• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I could use some help.

So, Krow and I both use Turtle Beach X-11s. Both of our wires go around the back of the tv and his goes left, mine goes right.

His wire is twisted as fuck! My wire is totally fine. His wire just twists and twists and now the length of the wire is essentially reduced by quite a bit.

How can tis be happening and what is the best way to fix this?

Hey guys, I could use some help.

So, Krow and I both use Turtle Beach X-11s. Both of our wires go around the back of the tv and his goes left, mine goes right.

His wire is twisted as fuck! My wire is totally fine. His wire just twists and twists and now the length of the wire is essentially reduced by quite a bit.

How can tis be happening and what is the best way to fix this?

Lol, same thing always happens to my headset. I just unplug it from it's receiver and untwist it when that happens.

Jun better be a Spartan 4 since he presumably is still alive and in service, and while is character wasn't great it would be really cool to see him return. As for Jorge, it would be great to see him return, but they would probably have to tell a complex side story of how he survived.. I mean its very possible after he transported that ship that there escape pods or something, but I wouldn't just accept it with no explanation. Maybe he is still stranded on some strange world with some covenant survivors. :lol

On another note, my local Target now has Halo 4 merchandise out, so a bit of the marketing is beginning I suppose. Still doesn't change the fact that we need some trailers to get the hype train going, and to explain things, but even so its pretty cool to see. Also, will there be Gamefuel?

Yes, I agree. I do not think this is a problem; they're snipers, after all. You need to kill them, evade them, or flank them.
Hm. This is true, and you bring up good points about the "turkey shoots" – good sparingly, but not for sprawling encounters like AotCR. I can definitely see where you're coming from on everything else.

I guess that means I don't really like the concept of snipers in the context of Halo's sandbox. That or their implementation hasn't been to my liking. :/

heckfu

Banned
Jun better be a Spartan 4 since he presumably is still alive and in service, and while is character wasn't great it would be really cool to see him return. As for Jorge, it would be great to see him return, but they would probably have to tell a complex side story of how he survived.. I mean its very possible after he transported that ship that there escape pods or something, but I wouldn't just accept it with no explanation. Maybe he is still stranded on some strange world with some covenant survivors. :lol

On another note, my local Target now has Halo 4 merchandise out, so a bit of the marketing is beginning I suppose. Still doesn't change the fact that we need some trailers to get the hype train going, and to explain things, but even so its pretty cool to see. Also, will there be Gamefuel?

Ugh I hope not. Leave those static characters behind and introduce new ones with dynamic personalities and backgrounds. I can't care about a character if I'm not invested. Carter dead? So long! Kat dead? Whoops!

I literally felt nothing when any of them died and that's a lame way to play a game.

Ugh I hope not. Leave those static characters behind and introduce new ones with dynamic personalities and backgrounds. I can't care about a character if I'm not invested. Carter dead? So long! Kat dead? Whoops!

I literally felt nothing when any of them died and that's a lame way to play a game.

I laughed when kat died, so I guess I felt something.

Talents

Banned

Inb4 they bring back Noble 6, he ended up using his hyper-lethal vector power to disarm and kill the elites, then took a banshee off the planet.

/sarcasm

Don't play that level on legendary.
It's easy...
After the 100th attempt
but the best advice is use every power weapon / equipment possible. Stay hidden. You're going to run a lot almost non stop if being chased, also after overloading high charity's core. Avoid flamethrower unless you're cornered and out of ammo as a back up.

FyreWulff

Wow that's crazy. Didn't think that many people played for jackpots.

They do, but it's kind of like a drug - eventually the playerbase builds a tolerance for it and it stops working. Like when Halo 3's ranked BTB was DoubleEXP for a while.

I still want to see a super crazy SJW like 343,000cR or something.
Then they'll put it on Team Slayer

TheOddOne

Him climbing the ranks would be awesome. Even a brief glimpse of him would be awesome.

a zoojoo

Banned
They do, but it's kind of like a drug - eventually the playerbase builds a tolerance for it and it stops working. Like when Halo 3's ranked BTB was DoubleEXP for a while.

I still want to see a super crazy SJW like 343,000cR or something.Then they'll put it on Squad Slayer

lolfixedit

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Every halo streamer (especially pros) get hit offline minimum every few games, it's inevitable.

