• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcel is in for a world of pain come Nov 6th lol, hope your paying him enough.
ukQg6.jpg

Karl2177

Can you sell me a boat?

Way off topic, but me and Myyke have been emailing this guy all morning, he's selling his boat, and we're being stupid, but the guy is totally ace.

Mine is here.

Myyke's is here.
Oh my god, this is golden. Also, shadow I'm gonna send a pm when I get home. If you could post in the tourney thread your available times from now until the 25th.

btw. Happy Birthday thezerofire!

happy birthday zerofire and heckfu!

So did I miss anything big in the last 2 days?

We had a power shortage in the area where our hotel was that took 9 hours to fix and when I woke up the next day, there were 20 pages to catch up to.

Oh, and happy birthday Heckfu and Zero :)

Happy birthday Heckfu and Zerofire!

Anyone know whats up with halocouncil.com?

I can't seem to connect due to some "service unavailable error" :/

edit: happy birthday heckfu and zerofire!
jbqcIsTjg49gud.jpg

thanks guys

also if you guys are planning on staying up really late (or are in europe somewhere) it's my 21st so there's a high chance of really drunk halo in the early hours pdt

GhaleonEB

I want to ask you all a question.

How would you make BTB fun again?
  • Tether vehicle health to player health once again, as with Halo 2/3/ODST. Make them less fragile.
  • Reign in the Banshee's agility, tether jukes and spins to the boost meter; one move takes up half the meter.
  • Back the DMR down to 2x zoom, to improve player mobility routes.
  • Only include BTB maps in BTB.
  • Put game types on maps suitable for them. No 1-flag on Hemorrhage, for instance - just one-side maps such as Breakpoint.
  • Delete Heavies game types. Never put them back into matchmaking in any future Halo game ever.

Chad hasn't worked at 343 for some months. But Kyle still needs a name to pin on someone not making the precise thing he likes, so he can post enthralling inflammatory posts, because they are the only things that spark discussion (which finally explains those little kids in high school who would sit in puddles or act out in the cafeteria) so I have invented a fake playlist manager named 'Marcel.'

Marcel likes plasma weapons exclusively and his favorite historical game type is 1:1 CTF on Blood Gulch with 50% speed and full invis for both 'teams'

Marcel L'Adapteur.
I see what you did there. And it will work.

Watched the first half. I like the changing mission objectives, even though they're all essentially the same (Clear the Area; Clear the Base; Explore the Area). It provides a feeling of progress from point to point. The level was smallish which led to intense combat, but I saw a fair number of ways for players to fan out, with multiple approaches to most encounters. Looked like they were playing on Normal, and enemies were still overwhelming.

Visually, there's not as much feedback and clarity in the combat loop as there is in Reach. It might be the off-screen nature of it, but exactly where shots land and their effect seems murkier than in Reach, which I think really nailed a strong visual feedback loop to combat. I'd really like to see a direct feed mission.

Will Spartan Ops feature matchmaking? How will that work with 50 missions?

Homeboyd

That SpOps video. That's just stupid good. I get more hyped every second of footage I see from those missions (and I think it's all been that same mission). I can't imagine 49 more of those.

Also, I think someone already mentioned this, but where is the scoring/medals?! Hopefully we'll get to compete with other groups of 4 on stats (time, points, etc..) and I'd imagine the custom challenges would/could be tied to them as well.

Looks amazing.

AceLegacy

• Tether vehicle health to player health once again, as with Halo 2/3/ODST. Make them less fragile.
  • Reign in the Banshee's agility, tether jukes and spins to the boost meter; one move takes up half the meter.
  • Back the DMR down to 2x zoom, to improve player mobility routes.
  • Only include BTB maps in BTB.
  • Put game types on maps suitable for them. No 1-flag on Hemorrhage, for instance - just one-side maps such as Breakpoint.
  • Delete Heavies game types. Never put them back into matchmaking in any future Halo game ever.

gGXFt.gif

Hmmm...watching that Spec-Ops vid, is this the first time we've seen the jetpack?

About 1:27 in, very short quick boost, straight up and across. A lot faster than the Reach jetpack, and hopefully with less fuel!

Also, been lurking for ages but not posting. Halo 4 looks sooo good.

:)

Why do people want dmr down to 2x zoom again? People are having trouble with it close range, which is good; it should be stronger at a longer range than the br and weaker at a closer range.

GhaleonEB

Where did the sparks go :(
I hadn't identified this, but yes. They are a great visual signal.

Spops has per-mission matchmaking.

So, you select a mission to play, and then choose to matchmake on that mission? I'm sure some missions will be more popular than others, but given the number of them this is probably a good solution. I assumed it would be on a per-episode basis (pick Episode 4, enter matchmaking, vote on which mission to play.)

Alright I posted this the other day, but now it has become a real concern of mine. I know we get to play SpOPs season 1 for free. But does that mean we can actually play through the past missions, and watch all the past episodes forever? Do we perminately own them and always have access to them? Because the the talk of a TV show gave me a bad image that while we can play through season 1 for free, a purchase of season 1 would be required to gain access to replayabilty.

daedalius

A dinky sniper rifle makes larger more open maps annoying to traverse IMO.

This can be solved with map design though. Something like Hemo is the best example of how NOT to design a map with the DMR on it.

Alright I posted this the other day, but now it has become a real concern of mine. I know we get to play SpOPs season 1 for free. But does that mean we can actually play through the past missions, and watch all the past episodes forever? Do we perminately own them and always have access to them. Because the the talk of a TV show gave me a bad image that while we can play through season 1 for free, a purchase of season 1 would be required to gain access to replayabilty.

They've already said you can watch/play them whenever you want. I imagine weighting will be given to the latest set of episodes in matchmaking though.

So, you select a mission to play, and then choose to matchmake on that mission? I'm sure some missions will be more popular than others, but given the number of them this is probably a good solution. I assumed it would be on a per-episode basis (pick Episode 4, enter matchmaking, vote on which mission to play.)
JkoP

^This confuses me. How can it search for players when a mission hasn't been selected? Or is it a host/join setup? That would actually be really good.

TheOddOne

Alright I posted this the other day, but now it has become a real concern of mine. I know we get to play SpOPs season 1 for free. But does that mean we can actually play through the past missions, and watch all the past episodes forever? Do we perminately own them and always have access to them. Because the the talk of a TV show gave me a bad image that while we can play through season 1 for free, a purchase of season 1 would be required to gain access to replayabilty.
I doubt that we will not "own" the concent. If it's downloaded, we can replay it as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom