• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Smokey

so what is going on with reach at this conference?

it is so hard to keep up with stuff especially for those of us who have to work :/

now i'm reading something about reach in 3d? wat?

Ramirez

Smokey said:
so what is going on with reach at this conference?

it is so hard to keep up with stuff especially for those of us who have to work :/

now i'm reading something about reach in 3d? wat?

Just something they did for the show I think...nothing has been revealed aside from the firefight map and campaign matchmaking.

EazyB said:
Didn't bother watching the campaign intro video. Seeing the ODST intro kinda destroyed the "OMFG it's a new Halo" feel when I had to sit through a bunch of content I'd already seen in video before getting to new shit.

Awww. I was all geared up to watch this... And then you had to go and make a good point :lol

I don't think I'm gonna watch the intro now too - the beginning of ODST was kind of boring because I had seen it in all of the demos.

Oozer3993

Deadly Cyclone said:
So are there any more AAs, weapons, or vehicles yet to be shown for multiplayer?

Falagard said:
I'm pretty sure we've seen all there is to see for AAs, weapons and vehicles. There's a blue tracking plasma weapon we've seen in videos but I think it's just a plasma pistol, plasma rifle, or concussion rifle.

EDIT: Ok maybe not. Wired just had to be all fancy shmancy and use the proper name of the Plasma Launcher to screw me up.

Wired said:
The Type-52 Guided Munitions Launcher/Explosive (Halo Reach, 2010)
This egregious piece of arm candy spews four bolts of doom per trigger- squeeze. The projectiles are homing grenades that stick to foes. Grab it and watch your enemies blow up.

Ramirez

Cuban Legend said:
I don't understand how people could spoil the intro to the game for themselves...

Well if you watched the VGA's you've already seen most of it.

Isn't that quote talking about the Plasma Launcher?

Roche

Now, it's certainly possible that this was revealed already and I missed it, but I would like to think I would have heard about something this awesome. It could be just a miscommunication, but if that were so I don't think we'd have a full military name for the gun.

Sounds like the Plasma Launcher to me just with a fancy name.

Falagard

Oozer3993 said:
Maybe there are:

From a Wired article about BFGs. Now, it's certainly possible that this was revealed already and I missed it, but I would like to think I would have heard about something this awesome. It could be just a miscommunication, but if that were so I don't think we'd have a full military name for the gun.

That's the Plasma Launcher.

Oozer3993

Ramirez said:

Crap, you're right. I didn't think Covenant weapons got military type names like that, so I was thrown for a loop.

ManCannon

squidhands said:
Please no more 3D, even for a show gimmick. I'm already sick of it, and I never even saw Avatar at the theater. bleh

There is no 3D Reach. This is a marketing gimmick here at Gamescom - it's a Reach VIDEO running on a Samsung 3D TV.

LOL at people thinking I'd leave a full mission list in the menu for this booth demo. :) I told you I literally wasn't allowed to shoot anything. Best part was getting the crowd fired up as a turned on every skull, chose Legendary difficulty.. and then did a demo that involved zero combat. (in all fairness that was Luke's idea and it was awesome)

Ramirez

ManCannon said:
There is no 3D Reach. This is a marketing gimmick here at Gamescom - it's a Reach VIDEO running on a Samsung 3D TV.

LOL at people thinking I'd leave a full mission list in the menu for this booth demo. :) I told you I literally wasn't allowed to shoot anything. Best part was getting the crowd fired up as a turned on every skull, chose Legendary difficulty.. and then did a demo that involved zero combat. (in all fairness that was Luke's idea and it was awesome)

:lol

Ramirez said:

I'm sure if I knew the VGA's reveal trailer was going to be part of the final game's intro, I would not have watched it.

I believed the VGA's Reveal trailer was along the lines of the H3 Reveal trailer. It's meant to Reveal the game, not spoil something you know is from the plot.

/imacrybabywaaaah

MrBig

ManCannon said:
:lol :lol
Are the skulls all available from the start like in ODST or do you have to find them?

Muffdraul

Cuban Legend said:
I don't understand how people could spoil the intro to the game for themselves...