I've been a streamer since Halo 3 and I don't think I've ever had my stream hit offline. I have had someone artificially inflate my viewer numbers though lol. It's mostly just the pros.

Edit: lolz you added popular. My stream used to be popular :( and then I streamed the VGAs for GAF

Hey those sixteen year olds spent their hard earned, middle school graduation money on purchasing access to a botnet.
How dare you insult them?!?

Just kidding!
They actually used their parents' credit card

Omni

I had maybe two games of Reach tonight and I had enough... The game is just stale. No amount of playlist changes is going to change that...

Thankfully I still have Halo 3. Played for a few hours with some guys I met in BTB (I've actually noticed a lot of people have mics and talk now... It makes the game so much better)

Talents

Banned
I've been a streamer since Halo 3 and I don't think I've ever had my stream hit offline. I have had someone artificially inflate my viewer numbers though lol. It's mostly just the pros.

Edit: lolz you added popular. My stream used to be popular :( and then I streamed the VGAs for GAF

Sorry for starting that arguement earlier.

kylej

Banned
Says the guy who will call you a dee slurper on the slightest suspicion that you agree with any of the dev's actions.

I don't do that, and will you get off my dick, please? Keep posting more pointless gifs and praying people will quote them, don't worry about my internet posts. Thanks.

Stream is back, looks like they're trying to restart game 1 from where the stream cut off.

Omni

It's easy...
After the 100th attempt
but the best advice is use every power weapon / equipment possible. Stay hidden. You're going to run a lot almost non stop if being chased, also after overloading high charity's core. Avoid flamethrower unless you're cornered and out of ammo as a back up.

Mmm. Just make sure you're carrying dual plasma rifles (does wonders against all flood) or a carbine and a sword or shotgun. I don't really see the need to use anything other than that... though camo is useful if you can't be bothered killing everything.

Plus grenades (namely anything that sticks) are vital; Great for suppressing the things that stick to walls and shoot needles at you.

FyreWulff

Says there's a title update in playlist, still feels like 100% bloom. Might be the god awful connection even with all green bars.

Bloom is client-side.

Fracas, could you upload the broken bloom gametype to your FS?

edit: wait actually I can just get it from the film clip you posted

Computron

I don't do that, and will you get off my dick, please? Keep posting more pointless gifs and praying people will quote them, don't worry about my internet posts. Thanks.

Stream is back, looks like they're trying to restart game 1 from where the stream cut off.

You are a hypocrite. Get over yourself.

Mmm. Just make sure you're carrying dual plasma rifles (does wonders against all flood) or a carbine and a sword or shotgun. I don't really see the need to use anything other than that... though camo is useful if you can't be bothered killing everything.

Plus grenades (namely anything that sticks) are vital; Great for suppressing the things that stick to walls and shoot needles at you.

One thing I notice a lot of people overlook: If you don't have a Brute Shot, find a Brute Shot. If you have one, always find ammo for a Brute Shot. If you can't find ammo for your Brute Shot, wait until you can find ammo for your Brute Shot.

A few key facts:
• It's an amazing area-of-effect weapon for crowd control, even up close. If you're surrounded, just fire one shot. Anything that isn't torn apart is now too far away to melee you.

• Most Brute flood carry them on higher difficulties so ammo is somewhat common.

• You can always use them to launch yourself out of disorienting places.

• They will knock Ranged Forms off of walls in one shot. If they stay on the ground as Ranged Forms, you can destroy them. If they switch to Stalkers or Tank forms:

• A single Brute Shot melee will kill any Flood form in one shot, barring shielded Elites, regardless of difficulty or skulls.

I've gone through Cortana, Floodgate, etc. on Legendary solo plenty of times using just Brute Shots and occasionally Plasma Rifles, etc. I don't know why it doesn't get more love.

kylej

Banned
You are a hypocrite. Get over yourself.

If my internet posts bother you that much, please click the ignore button in my profile. I apologize that my internet posts have caused such agony in your undoubtedly busy days, but I will not be changing my posts to make you feel better. Thanks!

Reach time people. Juices get on. gt: jelyk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom