• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nice screen. Skybox looks awesome.

Speaking of Isolation and Skyboxes...the best part of Isolation is the skybox.

Also, shotgun looks badass. Your face is ugly.

Do we know what that AA symbol is?
Or are we going to have that argument again? lol

a zoojoo

Banned

Visor Lock, it prevents headshots and negates all damage to the head while only letting you look forwards.

the best part of isolation is the fact that the ground slowly becomes infected over the course of the game... and the skybox

probaby promethean vision, or hologram.

Here's a little something to tide you all over. Pardon the quality, I screen capped this myself using the snipping tool.

Got a serious Bullseye vibe off that shotgun. And that is no complaint.
FKe75HnzLqc.jpg

Shadders

Screen looks great, but I need sleep now. Been refreshing Waypoint all day, how disappointing.

Arnie, are you going to Anfield for the game tomorrow? I'm taking my son to see his first live game.

Not really a fan of most of what 343 has redesigned so far.

I'm waiting for hands on before i properly judge.

Splaser looks nice (not really a redesign)
BR looks nice and makes sense
DMR is ... different but okay
Storm Rifle and Carbine both look great better than before
Shotgun .. okay? ill wait for better quality footage.
Sniper hated it at first its growing on me.
Pistol i like
Warthog is fine
Chief and Spartans look great (some of the new helmets are pretty bad)

Commenting on FUD's BtF series:
This explanation still begs many questions. For one, what happens when one Spartan kills another in the simulation? Is that knife through the skull still virtual? What, then, is the point of differentiating a kill with a dissolve effect versus one without? If the deaths are simulated as well, shouldn’t they all dissolve, to show that the Spartan wasn’t really killed, just beamed out of the game? Answering either of these questions would mean that 343 Industries would have to finally reveal the context of these multiplayer games, either being inside of a VR simulation in which Spartans do not physically interact with each other, or explain through some other method how it’s okay for humanity’s most elite fighting force to be murdering one another before going into real battle. So far, it seems that 343 Industries is keeping its cards held close to the chest, if they even have an explanation at all.
I don't think it really matters in the end. If 343 isn't holding any sort of cards to answer these types of questions, you just gotta pretend that they don't kill each other in the end.

Edit: Then one would ask, "Then why contextualize the multiplayer if questions like that don't have answers?" I would say, personally, the context of the multiplayer doesn't matter, so I don't put any weight on any sort of questions like the ones posited in the BtF.

Akai__

Just woke up from my nap. I would say in perfect time. After reading/watching I will continue to sleep. I'm getting ill, I think.

Vire

I'm unsure about that shotgun. Looks like something out of Resistance...

Not sure why they gotta mess with the classic weapons.

I'll reserve judgement till I see it in motion though.

Skybox looks great at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom