• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

feel

Ramirez said:
Poor Starlit, the DPM that guy receives is astronomical, who is he on GAF anyways?
Darkflight.

electricpirate said:
Are you sure you don't mean the ghosting visual effect that was distracting and annoying?
I did mean the second reticule that tells you where to aim non hitscan weapons. But that could be it, I might have read about the ghosting removal, and gotten it mixed up.

Schmitty said:
Well it's not the HaloGaf beta montage, but I did one myself recounting some of my cool moments from Halo 3. I always wanted to do this before Reach came out. Tell me what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu87Kyr5sn0
Nice, I enjoyed watching it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The Fall of Reach re-release comes out today. (Sorry if posted)

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us//transmissions/article/2010-08-03--The-Fall-of-Reach-In-Stores-Now

The new Tor trade paperback edition will serve as the definitive version of the novel that started Halo fans reading the series, and features brand-new material, including:
• Excerpts of Office of Naval Intelligence interrogations of the Covenant.
• Missives and mandates issued by the Covenant
• Declassified transmissions regarding the defense of Reach
• A personal insight into the Spartan program
• The Official Evacuation Order for all inhabitants of Reach.
• Five sketches of cover art by 343 Industries artist, Robogabo.

Halo-Fall-of-Reach-TP-small.jpg

Schmitty

Ramirez said:
Poor Starlit, the DPM that guy receives is astronomical, who is he on GAF anyways?
I know I'm so sorry Darkflight! Those 2 were from the other night of customs :lol

I need like a few more to fill the video and those worked well :D

SpudBud

Deadly Cyclone said:

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us//transmissions/article/2010-08-03--The-Fall-of-Reach-In-Stores-Now

The new Tor trade paperback edition will serve as the definitive version of the novel that started Halo fans reading the series, and features brand-new material, including:

Halo-Fall-of-Reach-TP-small.jpg
I like the new cover art. I gonna have to pick this up sooner or later.

Deadly Cyclone said:

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/transmissions/article/Halo-Fall-of-Reach-TP-small.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Whoa. This came out today? I'm going to go out and buy it right now.

SpudBud said:
I like the new cover art.
If the change from the old cover (tacky videogame licensed tie-in 14 year-olds do buy!!) to the new (genuinely indistinguishable from other 'legit' sci-fi titles) is indicative of how Frankie/343/whoever are going to handle the Halo franchise in future, everything is going to be fine.

urk said:
Who said there wouldn't be some news today?

Nobody. But no news yet = newsless. I need some vids of a new level or something to pick me up!

Edit: And the great thing about Halo art is that with the right artists, they have the ability to feed off of years of Bungie's visual development in characters, gear, and worlds. So Halo cover done right (can be) > typical scifi cover.

Cocopjojo said:
Actually, yes. :lol
Speaking of Mr. Jojo, I was watching the stuff that voc voices for Waypoint and I highly enjoy it - other ways to play campaign.

Are you gonna do any features? We need some sweet southern accent in that business. Seeing how you were the level designer breakdown guy for AJ, you should do something similar with either developer commentary or just insight for a few of the levels in the campaigns/multiplayer.

I like the new cover, the new assault rifle looks good.

By the way, I finally managed to transfer the drm for the beta file, now I'm able to watch my saved files again!

Now let's see if some news pop up.

Hydranockz said:
Reusing the same thing 3 times is perhaps a good software tehnique but it looks sad on the book :p
Heh, good point. Speaking of which, Manathen picked up First Strike yesterday.
My power over her grows stronger still :lol

Kibbles

True Underdog said:
Is he talking about the Incompetent Cartographer series? How can you complain about that? He'd rather have urk put out nothing? I think it's awesome seeing the map-making process and seeing a noob like urk build something actually good looking. =P He must be trollin along.

Lazslo

Does anyone know if there was any noticeable changes made to the Active Roster? Goddamn I miss that thing. There are some changes that could of made it better, off the top of my head I can think of being able to see an entire party, not just your friends in that specific party.
I think someone back during the beta (I think Cuban) photoshop'd mockup of an Active Roster with some changes made to it, it looked pretty good, Ill try and find it.

Circle T

I've been meaning to read the Halo books for quite some time, but never got around to it. Is there a generally accepted order that I should read them? Let me know, because I think I'm finally going to start. Thanks.

Specify an order for me...

Halo: The Fall of Reach
Halo: The Flood
Halo: First Strike
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
Halo: Contact Harvest
Halo: The Cole Protocol
Halo: Evolutions

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nice, I haven't trolled a Bnet thread in months! :lol

edit: Damn, it's been locked :((((((((((