• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Oozer3993

Don't forget Smart Glass. Halo 4 lobby UI was designed for both those gimmicks.

Smart Glass is the addition of a second screen. You don't redesign the main UI for it. The device running Smart Glass might have a different resolution/aspect ration/orientation. You design a second UI for the Smart Glass. And there is no Kinect support in Halo 4, per Frankie.

Frank O'Connor said:
We are not supporting 3D TVs or Kinect for Halo 4

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
yep. Edit: So it's 10 + 3, with the 3 being forge variants?
The three mini Forge Worlds that were announced at RTX, one of which was demo'd at the time. Frankie says Forge maps won't be in matchmaking on launch, but some point after.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Anyone wanna get on some Reach? Gettin some rainy Sunday blues and wanna destroy some kids.

Was just about to ask if anyone would be interested in celebrating 8/19/12 with some customs later. I'll be getting off work a bit early, should be home around 8:30pm EST

nillapuddin

Forge maps won't be in matchmaking on launch, but some point after.

... it will take time to recreate perfection

Reach_MP_theCage04.jpg

I for one am looking forward to seeing how the whole SmartGlass thing pans out. I know I'll be using it with my WP7 (maybe 8 by then), and am considering snagging a Surface as well. I really enjoyed the Library function in CEA and was hoping to see something like it in 4 with Kinect. Maybe that's moving over to SmartGlass though, so we'll see.

Ken

Halo 4 doesn't support Kinect
Halo CEA runs buttery smooth
The Reach Anniversary pistol has no bloom

I was so amazed playing Silent Cartographer in CEA yesterday how badly it chugged.

I remember the framerate issues being present in the first trailer too, at the same exact part.

... it will take time to recreate perfection

Shut your eyes Marion! Don't look at it no matter what happens!

If 343 let the regular maps breath for a few months before they start introducing Forge variants, that might lead to the community-generated stuff feeling a little fresher instead of just more of the same gray world.

darthbob

I was so amazed playing Silent Cartographer in CEA yesterday how badly it chugged.

I remember the framerate issues being present in the first trailer too, at the same exact part.

Plays fine for me in Classic Mode.

And really, if you're not playing it in Classic Mode with Classic Music, and a Duke controller, you're not a true Halo fan. :lol

Good lord, I'm using GAF Pro Dark and my Post Reply button didn't load, I thought I got banned. :lol

On a related note, I'm trying to compile a list for the whole Halo 2 Opening Cutscene: NeoGAF Edition video. Can people help me out? I'm trying to get most of the frequent HaloGAFers that have been

EazyB (The Original Cleanser)

Banned:
Zoojoo
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood
Ghaleon
Heckfu
Starwolf
Juices (second-longest)
789shadow
Juryben
MTW

Otherwise harmed/permajuniored:
TheOddOne
FyreWulff (bizarre semipermajunior)

Can anyone else give me any examples?

Good lord, I'm using GAF Pro Dark and my Post Reply button didn't load, I thought I got banned. :lol

On a related note, I'm trying to compile a list for the whole Halo 2 Opening Cutscene: NeoGAF Edition video. Can people help me out? I'm trying to get most of the frequent HaloGAFers that have been

Permabanned:
EazyB
Zoojoo

Banned:
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood

TheOddOne

Heckfu got banned for about a month before E3.

Homeboyd

If you're wanting to include HaloGAFfers that have been banned for posts in other threads, that list will grow quite a bit. I can think of several off the top of my head (plus a few more from within this thread) although, I'll let them speak up if they wish.

Talents

Banned

Permabanned:
EazyB
Zoojoo

Banned:
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood

TheOddOne

A27 someone? Can't remember his name. But it began with A27.

Don't forget FyreWulff's bizarre accidental semi-perma-Juniorizing. His release from that purgatory made TheOddOne's situation all the more pitiful.
Sorry OddOne

Tawpgun

Im still here.

And was gone all day. Other than zoojoo justice, im going to assume there was no news and there are several pages behind me that are salt free and full of fantastic discussion.

Im still here.

And was gone all day. Other than zoojoo justice, im going to assume there was no news and there are several pages behind me that are salt free and full of fantastic discussion.

This thread is so full of salt I threw a cucumber and vinegar in it just to see if I'd get pickles.

I did.

Im still here.

Not horrible discussion from what iv seen but iv spent most of the day watching movies with the GF.

Shadders

What did Zoojoo do to get perma'd? Was it just the relentless spamming?

Did anything ever come of that ESPN ARG? Could these placeholder pages tie into that?

I for one am looking forward to seeing how the whole SmartGlass thing pans out. I know I'll be using it with my WP7 (maybe 8 by then), and am considering snagging a Surface as well.

Same. I see no problem with smart glass. It seems like a practical way to keep up to date with the game and manage multiplayer.

DeadNames

Banned

Permabanned:
EazyB
Zoojoo

Banned:
Devolution
Kittens
Plywood
Ghaleon
Heckfu
Starwolf
Juices (second-longest)

TheOddOne
FyreWulff (bizarre semipermajunior)

Juryben and MTW!

Did anything ever come of that ESPN ARG? Could these placeholder pages tie into that?

Holy mother, if they were, I'd be stoked. All of those places are relatively close to me, assuming they are talking about Maine.

Top Bottom