• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yes, because turning around after wiping the other team off one side of the map is so hard to comprehend. I sure as hell fucking enjoyed getting spawnsniped because the map was spawnstarved.

The Narrows overhaul saved that map.

Lol as a forger you should know it's not like that. It's much more complex.

JaggedSac

Don't diss.
bawsplasma.png

I blocked my name out because that account name is absolutely terrible and I would get ripped if anyone saw it.

Yeah I failed. But fixed now.

Your name was very easily found by looking at one of the other gamertag's basic training matches on Guardian.

.... don't post the name... please?

lol, get rid of that picture or delete all of their names

TheOddOne

I just had a dream about Halo 4... it was weird as fuck though. I was only playing the last level, apparently. Let me try and note everything.

• Cortana was there in physical form and was a co-op person buddy thing.
  • If she got within a certain radius to water, she'd turn into a mermaid. Getting her close to land would reverse it.
  • Chief and Cortana had somehow acquired mild telekinesis. It's basically limited to throwing grenades. Chief had to have his telekinesis "on" for Cortana to even use hers.
  • There was an enemy that looked really fucking weird. Kind of like a Locust mixed with the description of a Precursor, but in Gears of War armor. Getting hit in close proximity with a grenade turned its face bigger and red.
  • There was an enemy human faction hunting down Chief and Cortana; they had a small dropship with an orange (rather than the reddish-orange color the Prometheans use), gray, and white color scheme.
  • When they had found Chief and Cortana, they sent a zipline down and had a few helmetless Spartans come down to try and get us.
  • We were trying to get to ?'s house. The name ended in -ei. Zwei?
  • I had joined a friend's Campaign game first and we were heading down a staircase shooting a few of those similar Locust/Precursor enemies. Not a Forerunner staircase; it was like a human apartment complex and it was raining. My co-op buddy had to leave so I restarted the mission though.
  • You could swap grenades with Kinect and Chief mirrored the action in-game. Hold out your front-facing fist to initiate it. Index finger up for frags, index + middle for plasmas, index + middle + thumb for pulses.
  • Chief could swim! And climb onto stuff using ledges a la Crysis.

fix your shit 343
will_you_marry_me.jpg

Halo 3 was one of those experiences that I'm still trying to find something to top it. It was like a perfect storm of good gameplay & having an amazing crew to play with every single night for years.

10K games of the retail version, over a 1,000 of the beta, safe to say, I really enjoyed it. RIP Beta Carbine.

Halo 3 spawned posts like this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16169460&postcount=97604

Reach killed this community's spirit!

Bless you Halo 3, and here's to hoping Halo 4 can get us back to that place. :)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/EazyB/Games/Metrowned-1.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
some good stuff there, amazing how some things never change:

[quote]Sai-kun - Sai kun - Guaranteed to have a crush on multiple members of HaloGAF[/quote]
[quote]kylej - jelyk - has nothing better to do than play the shit out a game he thinks is shit, then complain about it[/quote]

also my first Halo 3 game was Basic Training Slayer on Guardian, won with +8 and ToD was spiker with 12 kills. wtf.

blamite

Too many times have I said this throughout Halo's history..

lolwut. Beast.

That Plasma Grenade at ~40 secs lol

OT but blamite, would you recommend MLP? I've heard hilarious things about it ;]
Haha, thanks. Fun fact, back when Waypoint did top 5 videos, that clip got used in one of the last episodes.

As for MLP, I'd say it's worth at least taking a look at. It's not to everyone's tastes but i find it pretty fun. Maybe check out the Community OT?

willow ve

First game of Halo 3.

Social Slayer - Shotty Snipers on Valhalla - game ended early at 13 to 7

My team won, I was 2-3-2 during the match.

FyreWulff

Lol as a forger you should know it's not like that. It's much more complex.

As a Forger it makes no sense to lock people to a certain part of the map unless it's to make Objectives work. In Slayer, I shouldn't be locked to a small part of the map because I'm not defending an objective, player, or location. Teammates should spawn close to each other, out of danger, and with more than one exit out of their spawn.

Players should be spawned safely and in a way where they can regroup and attack, not in a way where they get spawned and die within 3 seconds because the other team was able to set up a spawn trap because they can't spawn on the vast open spawns on the other part of the map.

