• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still wondering who these blue Prometheans are, the orange ones are obviously under the Didacts influence and like I said in the last thread these ones might be under the control of the Librarian or maybe the now Rampant Cortana has something to do with it?
jV9wfg49pNy2j.png

They also look more Covenant or arctic-based, so they could just vary depending on climate.

AusQB

Highly unlikely, but has there been any talk or rumours about any changes to Theater mode (assuming it's still in)?

Highly unlikely, but has there been any talk or rumours about any changes to Theater mode (assuming it's still in)?

haven't heard any mention of it. i'm not sure its confirmed to be in.

but anyway, all it needs is to allow more people to view a video at a time, and direct youtube upload like COD has. (dont kill me)

Overdoziz

Banned
Yeah, like completely different.

KutaW.png

MSTzO.png

Forerunner dog.
Hmm, the first picture shows the mouth area from a different angle which looks more similar to that of the Crawler. And and I guess the back area can just raise up a bit and in the Crawler render it shows them down. They're probably the same, wouldn't make sense to have 2 different kinds of robodogs. Maybe just two variations similar to those of the Grunts.

Hmm, the first picture shows the mouth area from a different angle which looks more similar to that of the Crawler. And and I guess the back area can just raise up a bit and in the Crawler render it shows them down. They're probably the same, wouldn't make sense to have 2 different kinds of robodogs. Maybe just two variations similar to those of the Grunts.

I still can't figure out what those ears are, and in motion it looks like a dog the entire time. Plus there is a crawler in the shot which doesn't really look close to the same. They are likely variations, but I wonder if this is supposed to look like a dog. =P

they are free for guests in the hotels to keep

Ah, haha that makes sense. I kinda found it more amusing imagining a guy stealing it from the restroom. :lol

might as well post this again. posted in gaming side.

both these knights are holding unrevealed weapons. bottom is not a lightrifle if you look closely, and the second looks like some sort of sniper like weapon.

Overdoziz

Banned
might as well post this again.

both these knights are holding unrevealed weapons. bottom is not a lightrifle if you look closely, and the second looks like some sort of sniper like weapon.
Forerunner weapons adjust themselves to the holder.

Edit: Can't get over the fact that the Knights look really awesome.

AusQB

haven't heard any mention of it. i'm not sure its confirmed to be in.

but anyway, all it needs is to allow more people to view a video at a time, and direct youtube upload like COD has. (dont kill me)

I would kill for camera controls akin to Forza, which would allow you to manually adjust various settings like tilt, zoom, focus, aperture, shutter speed, brightness, contrast and colour. It's so frustrating when all you can do is fly around and zoom in.

Falagard

Forerunner weapons adjust themselves to the holder.

Edit: Can't get over the fact that the Knights look really awesome.

Yup. So someone said the Knights as described in the books are much taller 12 feet or so?

And through various interviews with 343, they've mentioned the prometheans we're seeing are not true prometheans or are not the same as they once were.

So, I think that these are resurrected or cloned forerunners, all gimpy because of the process, and possibly kept alive through cybernetics and their armor. We've seen the small organic looking arms coming out of the Promethean Knights.

Thoughts?

See my edit.

Actually, I think he is right.

look:

New Gun 1

QRVxO.jpg

New Gun 2
ERAQt.jpg

Definitely different guns than the lightrifle or scattershot

While that level may have been shown at e3, it doesn't mean those enemies with the different guns made an appearance. If I had to guess the first one is wither a heavy gun or an automatic weapon while the second one likely is a sniper.

Wanted to tack on something to my clan theory in the last thread... clan emblems next to your team's score on the UI during gameplay. :) Not only that in the kill log "Fury has taken the lead" or something along those lines shows up in addition to both your clan name and emblem showing up when you start the game. Then again why would you be told that you are playing on your clan's team? Maybe instead of clans there are "factions" on the infinity that you could tie yourself too? With the game telling you what team you are playing for maybe you can not tie yourself to a faction and just do random matchmaking searches and join any faction game to help out. A ship wide faction contest with seasons... like Hogwarts and the different houses going for points perhaps?

As for the Fury/Demon team names... with the fact that it says you are on "Red" then it says the team name I kinda wanna believe that a clan system is making a return. If I was on a large ship like the infinity for training simulations I'm sure many soldiers would start up groups and compete with each other... it is the military way. ;)

Not only that if 343i knew about Microsoft's new online tournament system, clans would work hand-in-hand with setup tournaments. And Fury/Demon seems like placeholder names for something that we could make up ourselves anyway... with a way to report clan names of course and control what they are. Also "Microsoft promises 'top titles from leading publishers' will feature" leads me to believe that 343i is more than just aware of this and will be one of the upcoming games to plan for it and accommodate it nicely within their game's UI for info or signing up, etc.

Louis Wu

might as well post this again. posted in gaming side.

Nah - I think they're the same. (Both of the Promethean Knights there are the ones we faced in the Spartan Ops mission they've been showing - I played it twice, watched it a couple more times, every time they had the same guns.) Must just be the angle.

Why is so much screen space wasted on player character models and instead of highlighting the map, mode and a few of it's settings? That is terrible.

Yeah, I've thought most of the UI screens we've seen look pretty good, but this custom game one is terrible. Highlighting the wrong thing.

Because they want to release games that will actually sell.

You shut your mouth!

I will not even consider that console until there is a Metroid made by Retro.

Halo |OT6| Club Errera's Restrooms Are Dark And Full Of Terrors

LOL

someone posted this on our forums

I3WtU.png

hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom