• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
iCWuCqUjJdmZ3.jpg

hmm...

Oh shit I think this is the "classic movement" guy

Yes.

Fuchsdh

I know you're talking about how they look aesthetically, but the bulk of a Watcher on their back may well be for gameplay purposes so you can see from a distance if a Knight has a Watcher with him. As you say, it changes their silhouette substantially and this may be intentional.

So far as I'm aware we don't yet know what the deal with the blue Prometheans is, but I think it's fair to assume they're friendly given the colour systems previous Halos have used to denote friends and foes.

Well red is usually bad/evil, while in Halo blue has been normal operation and red is rampant/abnormal.

While I really enjoyed ODST's Firefight, it was doomed as a gametype to try and fit into matchmaking. The lengthy session survival aspect of it just couldn't translate, and it shows in Reach. Seems like having a campaign-like snippet level is an ideal replacement. At least this mode won't be a wasteland of people jetpacking while raining down shots of infinite ammo FRC.

Though what was the deal at 4:17 in the video? When he meleed that grunt it froze the game for a moment.

daedalius

Ok, can we stop with the new player questionnaire?

I'm just scrolling past them at this point.

I'd rather new people be defined by their posting abilities and discussion rather than a bunch of goofy questions (that sometimes have absolutely ridiculous responses as Kyle pointed out about...)

I wish juniors would stop digging up the old survey. We shortened it for a reason.

-------
Chad hasn't worked at 343 for some months. But Kyle still needs a name to pin on someone not making the precise thing he likes, so he can post enthralling inflammatory posts, because they are the only things that spark discussion (which finally explains those little kids in high school who would sit in puddles or act out in the cafeteria) so I have invented a fake playlist manager named 'Marcel.'

Marcel likes plasma weapons exclusively and his favorite historical game type is 1:1 CTF on Blood Gulch with 50% speed and full invis for both 'teams'

Marcel L'Adapteur.

Chad isn't at 343 anymore? Not to be nosy, but did he switch back to Certain Affinity or move onto somewhere else? I really enjoyed chatting with him at HaloFest.

I look forward to inappropriate photoshops of Marcel.

You should invent 2. One to take credit for the popular contributions, and the other to take credit for the unpopular ones.
Why invent someone to take credit for popular contributions when you can just take credit yourself?

Chad hasn't worked at 343 for some months. But Kyle still needs a name to pin on someone not making the precise thing he likes, so he can post enthralling inflammatory posts, because they are the only things that spark discussion (which finally explains those little kids in high school who would sit in puddles or act out in the cafeteria) so I have invented a fake playlist manager named 'Marcel.'

Marcel likes plasma weapons exclusively and his favorite historical game type is 1:1 CTF on Blood Gulch with 50% speed and full invis for both 'teams'

Marcel L'Adapteur.
You should invent 2. One to take credit for the popular contributions, and the other to take credit for the unpopular ones.

Ex:
Q: "What happened to Squad Slayer?"
A: "Marcel nixed it, in spite of [good guy]'s protests."

I have a hot prego GF that is 9 years younger then me witch is awesome
You say she is awesome yet you call her a witch.

Homeboyd

Did GAF advertisement subscribers negotiate new arrangements that required a billion new members here? Hot damn there's a lot of new guys around here, and they're waiting only days to get approved to boot.

Havok

I think I'm completely sold on Spartan Ops at this point. I really wish 343 would be more liberal about providing direct feed for long form video like this mission, there's so many cool details that are lost in fast cut montage style videos like they usually release. Seeing the crawlers jetpack up to the higher level was neat, I like that they have an enemy that can fulfill the agility role that the skirmishers took over from drones but seemingly without the huge issues both of those enemy classes had before. Multiplayer is something I need time and hands-on to get a feel for, but this Spartan Ops stuff they've been showing comes across remarkably well in video.

It's the skull face design and the onion back pack specifically that make them look goofy to me. One thing I've always loved about the design of the covenant is that they weren't these overt evil beings, and rather very neutral looking aliens in cool armour. Look at the Elites without armour, the prophets with their gangly necks, the big blobby engineers strapped with explosives.

These Knights don't strike me as sophisticated enemy design in the same way. It's just 'evil skull face' connotes big baddy. And the backpack looks like a cape which is equally as obvious.

Might start calling them onions.
I wonder if they keep their fingertips in little bags around their necks (or whatever passes for a neck).

I am very curious about what happened to Shiska, I hate to say it but im glad he's not touching the Halo 4 achievments, those CEA Cheevos where horrible lol.

Marcel is in for a world of pain come Nov 6th lol, hope your paying him enough.

I think I'm completely sold on Spartan Ops at this point. I really wish 343 would be more liberal about providing direct feed for long form video like this mission, there's so many cool details that are lost in fast cut montage style videos like they usually release. Seeing the crawlers jetpack up to the higher level was neat, I like that they have an enemy that can fulfill the agility role that the skirmishers took over from drones but seemingly without the huge issues both of those enemy classes had before. Multiplayer is something I need time and hands-on to get a feel for, but this Spartan Ops stuff they've been showing comes across remarkably well in video.