Narrows is not big enough nor has enough player pathing to support sidelocked spawns in Slayer. A notable amount of people seem to want sidelocked spawns on smaller maps just so they can have the chance to set up a trap and get easy stomps. These same people, of course, come into this thread and on Waypoint and HBO and complain when it's done to them.

As it stands, it's fairly easy to set up a trap on OG Narrows where the other team always spawns behind their mancannon. Yeah, have fun killing the sniper across at the other cannon or the BR on top mid. Take the mancannon where you're a sitting duck on a fixed path as you fly across. Just swell, AAA gaming right there. Amongst the ranks of CTF Zealot, 1 Flag Burial Mounds, and sidelocked Tempest. I really enjoy when enemy players sit on top of the rocks in my base and kill me before I can get more than one shot in on that one. Apparently it's too fucking hard for players to figure out that once they kill the other team on one side of the map, that team is now going to spawn safely on the other side of the map, so push that joystick until you done turn 'round and get ready for the next battle. You can have a world class spawn system and it doesn't mean a goddamn thing if people pour sand and concrete into the engine.

If a map is going to be sidelocked then it better damn well be able to actually support it.

I still wish Halo 4 would use a mix of both on map weapons and powerups as well as the Ordnance system. Maybe allowing the on map variants to cycle a bit, or have them less common than the weapon drops, but still allowing the maps to have certain focal and control points. The new system isn't bad, I feel it would be great mixed with the old though.

You would be correct. Does not ship to the United States.

It's a possibility, they still have 2 more reveals. Currently that helmet is not available as a preorder bonus for any retailer in the United States.
I'm holding on to the hope that the only thing that's retailer exclusive are the skins and emblems.

Halo 3 was one of those experiences that I'm still trying to find something to top it. It was like a perfect storm of good gameplay & having an amazing crew to play with every single night for years.

10K games of the retail version, over a 1,000 of the beta, safe to say, I really enjoyed it. RIP Beta Carbine.

haha, there are some hilarious tags in that post.
"Made a Foundry map and got recon for it, hasn't done anything noteworthy since"

IHaveIce

Banned

Metrowned-1.gif

lol the list is great, laughed at kylej and juices

I think I somehow avoided Team Training by playing splitscreen. My first game was Big Team Social with Krow getting 14 kills and me getting 13. I went -1 overall but had 10 assists. Thank you for the assists Halo 3 :,(

ITz DarkBR MDK isn't THAT bad, but nuoh my gawd if anyone found out my original tag somehow I would leave the forum out of sheer embarrasment.

Honestly, the people who would judge you off a name from years ago are the same people you shouldn't give two shits about (their opinions at least). I have a little faith in this place that no one would scrutinize you publicly for a foolish name..

No I don't.

Ramirez

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c300/orochinagis/halo3_75432320_Full.jpg[/IMG

Ah,the good old melee[/QUOTE]

If I tried that gif in Reach, my feet would have gotten caught in Metroid's face, I would have fell down and been assassinated. SMH

The way you're freaking out over the old name almost assures me it was racist or homophobic.

GhaleonEB

My first Halo 3 game was Slayer, Basic Training, on Snowbound.

11 kills, 17 deaths, 3rd place finish (of four players). AR and Brute Shot (!!) tied as TOD with three kills each.

It doesn't show me touching multilayer until November, which seems weird, but might actually be correct. I played Campaign through on Heroic, solo, and then Legendary solo first, and those stats are recorded correctly from the 25th onward.

My plan is the same for Halo 4, though I may dabble in Spartan Ops between runs.

Kujo

Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I just wanted to say how much I hate the gamertag PuR3 TaLenTzZz

Did you really need 3 'z's? One 'z' is too much

That is all

Talents

Banned
Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but I just wanted to say how much I hate the gamertag PuR3 TaLenTzZz

Did you really need 3 'z's? One 'z' is too much

That is all

I wouldn't have any 'Z's if the GT 'Talents' or PuRE/PuR3 Talents was avaliable, but they were both taken. and I'm not sure but I think PuR3 Talentzzz with 1 and 2 z's were taken aswell, and I freaking suck at choosing names.

Let's hear it.

Hell no. I'm not even kidding this makes ILUVPONIESANDPOKEMONAND(insert child cartoon here) look good for a gamertag.

Did you need 'Pure' in it?

No... but seriously, I am absolutely pathetic of thinking of names.

Top Bottom