• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
http://puu.sh/19i0e[img]

Looks like development on Halo 5 starts tomorrow.

[spoiler]Or Halo 2 Anniversary.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
Assuming the first season of Spartan Ops is good, I can't wait to see what we'll get out of future seasons. I hope they have the flexibility to be creative and break away from Halo norms a bit, like Bungie did with ODST.

JackHerer

Theatre, ranks, other maps...

Theater I'm kind of assuming will be the same with maybe a few updates (rewind feature? other POVs?). Ranks would be nice but I don't think a leak would reveal that, would it? Other maps I want to know about but also kind of like leaving a few as a surprise. Campaign I've got my fill of.

Anybody else get an email from xbox with an add for the Promethean Weapons trailer? Cause when I opened the email a few Forerunner symbols flashed over the image before disappearing. My first though was that they may have a small ARG starting.

uOQ6S.png

to

qL5OW.png

a bunch more flash all over but I cant really catch em.

Few more:
MQDwp.png

fleVm.png

JackHerer

I almost want to say bring on the leaks but on the other hand I feel like 343 has been pretty generous recently in showing off the game and there isn't too much else that I am really dying to see before launch.

The one thing I think we really could use some more info on is Forge and its 3 environments.
What?

We've gotten at least one video every week for the past 3 weeks including 2 new maps and 2 new game types revealed. Last week was a huge info dump. This week we got a campaign demo streamed.

That's a lot of stuff that we've been shown in the past few weeks. That's all I was trying to say.

Of course if they have some more modes to reveal I'd love to see that. Maybe some oddball footage? Assault? (if it's in the game)

DeadNames

Banned
We've gotten at least one video every week for the past 3 weeks including 2 new maps and 2 new game types revealed. Last week was a huge info dump. This week we got a campaign demo streamed.

That's a lot of stuff that we've been shown in the past few weeks. That's all I was trying to say.

Of course if they have some more modes to reveal I'd love to see that. Maybe some oddball footage? Assault? (if it's in the game)

I'd say Assault is in the game.

I don't really like, but I'd still be pretty sad that it's gone, considering BTB is my go-to playlist.

GhaleonEB

I don't really like, but I'd still be pretty sad that it's gone, considering BTB is my go-to playlist.

Based on what? Grifball was switched to Oddball. Given the way each game type has been refined and expanded, I'd be surprised if it made the cut given the similarities to CTF.

^ I really hope Assault has not been cut, that would suck...especially with its potential to be mixed with Dominion.

YES PLEASE.

This also showed up in the Promethean weapons trailer:

jUyEa.png

Googling it there seems to be a thread at Halo Waypoint, here are some pics from it:

Q89A6.jpg

http://image.engage.xbox.com/lib/feca167070610c7c/m/4/cb2-5_Halo4_09W4_glitch.gif

http://image.engage.xbox.com/lib/feca167070610c7c/m/4/cb2-5_Fable_09W4_glitch.gif

http://image.engage.xbox.com/lib/feca167070610c7c/m/4/cb2-5_Horizon_09W4_glitch.gif

Who knows if its anything or not though, that ESPN thing led to nothing.

JackHerer

I love me some neutral bomb. Although if they gave it the CTF treatment and put a waypoint over the bomb carrier's head it would be pretty much ruined.

Well, I don't know.

It just HAS to be in.

Right?

right?

I sure hope so. Since CTF is going to be a 2-sided objective game in H4, I think Neutral Assault would be a great change-up.

Sadly, though- I'm fearing it's gone as well. You'd like to think it would have been mentioned by now.

Fotos

I hope there's double xp with it, loved the weekend events in h3. Jackpots don't do it for me.

im not joking btw.

Jackpots piss me off. Spent 6 hours once playing Super Slayer trying to get the jackpot to rank up to Field Marshall. Finally got it at 11:58 pm on Sunday. I was so excited but when I went on Waypoint to look it said it didn't load so I went back on Reach to find out it didn't count.

m23

Since I will make it a daily habit until answered..

Disc 2?

Frankie mentioned that its nothing special and pretty obvious. It is most likely multiplayer, and I think it was hinted at that you can install the second disc and play off the first.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
and the most important thing about October 1st is it's my gf birthday!

Get her a bread maker for her birthday. You know, for better sandwich making.

Also, congrats on finding a girl that will let you put your penis in her.

lolz for real. Diet Mountain Dew or bust. Bring on those H4 Doritoes though

Love me some diet dew, and completely agree about the chemically engineered tortilla chips.

I thought this was already
un
officially answered a couple pages back. Frankie basically said that Ghaleon nailed it.

I would believe so - basically an optional way for people to not have to swap out discs to go from MP to Campaign

Here you go

Frank confirms two discs

Frankie in Eurogamer article said:
Unlike previous Halo games, Halo 4 runs natively in 720p resolution and comes on two discs.

I hope there's double xp with it, loved the weekend events in h3. Jackpots don't do it for me.

im not joking btw.
I agree. Weekend "event" playlists would also be a great way to offer variety while keeping the general MP population strong in the standard playlists. During Halo 3's reign I thought Bungie missed opportunities to refresh the game with those weekend playlists. Felt like it was always Infection.

blamite

oshit

I love me some Game Fuel, but the idea of getting double XP in Halo like this just turns me off. SR 1-50 better be pretty long, or else I have a feeling the LE's early specializations, on top of this double XP (which I'll get a ton of since Game Fuel is awesome), will mean I'll get through the ranks much faster than in Reach. Hopefully this isn't the case, I want to be having worthwhile progression at least a year and a half from launch.

willow ve

Game has officially gone gold -- so now it's time for development on the day 1 patch?

Mountain Dew is gross.

Semi-agree. Drank massive loads in my younger years; now I can't seem to see the point in any beverage that has calories unless those calories include alcohol. Will there be a diet Dew double XP drink?

Hurray for Game Fuel!

I will drink Mountain Dew until I hit level 50.

We still have no idea how long the progression system is "supposed" to take do we? I say supposed because I'm sure there will be glitches, tricks, etc., that allow you to net massive credits off the bat that are only patched/banned a few months into the game.

Top Bottom