I hope 343 is planning a "direct-feed" day in which we get a bunch of direct-feed footage straight from them. A full match of CTF on Longbow and a full Spartan Ops mission.

That would be a good day.

I am very curious about what happened to Shiska, I hate to say it but im glad he's not touching the Halo 4 achievments, those CEA Cheevos where horrible lol.

Wait... what? The Anniversary achievements were neat. What was your problem? Too hard?

L1NETT

I hope 343 is planning a "direct-feed" day in which we get a bunch of direct-feed footage straight from them. A full match of CTF on Longbow and a full Spartan Ops mission.

Would be a glorious day for Plywood's gifs.

They should just post the direct feed 343 vs. HBO/GAF, or at the very least provide gameplay showcasing people better than I am. The clips that were shown for Reach were very painful to watch, and this comes from a generally poor player.

Havok

Agreed. With multiplayer, I really liked how they handled the MLG E3 matches. No cuts, nobody on a board switching perspectives and missing things, just pure gameplay.

Wait... what? The Anniversary achievements were neat. What was your problem? Too hard?
I just assumed he was talking about the Anny multiplayer achievements, which were really bad.

Akai__

Was he in charge for the CEA achievments? And is Shishka still working for Bungie? I had good chats with him back in the Halo 3 days.

---

And to answer Tashi's question. I have a lot of favourites here and you are one of those. I don't dislike any of you guys and I don't want to rank you guys. It would cause a war inside the glory halls of HaloGAF.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Silly new guy.

The laws of plot demand a Pelican be downed whenever it is necessary to resupply the player :) Armor won't make a bit of difference.

Even we joke that Pelicans can't stay in the air for more than ten minutes. What military industrial complex would make such a thing? Then we look at the Black Hawk helicopter success rate and think, no, wait, this is basically a documentary.

Risen

Why is that?

I'm starting to question your mental faculties. What I know about you so far:

You spend a ton of time in custom games with Overdoziz
You do not know the difference between Countdown and Zealot
Your favorite GAF-fer is Juices
You have no GAF troll meter

(shakes head and walks away)

I am disappoint son

Well the online achievments are ridiculous, it's not only that they are hard (which they are), but they require very specific situations on very specific game types which rarely show up in matchmaking. It doesn't take a genius to see that those type of achievments just led to circle boosting in Halo 3, why repeat the same mistakes?

The campaign achievments also seemed pretty dull to me, there where like 3 associated with the Library which is hardly anyone's favourite level. Seemed like a pretty lost opportunity to highlight some of the cool stuff that game has hidden away tbh

Even we joke that Pelicans can't stay in the air for more than ten minutes. What military industrial complex would make such a thing? Then we look at the Black Hawk helicopter success rate and think, no, wait, this is basically a documentary.

Why has the new pelican two side-mounted turrets? Is it drivable? Pelican rail segment?

Well the online achievments are ridiculous, it's not only that they are hard (which they are), but the require very specific situations on very specific game types which rarely show up in matchmaking. It doesn't take a genius to sere that those type of achievments just led to circle boosting in Halo 3, why repeat the same mistakes?

The campaign achievments also seemed pretty dull to me, there where like 3 associated with the Library which is hardly anyone's favourite level. Seemed like a pretty lost opportunity to highlight some of the cool stuff that game has hidden away tbh
I hope that they find their stats to show stupid multiplayer achievements to be objectively overboosted and just get rid of them altogether. One of the things that COD does right IMO.

NEVER!

Well the online achievments are ridiculous, it's not only that they are hard (which they are), but they require very specific situations on very specific game types which rarely show up in matchmaking. It doesn't take a genius to sere that those type of achievments just led to circle boosting in Halo 3, why repeat the same mistakes?

Didn't mind the SP ones, disapointed they didn't really create more interesting ones based on the engines quirks.

Agreed on the MP ones, although, I think they could have translated better if they were challenges in reach.

Hope to see some variety in 4.

Fuchsdh

At least the Pelicans haven't reached Star Trek shuttlecraft levels of fail.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Was he in charge for the CEA achievments? And is Shishka still working for Bungie? I had good chats with him back in the Halo 3 days.

---

And to answer Tashi's question. I have a lot of favourites here and you are one of those. I don't dislike any of you guys and I don't want to rank you guys. It would cause a war inside the glory halls of HaloGAF.

We want war!

Louis Wu

I'm really hoping you're locked out of PP starts if you try to pair it with a headshotting weapon.

If not, this could pose a problem.
In every playable situation I've been in (or watched videos from), it's a possibility for a loadout. Sorry. :(
Trending

I wonder if they keep their fingertips in little bags around their necks (or whatever passes for a neck).
What you did there, I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom