• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Speaking of controllers, did you give up on the MLG one completely?

What? I love that thing to pieces.

It's rarely a problem for me either but one accidental assassination is one too many. It's like hitting the flag pole while trying to shoot other people. It rarely happens but when it does it's incredibly annoying.

I've had my grenades shot in mid air and my bullets hit flag poles more than I've accidentally assassinated someone. Also, assassinations are awesome.

senador

Banned
I haven't played tons of Reach coop but the several hundreds of Firefight and campaign games I've played have had not to minimal lag, only a small amount have had game stopping lag. I don't doubt that others have had issues but haven't. Maybe thr netcode is fine, the game just isn't great at choosing host?

It's rarely a problem for me either but one accidental assassination is one too many. It's like hitting the flag pole while trying to shoot other people. It rarely happens but when it does it's incredibly annoying.

If one is too many, then your tolerance level is too low and you'll never be pleased.

I've had my grenades shot in mid air and my bullets hit flag poles more than I've accidentally assassinated someone. Also, assassinations are awesome.

I don't recall a single instance of either of these things happening to me. Not saying they didn't, but I've never notice or been annoyed by it if they have.

Blinding

My man.

On a serious note, three controllers? That's ridiculous.

Although, I'm due for a change in controllers as well.

Yup. First was my white wired MS controller that I had two years prior, the right thumbstick removed itself from the actual mechanical part attached to the motherboard, and then the other two were Onza's (which, for a Razer product has TERRIBLE build quality.) Now I'm stuck with my busted black wired MS controller since I don't have enough monies to go get a new one.

Nonetheless, it's still annoying when you think you're going to get an easy backsmack and end up doing this drawn out animation that allows him to tell his team "hey, this guy over here is shoving his knife into my eye socket, just thought you should know."

Woorloog

Banned

Reminds me of BF3:
I have perfectly line up shot on an enemy tank with a tank on Karkand. I pull the trigger, BOOM! and the palm in front of me blew up. I don't get how that was possible.

The time required to trigger assassination should be simply slightly longer, so that there is no doubt what the player is trying to do, melee or assassinate.
If it were up to me, i'd remove instant backsmacks though (so, assassinate that person or you need to multi-melee him). Just to change things.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I would be cool with that, but I'm trying to think of any reasons they wouldn't do that. I can't think of any, but I also can't see them doing it for some reason.

To be honest, if they add it, it will show they actually have been listening.

We've been asking for this since a few weeks/months out from Reach's launch.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Was thinking about gaining points for actually doing objectives, as we've seen that is in Halo 4 now. I was wondering how they will measure these.

Would it be possible in a CTF game to calculate the distance the flag carrier is from the capture zone, and give him/her more points the more distance toward the capture that they covered? So you'd actually get points for progressing the flag?

Assassinations are something I'd turn on when I go into matchmaking and get matched up against a group that makes me think, "Yes, I would like to embarrass you."

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So you can shoot now when you have flag? and throw the Oddball? Why do they have to change dumb shit like that? Its been with us for all the Halos. Take the removal of flag juggling for instance. Noone wanted that but they gave it to us. Bunch of playlists stopped using it cause its stupid.

Are they trying to revamp objective so more people play it? People don't want to play objective. People are too dumb to play objective. They are just going to go into the first slayer playlist forever.

Shooting with the flag has always been an option you can turn on and off isn't it?

If it wasn't, it should've been. A lot of other FPS' let you have that option.

And if they put a gravity slider on the oddball then awesome! if not then you were always able to chuck it a fair distance...

MORE OPTIONS WAHH

Overdoziz

Banned
I would be cool with that, but I'm trying to think of any reasons they wouldn't do that. I can't think of any, but I also can't see them doing it for some reason.
My playstyle involves getting quick beat downs from the back instead of 3-second long assassinations. 343 is really trying to push the fact that you can change your spartan to fit your playstyle so I they might as well add a toggle.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I haven't played tons of Reach coop but the several hundreds of Firefight and campaign games I've played have had not to minimal lag, only a small amount have had game stopping lag. I don't doubt that others have had issues but haven't. Maybe thr netcode is fine, the game just isn't great at choosing host?

If one is too many, then your tolerance level is too low and you'll never be pleased.

I don't recall a single instance of either of these things happening to me. Not saying they didn't, but I've never notice or been annoyed by it if they have.

You are a lucky man. Shit's gonna give me grey hairs lol. Happened to me last night on Sanc CTF.

I'd like to hear that answer, too. My Reach controller is starting to go south, and I need to start thinking about a good replacement.

So, no issues with it at all?

Issues? Nope

The only issue I have is that I haven't yet customized it with colored faceplates and shit. It's been great, I love it.

Blinding

Interested to hear why they are going Yellow vs. Green for objective, and Red vs. Blue for Slayer...

Perhaps Teams Fury and Demon are really squads, and in objective gametypes you play on different squads with some sort of explanation in the lore? Or maybe they just wanted to change things a bit by showing off different team colors, I dunno.

heckfu

Banned
My playstyle involves getting quick beat downs from the back instead of 3-second long assassinations. 343 is really trying to push the fact that you can change your spartan to fit your playstyle so I they might as well add a toggle.

That's the best way you have verbalized your point yet.

Blueblur1

It was 30 seconds of footage quickly put together by David and Kevin before flying down to Comic Con. I really wouldn't assume that objective team colors have changed asked on that footage, guys.

It was 30 seconds of footage quickly put together by David and Kevin before flying down to Comic Con. I really wouldn't assume that objective team colors have changed asked on that footage, guys.

Not the first time the Green/Yellow has turned up. Let me find one of those images from pre-E3...

Edit:
J1ar

Louis Wu

EXTRA SPOILER TAGS ADDED BY ME
Except we already know he is "a leader." He's commander of the infinity under Del Rio.

I mean it's possible, just this new series of events leads me to believe that Laskey is the one who dies, or is one of the casualties.
Okay, come on. Someone's already asked you to stop posting this speculation here. You're not adding anything to your original point - you're simply REPEATING your original point over and over, and for people doing their best to avoid campaign spoilers, every repost increases the chance they see something they don't want to see.

Spoiler-tag ALL of it, or stop repeating yourself. We get it - you have a theory, and you want to be able to find the posts that outlined this theory when November rolls around, so you can post your Colbert 'CALLED IT' gif. Thumbs up for you. Can we drop it for a while, now?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
EXTRA SPOILER TAGS ADDED BY ME

Okay, come on. Someone's already asked you to stop posting this speculation here. You're not adding anything to your original point - you're simply REPEATING your original point over and over, and for people doing their best to avoid campaign spoilers, every repost increases the chance they see something they don't want to see.

Spoiler-tag ALL of it, or stop repeating yourself. We get it - you have a theory, and you want to be able to find the posts that outlined this theory when November rolls around, so you can post your Colbert 'CALLED IT' gif. Thumbs up for you. Can we drop it for a while, now?

Huh? No one asked me that, they were asking the other person interacting to add spoilers because they didn't tag at all. I tagged anything that might be considered a spoiler in my post.

Also, I was having a conversation with people also talking about the speculation, I'm not merely repeating myself for no reason. It's not like I'm trying to shit on anyone's parade Wu!

Also, I hate those people who come back and "vindicate" their prediction, that's not what I'm doing at all. I'm simply talking about what happened in the panel, and what it may mean. There's no bad intent here bud.

Risen

Let's be real here... you don't have a play style. Unless being bad is considered a style. 0.0

Good morning to you sir. (or evening lol)

Louis Wu

Huh? No one asked me that, they were asking the other person interacting to add spoilers because they didn't tag at all. I tagged anything that might be considered a spoiler in my post.

Also, I was having a conversation with people also talking about the speculation, I'm not merely repeating myself for no reason. It's not like I'm trying to shit on anyone's parade Wu!
Oops, you're right, MrBig was replying to NobleGundam (who was commenting on your post). My mistake came because you responded a couple of posts later.

Bottom line, though, this is a pretty bad thread to be holding a campaign spoilers discussion in; it's the default, go-to thread for ALL Halo discussion, and is read by a lot of people who don't WANT to read campaign spoilers. I just think it'd be polite to consider either starting a different thread for campaign spoilers (probably too early for that), or spoiler-tagging THE ENTIRE content, not just half a sentence here or there. (Looking at the post I replied to, it's pretty damned easy to figure out what's been blacked out from what you left.)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oops, you're right, MrBig was replying to NobleGundam (who was commenting on your post). My mistake came because you responded a couple of posts later.

Bottom line, though, this is a pretty bad thread to be holding a campaign spoilers discussion in; it's the default, go-to thread for ALL Halo discussion, and is read by a lot of people who don't WANT to read campaign spoilers. I just think it'd be polite to consider either starting a different thread for campaign spoilers (probably too early for that), or spoiler-tagging THE ENTIRE content, not just half a sentence here or there. (Looking at the post I replied to, it's pretty damned easy to figure out what's been blacked out from what you left.)

Alright bud, I'll quit discussing it then. I don't wanna ruin anyone's day, that was never the intent. My concern with tagging the whole thing was someone may highlight not knowing what it was referencing, but I also see your point.

After E3, HaloGAF made the assumption of the "Blue" colored Promethean A.I.s. to be controlled by someone or something else, a different faction (Maybe Librarian) if I remembered correctly.

It could be that or color is simply purposed for camouflage.
Someone quoted in Cryptum or Primordium of 3 different colored A.I.s description Red/Orange, Blue, and Green.

Would be sort of interesting to see if Cortana may later have an ability to control them. But most likely not possible.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
After E3, HaloGAF made the assumption of the "Blue" colored Promethean A.I.s. to be controlled by someone or something else, a different faction (Maybe Librarian) if I remembered correctly.

It could be that or color is simply purposed for camouflage.
Someone quoted in Cryptum or Primordium of 3 different colored A.I.s description Red/Orange, Blue, and Green.

Would be sort of interesting to see if Cortana may later have an ability to control them. But most likely not possible.

If they're digging into story from the books, Cortana was designed for infiltration into Covenant systems. After being in a Halo it's not that far-fetched.

There's awful lag in 3, ODST, Reach, and CEA. Where's this idea that Reach is the only one that has it?
There's was pretty bad lag in Halo 2 on the multiplayer side, but overall the network coding has been improved with each subsequent Halo release (except maybe Anniversary). I expect the trend to continue with Halo 4.
The problem comes from that fact that when you're in the heat of battle you tend to clench a bit, so although you don't want to, you end up doing it by accident.
This.

Homeboyd

The blue promethians are a result of the new AA "Halo" that you can place on an enemy's head that will take over his mind and cause him to change allies; i.e. fight on your side against other promethians. They turn from red/orange to blue once the transformation happens. They'll fight on your side until death at which point your "Halo" AA is returned to you.

No, this isn't a real thing.

Risen

He may be right for some of the assassinations, but there's no doubt there are times when I tap and it animates. It happens to me fairly frequently. No "heat of the moment" events... just tap and boom, I'm locked into an animation I did not want.

The blue promethians are a result of the new AA "Halo" that you can place on an enemy's head that will take over his mind and cause him to change allies; i.e. fight on your side against other promethians. They turn from red/orange to blue once the transformation happens. They'll fight on your side until death at which point your "Halo" AA is returned to you.

No, this isn't a real thing.
For a good troll, anyone wants to post that on Waypoint?
JK

He may be right for some of the assassinations, but there's no doubt there are times when I tap and it animates. It happens to me fairly frequently. No "heat of the moment" events... just tap and boom, I'm locked into an animation I did not want.

Oh, it happens to me sometimes when I tap it too, in addition what Tawpgun said. I forgot to put in bold what I was agreeing with. Will edit. :/

Fuchsdh

Ok I have a bog-standard Comcast sub and I've never faced the lag you guys talked about in any of the Halo games. Doing Endure was tricky because every once in a while someone DCs and stops the entire game, but doing it with British and EU chaps for the score achievements resulted in no problems.

Reach I have maybe 1 noticeably laggy game out of 5 games, and only a small percentage of them are unplayable. Campaign usually results in the lagged dropping five minutes in; I'd say the chance of a laggy game is slightly higher than FF for me but not by much ( I don't play it as often because bad players are more dangerous.)

CEA is usually find except again ODST-like sudden drops on occasion. Haven't played since the beginning of the year though so not sure if that changed.

I think you guys are blaming Bungie for stuff outside of their control. If someone's router is by their metal fridge and their NAT is closed, there's nothing they can do. Most people are idiots when it comes to networks.

Either way, your network woes are not necessarily the norm any more than my experienced are; it's entirely subjective,

Tawpgun

So, its gonna cost me close to $200 bucks in order to play Halo 4.

$100 for the LE (gonna buy the map packs anyway, might as well get the LE)
and
$100 for a 60 gig hard drive with a transfer cable

Fucking great.

Akai__

Wow, the amount of trash talk in MLG is amazing. 1st I got yoinked (I hope it's not even possible anymore in Halo 4), then 2 times betrayed and then they are talking trash, why I'm -1... Are you fucking kidding me? The guy even was -3 and he thinks he can talk shit about my kd?

How stupid are people these days?

Risen

Wow, the amount of trash talk in MLG is amazing. 1st I got yoinked (I hope it's not even possible anymore in Halo 4), then 2 times betrayed and then they are talking trash, why I'm -1... Are you fucking kidding me? The guy even was -3 and he thinks he can talk shit about my kd?

How stupid are people these days?

1st... If I ever get in a game with you, know this, if you animate... I'm yoinkin' that shit.

2nd... are you new to the internet?

Louis Wu

1st I got yoinked (I hope it's not even possible anymore in Halo 4)
Seriously, what's the big deal with yoinks? I mean, we used to have someone post here who was proud of the fact that he betrayed teammates who yoinked kills from him... so fucking what?

YOUR TEAM STILL WINS. What difference does it make if you don't get the kill? Does it happen to you multiple times a game? (If it does, I guess that's a problem... but I think for most of us, we're talking a couple of percent of total kills, if that. So what?)

This is a serious question. I simply cannot understand why it makes people so angry.

Falifax

Well here we go

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
No. I am a member for at least a year. Yes, you read that right. The e-mail I used was canceled when my ISP got bought by another company so there was no way to confirm my account till today.

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
Czech Republic. I am 19 years old.

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
I was about 11 years old when I got hands on Halo: CE

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
For at least 2 and a half years.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
No Halo: CE? Shucks. Well there is at least Halo 3 and level The Ark with Covenant.
Multiplayer it is Headlong and Construct.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
I was kind of late to the party with Halo 3 so I'm only at level 20 on Team Slayer but recently I started working on leveling in Lone Wolves and it's quite easy there.

AR or BR?
BR.

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Halo: CE: Chill Out
Halo 2: Headlong
Halo 3: Construct

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Countdown

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competitive Multiplayer

Games completed on solo Legendary.
Halo CE (the OG version but also completed the anniversary edition)
Halo 2 Vista
Halo: Reach

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Not any of them.

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
As stated above The Ark and Covenant

Favorite Reach playlists.
Right now it's every Anniversary playlist.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Depends on the size of 343i servers.

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Burn it.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Well the idea behind it was good but but in practice it doesn't work. I end up picking sprint.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Well maybe because it followed my whole childhood and got so many great memories from it.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax).
Well every Halogaffer is awesome.
Plywood
There is no least favorite Halogaffer.

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it.
At the beginning of September I am attending English class for a year and hopefully get a job in Canada where my aunt lives and maybe meet some gaffers personally. When it comes to hobbies it's cycling.

Well hopefully I introduced myself well and you will accept me. Also when I was still lurking I was watching this wave of juniors and I promise that I will try not to respond on every post and will try to write meaningful stuff.

P.S. Don't judge me because of my username I don't know what I was thinking when I was registering on this forum.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom