• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

nillapuddin

GameStop on Ocala's out? Like I said, that's where I'll be on November 5th.

Im pickin up groceries tmrw, Im gunna see if I can find an intelligent being in the game section at walmart and see what the deal is
wont be able to find an intelligent being

If not idk dude, I might be slumming it with you at GS pickin up a standard edition

Ryaaan14

Banned
Im pickin up groceries tmrw, Im gunna see if I can find an intelligent being in the game section at walmart and see what the deal is

If not idk dude, I might be slumming it with you at GS pickin up a standard edition
They have the pre-order cards in the game display cases. Just find the Halo 4 one and have someone get it out for you.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member

It would seem for once my blind devotion to just pre order the LE edition when it was first announced has paid off.... Now to just finish paying it off and I'm all set for launch day.

I feel sorry for those that will miss out.

m23

Just about six weeks to go, I usually pre-order around this time but good thing I chose to go earlier this time. I would have really felt like crap if I wasn't able to get the LE this time around, even if most of the stuff is digital.

Off topic but recently completed Witcher 2, great game and awesome cutscene after the credits.

343 we need a legendary ending again.

Enfinit

GS is were all the kool kids are man.

Swarmerr

I doubt the game will have a ranking system.

Would be a shame.

edit: I will not the preoder halo 4 until I hear info about a skill based rank system. Honestly I don't know what I will do if halo 4 doesn't have a rank system. I guess I will cross that bridge when it gets there.

I'm considering attempting to acquire all the pre-order and SKU exclusive disc-locked content in Halo 4. Somebody stop me (or give me some guidance as to what exactly I should not bother collecting *cough* Stinkles *cough* lybertyboy *cough* pls).
I'm considering attempting to acquire all the pre-order and SKU exclusive disc-locked content in Halo 4. Somebody stop me (or give me some guidance as to what exactly I should not bother collecting *cough* Stinkles *cough* lybertyboy *cough* pls).
Why don't we know this yet?

Duji

Has anyone even talked about the weapon drop system?

It looks really, really random despite the so called "predetermined locations."

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
My plan for midnight launch: Show up at 11:55, pay off the game, get in line for 10 minutes.

Store here in Encinitas (north county san diego) is pretty good about getting the line through.

m23

For midnight launch, plan is for a bunch of friends to come and line up. We all preordered downtown so there should be some events going on while waiting for midnight. The EB Games we are going to held a tournament for Gears 3 at midnight launch, so I hope they do the same for Halo 4. Last time they held a Halo one was for anniversary, and we scored legendary edtions for Halo 3 and Reach for each of us.

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Should have played more Arena.

I'm assuming you are serious here... but yup. Anyone that complains about Arena/ranking then played TS I will never fully understand.....

Didn't Bungie reveal the Arena like 5 months before Reach came out?

...on the other hand, 2 years later your average player still doesn't know how Arena works. Hell, I consider myself fairly well informed- but it took me 2 seasons to fully grasp how the system works. I remember reading a bulletin before Reach's release about how the improved matchmaking system could accurately rank you in around 10 games. I played 30 games, was rated silver and figured I was locked in.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really hope Gamestop has some Halo 4 kiosks set up for the launch.

Although a lot of my November 5th will be playing Vanilla Team Slayer on Reach.

It's always darkest before the dawn

Ryaaan14

Banned
For launch I'll be slamming a couple beers and then heading to my Wal Mart a block away to form the line at 11pm. My guess is about 15 meth heads will show up at 11:50 and stand behind me talking shit.

My horrible city is filled with lowlife drug addicts that don't ever buy AAA games at midnight.

I just fucking hope to god they have the LE there.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm cancelling my LE pre-order. I can get the standard edition for $49 at midnight, and then I'll get a season pass, too.

JackHerer

I pre-ordered my LE a while ago from Amazon but I will probably do what I did for Reach and pre-order another at the gamestop a couple blocks away from me (or maybe Best Buy if they have a midnight release) so I can get it at midnight. I'll give my extra copy to a family member most likely.

Would be cool if they did a launch event here in NYC.

For midnight launch, i'm getting out of a class at 8:30 and then heading straight to Gamestop and hopefully I secure a good spot on the line. Halo launches get pretty crazy where I live.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Off Topic; Well isn't this annoying - The rechargable battery on my controller isn't taking a charge anymore. I really can't tell if it's the Recharge cable, the battery itself, or the controller dying (It's one of those silly greyscale ones with the lockable D-pad)

On Topic; Looks like I'm getting a Halo 4 controller.

