh

All the hipsters in my cities drink Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I don't really like beer, but even I understand that association with PBR is akin to social suicide.

AusQB

Interoosting.

What I want to know is if we're going to see more variants of the forerunner baddies. Not sure if Hunters will be making a return, so we're still missing the mini-boss esque enemies.

Also, I hope we see the return of Sentinels and more sentinel variants. I want to fight the Enforcers again.

I'm a little confused as to the current state of the Covenant on Requiem. After the Great Schism, the Hunters and Grunts were split between both factions, but the Jackals stayed with the Loyalists. Now in Halo 4, we see Jackals fighting alongside Elites. Had news of the revolt not reached these isolated regiments?

Regardless, I'm sure we'll see some Hunters, hopefully in more than two total encounters. I'm also pretty confident that there will be one or two more Promethean or Sentinel variants.

I kinda hope the Covies are more than just badies to kill, I hope they may try to open dialogue with the humans. Obviously they are likely the highly religious branch of Elites, so that may not happen, but I hope we would at least see some of the species allied with humanity as well. Would be interesting fighting alongside Jackals, etc.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm a little confused as to the current state of the Covenant on Requiem. After the Great Schism, the Hunters and Grunts were split between both factions, but the Jackals stayed with the Loyalists. Now in Halo 4, we see Jackals fighting alongside Elites. Had news of the revolt not reached these isolated regiments?

Regardless, I'm sure we'll see some Hunters, hopefully in more than two total encounters. I'm also pretty confident that there will be one or two more Promethean or Sentinel variants.

I was curious as to this as well. Has news of the end of the war not reached the Covenant on Requiem? You'd have to think they had contact with High Charity or something during the past year.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Go read Glasslands. The Covenant is in ruin. The War Machine has stopped. The various economies have evaporated. The Engineers and Prophets have disappeared. The Brutes (the one not currently farming) have gone rogue and alone. The Yig-Kar are back to pirating and trading. The Grunts are probably breeding themselves to death.

Some of the Halo 4 site's descriptions have also spoiled some of the story of the next book, The Thursday War, with the Elites in open war against each other.

Whatever happened between those fights, the Covies we see in Halo 4 seem unified and not very happy to see Humans.

Replaying Halo CE. Well, Anniversary. First Halo is Best Halo.

If only the cutscenes wouldn't look so janky in the new graphics.

jackals and grunts have always been pretty weak. so id imagine they'd go with whatever stronger race is around. I'd imagine that in 4 years the brutes have probably been mostly wiped out by the elites. i don't think the elites would leave them alive after what happened. (plus leaving any alive would put sanghielios at risk of attack by brutes.)

also, apparently this is a group of covenant that still believe the forerunners are their gods. (i think ign article said this)

havn't read glasslands by the way...

daedalius

Go read Glasslands. The Covenant is in ruin. The War Machine has stopped. The various economies have evaporated. The Engineers and Prophets have disappeared. The Brutes (the one not currently farming) have gone rogue and alone. The Yig-Kar are back to pirating and trading. The Grunts are probably breeding themselves to death.

Some of the Halo 4 site's descriptions have also spoiled some of the story of the next book, The Thursday War, with the Elites in open war against each other.

Whatever happened between those fights, the Covies we see in Halo 4 seem unified and not very happy to see Humans.

Doesn't it also say that it is the sect that sees the Forerunners as gods that MC is fighting with? it may only be the Elites we are fighting against that feel that way, but they could keep their Jackal and Grunt peons in line by brute force after all.

Maybe arby will show up later and join up against the rogue Elite faction, not to mention to try and stop the Didact.

Anybody want to do co-op legendary for Halo 3 or ODST? When I changed my accounts I lost my legendary achievements. :( GT is same as Gaf name.

Woorloog

Banned
Anybody want to do co-op legendary for Halo 3 or ODST? When I changed my accounts I lost my legendary achievements. :( GT is same as Gaf name.

Depends, where are you?
US-Euro connection is probably so weak it's not really worth it, if you're in the US/NA.
Not today though, regardless.

EDIT eh, left the obvious unwritten for some reason, would love to play those cooperatively on legedary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom