• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Contact Harvest is fantastic, and it would be my first suggestion. The "tactical error" occurs on literally the last pages - an epilogue. It's the ending to the book. Had to shoehorn in a happy ending somehow.
Disagreed, Johnson is a miserable brooding character throughout the book. The happy ending was cringe worthy. The only redeeming and to me enjoyable aspects of the book were all related to the Covenant side.

blamite

Disagreed, Johnson is a miserable brooding character throughout the book. The happy ending was cringe worthy. The only redeeming and to me enjoyable aspects of the book were all related to the Covenant side.

I loved the book if only for
Lighter Than Some.

Guys! Idea:

Chief starts out in Campaign wearing the Legendary Mark VI, but upgrades to the new suit we've seen once he gets on the Infinity. They're just using the new model everywhere not to spoil it.

CyReN

For some reason I've been hearing a lot about this game, people are saying it's a Halo meets Minecraft type thing. Is it worth the download?

It's $3, so it's well worth it and it's in the beta. I love playing Lockout FFA with sniper/pistol start.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So this game may have custom button mapping but it also freezes all of our xboxs every 10 minutes. So yeah, maybe they shouldve spent more time on it not crashing.

/notalegitargumentbutstill
My Xbox didn't completely freeze, but yeah it definitely chugged at times. We got frequent disconnects as well.
heckfu is now a true Murder Miners Spiderman.

We found double jumps and evade jumps.
Lol, as soon as I saw the right visor, I made my not-spartan Spiderman.

This game is pretty damn good. Actually feels like Halo. It does have some issues though.

Guys! Idea:

Chief starts out in Campaign wearing the Legendary Mark VI, but upgrades to the new suit we've seen once he gets on the Infinity. They're just using the new model everywhere not to spoil it.
Chief is wearing the "Mk VII" while in the Cryochamber. Shown in IGN video. Would be cool to witness the Metamorphosis in game.

TheOddOne

Guys! Idea:

Then explain that even when Chief gets the new armor, it is broken in certain parts.

blamite

Mack & Sif and Deacon & Lighter than Some
are two of my absolute favorite moments/relationships in the entire franchise. So good...
This just reminded me of how much I liked
Lucy and the Engineers in Onyx
in Glasslands.

I hope Halo 4 has engineers. And that they're the adorable looking Vergil-type Engineers and not the ones with those spiky bombs on their backs. :/

TheOddOne

Wrong: nanomachines.

Therefore, aliens.
Aka Chief went through Elzar's sexual hazing ritual. One of the reasons Cortana is going rampant, it's the horror and abuse she could not take during the tortuous ritual. Chief liked it though, Elzar smiled the whole time.

Also, words have magic. Cocaine.

No, it is Mark VI upgraded by Cortana.
I get that but Halopedia said somewhat differently... Yes I know she used Nano Tech. Wizardry.
Are you talking about Halo Nation? Halopedia makes it clear that it is an upgraded variant of Mark VI. Don't use Halo Nation.
No I don't use that source. Yes Halopedia said Mk VI Variant [?], but has Mk VII there as well. If new intel states it very clearly that its Mk VI variant [?] or Mk VII, then its final.

Slaker117

Murder Miners was pretty fun. Obviously not as polished as bigger games, and spawns are kinda fucked, but simple chaotic gunplay with a bit of minecraft works well. Also, I still suck at Reach.

Thanks for the games everyone.

senador

Banned
So which one is Louis Wu? In my head I say LOO-IS.

Makes me cringe every time!

--

Playing Murder Miners reminds me of when Forge was pushed as a sort of "RTS FPS" mode for Halo 3. Remember that?

Didn't work at ALL.

They kinda pushed it as that for Halo Reach too.

YxBPq.jpg

Just letting everyone know:
Also, murder miners is fun, albeit VERY rough around the edges. Looking forward to updates.

Yeah, rough around the edges seems like the right phrase to use. I liked it though, and will play it again. I wish I had a better understanding of the miner gun thing.

Thanks for the games everyone.
Good Games! Except you Spiderman. Your Uncle Ben would be ashamed.

Ramirez

Who's running through Halo 4 campaign solo their first time?

It's usually been a tradition for me to go solo with my first playthrough, but I thought it'd be fun to mix things up a bit so Thermite and I are playing it for our first playthrough. So stoked.

But Thermight told me Halo 4 looked like a turd and he wasn't buying it!

oh yeah and props to shake appeal for those truth bombs earlier today.

I don't know where he finds the time to write truth bombs in between his Bnet Reach guides!

So.. if Joystiq is putting these pics up, either GI is gunna be mad or it doesnt matter anymore so...

dat incinerator cannon

ZjW9Y.jpg

joystiq took from AGB, which is never legit, but idk, ill edit out if I have to
AGB link http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/09/halo-4-promethean-enemies-and-weapons.html

I like the look of that gun, but as Dani said on the last page.. they just leave a little bit to be desired when it comes to visual identity. All the weapons are grey with orange lights. All the enemies are grey with orange lights. All the knights use the same base model with minor variations to their "cape" melee weapon and mask. Oh and the orange lights vary. But thats it. At least the Crawlers have some variation...but they are all grey. Blah.

Why not experiment with different shades of grey, white, silver, etc. Some ivory or hell, some obsidian to keep things fresh. I know the Forerunners namely built with neutral colors, but there could still be some variation. And when it comes to Forerunner designs, the Knights seem to be a step away from their sleek, otherworldly style.

GhaleonEB

Imagine you have all the Promeathean guns on the ground next to each other. All that indistinguishable grey.

The Covie weapons all had pretty unique or distinctive outlines, colours and features - but all the Prom weapons like grey and exactly alike.

Promoethean weapons are like the Forge maps of the weapons sandbox.

I like the look of that gun, but as Dani said on the last page.. they just leave a little bit to be desired when it comes to visual identity. All the weapons are grey with orange lights. All the enemies are grey with orange lights. All the knights use the same base model with minor variations to their "cape" melee weapon and mask. Oh and the orange lights vary. But thats it. At least the Crawlers have some variation...but they are all grey. Blah.
In videos and in person playing, I couldn't tell what was what. I remember seeing a text box pop up telling you what a weapon was when you got close, but I can't remember if that was in the PAX build or not. If it's in, then I suspect much of the reason why is to distinguish those similar weapons from one another.

unfortunately true story bro.

there really is not a lot of distinguishment : /

My biggest problem with the reach shotgun was that it was really hard to tell if someone was using it or just the AR, in Halo 3 it seemed like the entire Spartan stance changed, it was really clear and so really easy to know who to keep your distance from.

I guess my point is, I hope it's clear what promethean weapon people are holding.

Also why is everything called promethean and not forerunner?

FyreWulff

In videos and in person playing, I couldn't tell what was what. I remember seeing a text box pop up telling you what a weapon was when you got close, but I can't remember if that was in the PAX build or not. If it's in, then I suspect much of the reason why is to distinguish those similar weapons from one another.

If you think about it, an issue with game graphics complexity increasing is it gets harder to visually ID weapons against the background. Previously, Bungie 'cheated' the weapon models and made them bigger than they actually were while they were on the ground so they'd be easier to see. The waypoints seem to say "HEY, THERE'S A WEAPON OVER HERE. YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN PICKING IT UP" without waiting for the "Press RB to Pick Up < >" to appear.

Hopefully they don't make splitscreen a UX clusterfuck.

Top Bottom