If you've been watching trailers and vidocs up to now, you've already seen a lot of the intro... though it has been tweaked a bit in the final.

big ander

The Wise Old Man said:
Sweet fancy moses, now we're all in a tither over campaign matchmaking? Something we already 99.99% knew existed back when the beta came out? For christsakes, this is worse than the frenetic excitement that errupted here yesterday when video footage emerged of a grunt hopping over a wall. I'm telling you loopy bastards, you're setting the bar way too low for this game...
If you think this is frenetic excitement, you have not been in many Halo threads.

Cuban Legend said:
As somebody said, most of it was already at the VGAs. It's the first thing I'll see anyway, so it's actually less spoiler-y than the trailers that jump around and show out-of-context scenes that I could end up figuring out.

Thanks for that video too, Blim.
Major Williams said:
Interesting -

I was watching the 5 minute firefight video Bungie just released:

@ 24 seconds, when the player switched to his pistol for the first time, he actually pulls the slide/hammer back

then @ 40 seconds, the second time he pulls out his pistol, he only turns off the safety (different animation).

Pretty cool details.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_LHQoVyxU&feature=sub
Yeah, the "first load up" animations are awesome.

ManCannon said:
There aren't skulls to find, but if you choose to explore, we'll make it worth your while.
Audio Logs 2.0 confirmed

ManCannon said:

r74tqc.jpg

Indeed. :lol

ManCannon said:
There aren't skulls to find, but if you choose to explore, we'll make it worth your while.

I liked finding skulls. =(

That said, if we get cool stuff like audio-logs or terminals Ill be happy. I just always liked unlocking stuff like grunt birthday party.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Major Williams said:
Interesting -

I was watching the 5 minute firefight video Bungie just released:

@ 24 seconds, when the player switched to his pistol for the first time, he actually pulls the slide/hammer back

then @ 40 seconds, the second time he pulls out his pistol, he only turns off the safety (different animation).

Pretty cool details.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_LHQoVyxU&feature=sub

That's the same animation you will get every time you would need to chamber a round. If you empty the magazine in a weapon when you reload you will need to chamber a round so you will get that animation. It isn't limited to just when you pick it up, at least I would hope not. Many games already do this, that's why the animation is different. It's actually realistic.

ElRenoRaven

ManCannon said:

Schweeeeet!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say exploring the environment of the games was always awesome fun. The hidden little eggs, even the non egg stuff hidden around. It's just fun as hell.

GhaleonEB said:
:)

And now for a seven hour car drive...
Headed to PAX? Is it this weekend?

If so have fun man! Long drives aren't really that fun, unless you have a bunch of new music you haven't heard.

Alienshogun said:
That's the same animation you will get every time you would need to chamber a round. If you empty the magazine in a weapon when you reload you will need to chamber a round so you will get that animation. It isn't limited to just when you pick it up, at least I would hope not. Many games already do this, that's why the animation is different. It's actually realistic.
Yeah, I was more appreciating it I guess. I never really have noticed it (never really paid attention), but I was rather alert this morning when watching it I guess.

Oozer3993 said:
I demand an army of dancing Martys.

Halsey Video Journals confirmed.
Jaw dropped at the possibility of this.

BELIEVE.

I really wonder what it's gonna be though. An introspective Halsey journal to the purpose and whereabouts of missing spartans would be super interesting. Maybe even a cataloging of various missions she's heard of, and various Forerunner relics she's come across.

Part 2 of that Gamersyde vid the guy says Halo Reach's environments are now conducive to exploration! YAY. I was hoping for Halo CE like exploration. And Mancannons post makes it that much sweeter.

MrBig

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Part 2 of that Gamersyde vid the guy says Halo Reach's environments are now conducive to exploration! YAY. I was hoping for Halo CE like exploration. And Mancannons post makes it that much sweeter.
Link?

Doodis

Foxy Fox 39 said:
This guy and that guy are one guy.

ManCannon said:
That's what I figured, thanks for the confirmation.
ManCannon said:
You guys have made the campaign of my dreams, and I didn't even dream it yet!

GhaleonEB said:
:)

And now for a seven hour car drive...
Lucky bastard. Bungie needs to come to Texas, and not to just lecture me about writing. :D

Top Bottom