• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Conor 419

Banned
Halo players appear to suffer from many dermatological conditions. Halo 4 is our calamine lotion?

2102.jpg

Something else I'd like to mention:

I'd consider myself part of the fanatical Halo devout, but there's a ton of revealed information about Halo 4 that's news to me. There's already a Halo 4 hub page on Halo Waypoint, but it hasn't been updated in awhile. (For example, the UNSC weapons revealed in the video are not on the page.)

It might be nice to have a page dedicated to new reveals for those who don't follow every Bulletin, event or video. The most effective manner would be a Timeline page of reveals, which people could infer would be updated in the future with new reveals. This page would have a brief description of the reveal and a link to the full content. This would increase page views/video views on the established content while providing new fans and old a reliable page for information.

GameTrailers - Bonus Round - Fall Game Preview - BOps2, MoH, Dishonored

I honestly can't say how many times GT and other sites have talked about BOps2 already. This is the sort of attention Halo 4 should be getting on mainstream gaming sites, but to be fair some of these sites are incredibly frikkin biased..

GhaleonEB

Was this confirmed? Although, I came to the same conclusion seeing the Oddball footage.
It could make Grifball a lot more interesting, too.

In one of the Bulletins, it was teased that a new feature added to one of the game types would have a big impact on a certain niche. It's heavily speculated that since we can toss the oddball, we can also toss the bomb (it's the same size, after all). That would have a HUGE impact on Grifball.

I should have noted I was speculating in my post.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
16 pieces of DLC. 16 different MP maps? Released in packs of four? One can only hope.

I remember reading somewhere that there won't be any Kinect features for Halo 4? Maybe I'm mistaken...
Yeah, you're right. Maybe they're being sneaky and weren't including DLC, though? I dunno, I think it's unlikely.

Talents

Banned
I would have loved a 32 player mode in Quad, Mega Team Battle or something. Clearly not possible this generation though, I hope we get it next generation.

Isn't there a game on the PS3 that can have 250 or something players in one game? Granted it would of been laggy as hell but it was still possible.

At this point, the reveals I'm most anticipating are:
- Ranking system.
- Clan/group support.
- New MP maps.
- Spartan Ops customization.
- The BTB "Invasion replacement" gametype they've been teasing.

I don't want to see any Promethean vehicles before launch. I want the :-O factor to stay pure.

Well, if Expertzone was right with only 2 new vehicles something tells me there wont be much to look forward to in that regard anyways.

H4 dlc content?

cred - xJumPeR_JumPzZ

Kinect?

Hm, if I had to guess these would be weapon and armor skins.. We already know that the mappacks well have 3 maps each for the first 3, so it isn't that. Unless they are Spartan Ops side missions...

Nah, probably armor and skins. This is gonna be gears 3 all over again, isn't it?

Conor 419

Banned
Isn't there a game on the PS3 that can have 250 or something players in one game? Granted it would of been laggy as hell but it was still possible.

It's called MAG, MAG can have that many players as it's not particularly impressive in areas where Halo excels. I.E its texture models, physics etc.

If they put all this work into adding a progression system to Halo 4, and then sell skins in DLC packs (RIP Gears 3), I'll be fucking pissed.

FyreWulff

16 pieces of DLC. 16 different MP maps? Released in packs of four? One can only hope.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe they're being sneaky and weren't including DLC, though? I dunno, I think it's unlikely.

1. Bullseye Armor
2. Oceanic Armor
3. Red Camo Armor
4. Raptor Armor
5. Web Armor
6. Console Armor
7. LE armor
8. LE avataro prop
9. Wargames pass that comes with LE
10. Console avatar pet
11. Console avatar suit
12. Console avatar cyro tube
13. Wargames pass (purchasable)
14. Wargames Map Pack #1
15. Wargames Map Pack #2
16. Wargames Map Pack #3

What was the Halo game where developers said something like " You wont even remember what was an original map and what wasnt" ?

Halo 3.

If they put all this work into adding a progression system to Halo 4, and then sell skins in DLC packs (RIP Gears 3), I'll be fucking pissed.

Unfortunately it makes tons of money.. especially season passes. I fucking hate them but have seen numbers on other games that had one, it's basically selling all the DLC upfront to people near launch instead of hoping they'll stick around and buy all the DLC later. Even if they trade in your game a month later, you still got the money for the DLC.

Fuchsdh

Maybe boost the BTB cap to 20 (2 teams of 10), but I definitely agree a main halo shooter shouldn't be massive.

A Star Wars Battlefront style spinoff, however...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I feel as though there is at least 1 big gametype to announce. Hell, we haven't even been told about a proper Invasion replacement. Also, the new Oddball mechanics seem a bit too new to just be glossed over in an Assassination video, wondering if we'll hear more about this and if it's actually being redesigned further.

I doubt there will be one given the nature of MP now.

Oozer3993

A delightful assortment of small towns in Maine.

Ellsworth
Orland
Bucksport
Stockton Springs
Searsport
Belfast
Northport
Lincolnville
Camden
Rockland
Thomaston
Warren
Medomak
Waldoboro
Nobleboro
Biddeford

I wonder if they'll do Chillicothe when they do codenames from Ohio.

DeadNames

Banned
A delightful assortment of small towns in Maine.

Ellsworth
Orland
Bucksport
Stockton Springs
Searsport
Belfast
Northport
Lincolnville
Camden
Rockland
Thomaston
Warren
Medomak
Waldoboro
Nobleboro
Biddeford

I wonder if they'll do Chillicothe when they do codenames from Ohio.

Represent! But seriously... I wonder what this could be? I really hope it's not day one DLC :/

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What do you mean? I think armor mods and custom loadouts could be really fun in an Invasion-like gametype.

Given that it's supposed to be a "simulation now."

If anything you're going to get an invasion "type" of game in BTB now, or BTB will have evolved a bit to incorporate invasion style missions.

Just my thought.

Sai-kun

Banned
1. Bullseye Armor
2. Oceanic Armor
3. Red Camo Armor
4. Raptor Armor
5. Web Armor
6. Console Armor
7. LE armor
8. LE avataro prop
9. Wargames pass that comes with LE
10. Console avatar pet
11. Console avatar suit
12. Console avatar cyro tube
13. Wargames pass (purchasable)
14. Wargames Map Pack #1
15. Wargames Map Pack #2
16. Wargames Map Pack #3

KLiBV.gif

Plain Ben

Represent! But seriously... I wonder what this could be? I really hope it's not day one DLC :/
It'll be Gamerpics, Themes, Videos and Avatar items most likely. Probably even the slots for the pre-order bonuses and such.

I'm sure if there was day one DLC, we'd know.

GhaleonEB

Given that it's supposed to be a "simulation now."

If anything you're going to get an invasion "type" of game in BTB now, or BTB will have evolved a bit to incorporate invasion style missions.

Just my thought.

It would be interesting to have something akin to Invasion as a game type in BTB, yeah. I think game types that work through phases have a lot of potential to be fun, but the execution of Invasion was poor.

The exact wording in the Bulletin:

Q: We already know Elites are not in, which means no Invasion as we know it in Halo 4. Have you considered releasing a game type (both at launch and after launch) which relied on some of the aspects which made Invasion great? -Gabotron ES

A: Elites are in Campaign. Elites are not playable MP types. We will, however, add some interesting variety to MP which will scratch that itch.​
I'm still not sure if he was talking about scratching the Invasion itch (the question) or the playing-as-Elites itch, which the answer focused on.

FyreWulff

It would be interesting to have something akin to Invasion as a game type in BTB, yeah. I think game types that work through phases have a lot of potential to be fun, but the execution of Invasion was poor.

Q: We already know Elites are not in, which means no Invasion as we know it in Halo 4. Have you considered releasing a game type (both at launch and after launch) which relied on some of the aspects which made Invasion great? -Gabotron ES

A: Elites are in Campaign. Elites are not playable MP types. We will, however, add some interesting variety to MP which will scratch that itch.​
I'm still not sure if he was talking about scratching the Invasion itch (the question) or the playing-as-Elites itch, which the answer focused on.

At this point I'm expecting a playlist called Action Scritch where you have to scratch itches until the game ends.

There is no way the Wargames map packs are dev'd yet!

They wouldn't be but it wouldn't stop them from making the marketplace placeholder. Think ODST which basically had the "Play the Reach Beta" hook in it's main menu from Day 1 but wasn't actually used until the Beta dropped. The beta didn't exist when ODST shipped but they sure as hell tested that thing with placeholder content.

edit: it should also be noted that Halo 3 had placeholder content in it's marketplace category too for a while, before MS caught it and took it down.

JHall

There is no way the Wargames map packs are dev'd yet!

Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of developers now-a-days make all the maps then sell a few later as DLC instead of just putting them on the disc. It's just another way to nickel and dime their paying customers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Frank already said Kinect is not a part of Halo 4. Doubt the lobby was designed for it. SmartGlass maybe, but we have yet to see the matchmaking lobby either.

Noricart

Still sticking to the idea that it's just Warzone from Killzone but re-branded.

Top Bottom