• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

It's narrative/story? Fuuuuuuckkk. I love Halo's universe and it's what I'm most excited about for Halo 4.

But it is not what I need to hear from 343 about.. Fuck. I'm sure the vidoc will still be great, but hype deflated for it.

Where was this confirmed? Or am I blind and not seeing it on this page?

JHall

While his aiming wasn't very good. When he used the DMR his aim seemed better than when he used the Light Rifle.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic about the LR, but from the looks of it the LR might be the hardest utility weapon to use. That might be a risk/reward type of weapon, harder to use but rewards the player with a slightly faster kill time than the other utility weapons.

Or maybe I'm just trying to find a bright spot in these dark, dark times for Halo multiplayer.

CyReN

7xFG0.png

nillapuddin

Lets complain about the flag more guys, Id love to spend my Saturday doing it, will you join me!?

If you want to fill the next 10 pages with flag BS, go back twenty pages and pretend.

lol at IGN calling it "Capture That Flag."

Maybe there's so much carnival of stupid and hand-holding in this build because ALL OF THE GAMETYPES WE'VE SEEN SO FAR ARE FOR THE BASIC TRAINING PLAYLIST. Believe.

Lets complain about the flag more guys, Id love to spend my Saturday doing it, will you join me!?

If you want to fill the next 10 pages with flag BS, go back twenty pages and pretend.

You can go spend your Saturday somewhere else. We're not here to fuckin' entertain your every whim.

heckfu

Banned
Ellis said flag questions will be answered today, I believe.

Not a glitch but a purposeful design choice to make flag carrying a bigger deal and encourage team play. It took some adjusting but it really did get us talking and strategizing more than I have in Reach to date.

Not a glitch but a purposeful design choice to make flag carrying a bigger deal and encourage team play. It took some adjusting but it really did get us talking and strategizing more than I have in Reach to date.
The negatives far outweigh the positives though.

CyReN

I love David, but I will debate him any day about teamwork and having the flag dropped. I'm cool with it in Infinity, but give us custom guys a shot with it.

nillapuddin

It doesnt bother me if there is discussion, or constructive criticism, or new ideas on CTF

But when its just one sentence complaint posts all over again its unnecessary, Im not going to tell people how to post, Im just saying do we have to go through this again today?
its just a waste of everybody's time

in my opinion

heckfu

Banned
I love David, but I will debate him any day about teamwork and having the flag dropped. I'm cool with it in Infinity, but give us custom guys a shot with it.
Don't take my word as gospel, I could be mistaken on the reasoning. Just saying I think that's what he was saying.

Like it will take teamwork but the problem is its something drastically different and makes CTF something completely different from what is halo CTF.

Omni

If they've screwed CTF up this badly, it really makes me wonder what they've done with the other game types. I mean, it's CTF. They didn't have to change a god damn thing... They could've made their CoD clone as a separate gametype, but to replace the default?

and this is why I like to avoid Halo 4 news. The unnecessary change annoys me and I tend to rant about it.

hahaha wow, well RIP flag dropping 2001-2012
fRglj.gif

daedalius

It doesnt bother me if there is discussion, or constructive criticism, or new ideas on CTF

But when its just one sentence complaint posts all over again its unnecessary, Im not going to tell people how to post, Im just saying do we have to go through this again today?
its just a waste of everybody's time

in my opinion

You're expecting a lot.

heckfu

Banned
Like it will take teamwork but the problem is its something drastically different and makes CTF something completely different from what is halo CTF.
It's absolutely different. In fact, it couldn't be considered remotely close.

That being said, it's more fun than any variant of flag I've played on Reach or possibly 3. It was frantic, fast paced, and flag carrier base speed was equivalent to non-carrier base speed for those curious.

This could all be me in the honeymoon phase but who says that phase has to end? I want to keep going back and playing over and over. It's a finely polished product and having a magnum wasn't like OMG THIS IS TOO OP.

Edit: @Tashi I'll be live-tweeting if I can get the tubes to open up long enough for me to get a tweet out!

nillapuddin

You're expecting a lot.

Im a dreamer : /

I understand the outburst when news drops, even I was a bit staggered by this new approach, but since we have no more info than yesterday, and now new people are waking up/checking in, they just go straight to their rants

which mirror everything we went through yesterday,
I curse the gods for this panel being so late today

It wouldnt bother me as much if they were mad with confirmed sources

edit: look how positive the impressions have been
I know its just a tough thing to chew on when so few of us can actually play, but still

That being said, it's more fun than any variant of flag I've played on Reach or possibly 3. It was frantic, fast paced, and flag carrier base speed was equivalent to non-carrier base speed for those curious.

This could all be me in the honeymoon phase but who says that phase has to end? I want to keep going back and playing over and over. It's a finely polished product and having a magnum wasn't like OMG THIS IS TOO OP.

Edit: @Tashi I'll be live-tweeting if I can get the tubes to open up long enough for me to get a tweet out!

The worst news I've seen so far over it is the waypoint over your head the whole time your a lame duck.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Honeymooner confirmed

And thanks, I'll see what I can do about these tubes for ya

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This day sucks

Every time I go out to have a break, i read something CTF related and I want to punch a kitten

Can't be healthy

Gray Man

Banned

Thank you for being the voice of reason.

feel

It's cute how 343i thinks the random XBL douchebag will go anywhere near the flag knowing that he can't drop it and that all he will have to defend himself is a superbloom pistol until he dies or caps.

"Guys playing the game for the first time ever at a con and the friendly guys in our studio testing sessions didn't have a problem with it, everyone loves teamwork, we're sure it'll work just fine!"

Gray Man

Banned

I can understanding wanting to drop the flag, but flag juggling always seemed annoying to me. I never had a problem doing it, I just don't see the issue.

Defect

Tell them to get rid of the Waypoint over the carrier's head. Then it would be slightly better.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
It's cute how 343i thinks the random XBL douchebag will go anywhere near the flag knowing that he can't drop it and that all he will have to defend himself is a superbloom pistol until he dies or caps.

I'm more worried about randoms and the instant respawn. With that said though, I plan to play with people I know as much as possible. I think with the size of HaloGAF now and the amount of people who will be playing the game, it won't be too difficult to find a crew to run with at all times.

Omni

I think I'm going to avoid the flag in CTF games... if only because of that music. Seriously though, I hope it's optional.

I'm more worried about randoms and the instant respawn. With that said though, I plan to play with people I know as much as possible. I think with the size of HaloGAF now and the amount of people who will be playing the game, it won't be too difficult to find a crew to run with at all times.
Instant re-spawn is only in one gametype, yes?

Havok

I think I'm going to avoid the flag in CTF games... if only because of that music. Seriously though, I hope it's optional.

Instant re-spawn is only in one gametype, yes?
Instant respawn was confirmed, or at least strongly hinted, not to be in Objective gametypes like...a day after the feature was announced.

u4iX

You guys need to click on the link haha <3

Also, I still don't know how I totally feel about the change. It's a drastic change from the way we've played CTF in the past Halo games. The past Halo games seemed to work fine in regards to CTF, especially in 1 and 2 where you could actually toss the flag further.

No one has really played enough of these CTF gametypes to tell for sure.

My initial impression of it is hesitant, somewhat sketchy, and somewhat frustrated, but I'm willing to give it its fair shake before I go crazy and say that HALO IS DEAD, or something of the like.

Top Bottom