Funny thing about LOCUS... looks a lot like this gem from DOOM 3...

327_max.jpg

Anyone wanna take a guess at who the Art Director was on that game?

Kenneth Scott

Ryaaan14

Banned
Off Topic; Well isn't this annoying - The rechargable battery on my controller isn't taking a charge anymore. I really can't tell if it's the Recharge cable, the battery itself, or the controller dying (It's one of those silly greyscale ones with the lockable D-pad)

On Topic; Looks like I'm getting a Halo 4 controller.
That's normal. Has happened to 3 of my charge & play kits. Sucks.

willow ve

I'm assuming you are serious here... but yup. Anyone that complains about Arena/ranking then played TS I will never fully understand.....

On the other hand, at some point, you realize how broken Arena was and you don't subject yourself to torture anymore.

...on the other hand, 2 years later average player still doesn't know how Arena works. Hell, I consider myself fairly well informed- but it took me 2 seasons to fully grasp how the system works. I remember reading a bulletin before Reach's release about how the improved matchmaking system could accurately rank you in around 10 games. I played 30 games, was rated silver and figured I was locked in.

And they changed the formula at least once (in a major way), kept the old visual daily number rank in place even though it meant nothing, and then changed the length of seasons on top of that. It was a cluster of bad ideas, put into an individual multiplayer hopper, that ultimately was dead on arrival.

Halo 4 should just have Social Slayer (guests allowed, 4v4) and Team Slayer (ranked, no guests). Calling it "ranked slayer" or "ultimate slayer" or whatever dumb adjective a PR guy thinks will inspire players to play is a waste. Just call it Team Slayer and be done with it.

and FFS please make full parties match with full parties

I'm so glad I pre-ordered the LE when I did. Seeing how the LE is selling out everywhere...

Anyway, I'm pretty much doing what I do for every Halo release: Going to GameStop like 2 hours before midnight, wait in line with my best buds, get the game, and rush home to play co-op campaign until we beat it.

On the other hand, at some point, you realize how broken Arena was and you don't subject yourself to torture anymore.

And they changed the formula at least once (in a major way), kept the old visual daily number rank in place even though it meant nothing, and then changed the length of seasons on top of that. It was a cluster of bad ideas, put into an individual multiplayer hopper, that ultimately was dead on arrival.

Halo 4 should just have Social Slayer (guests allowed, 4v4) and Team Slayer (ranked, no guests). Calling it "ranked slayer" or "ultimate slayer" or whatever dumb adjective a PR guy thinks will inspire players to play is a waste. Just call it Team Slayer and be done with it.

and FFS please make full parties match with full parties
Super slayer.

CyReN

I like how some people are saying that a ranking system will make or break the game.

It's a important factor for a lot of gamers, I would probably still be playing Halo Reach if it had ranks right now. It isn't life or death for a game, but it gives it a hell of a push for me to get on at least.

DeadNames

Banned
It's a important factor for a lot of gamers, I would probably still be playing Halo Reach if it had ranks right now.

Really? I thought most people stopped playing it because of the terrible launch maps, bloom, slow strafe, terrible implementation of AAs, etc.

But hey, I guess I'm wrong.

It's a huge feature.

Yeah, but I'm talking the difference between BEST GAME EVER! and worst game ever made.

As long as the game is fun, I'll play it.

Tawpgun

Really? I thought most people stopped playing it because of the terrible launch maps, bloom, slow strafe, terrible implementation of AAs, etc.

Cool thing about the ranking system is it just adds to the motive and incentive to playing.

If Reach had a solid ranking system I might be willing to play through all that horseshit.

Swarmerr

I like how some people are saying that a ranking system will make or break the game.

It does for me. I don't like being matched will billy bob joe who just decided to play his first game of halo... After I have already been playing for a 6 months..

It's a important factor for a lot of gamers, I would probably still be playing Halo Reach if it had ranks right now. It isn't life or death for a game, but it gives it a hell of a push for me to get on at least.

This. Except I know that without ranks I will grow tired and bored of halo 4 matchmaking to the point I will probably stop playing.

It allowed me to play through halo 3's terrible netcode for more than 2 years. Hell I still play halo 3 ranked matchmaking over reach willingly.

Top Bottom