• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Kibbles

Damn I'm seeing th Reach ad a lot on TV. I don't remember seeing the Halo 3 ad this much. Microsoft is really ready to pump up the marketing for this into full gear.

big ander

Reflection looks BEAUTIFUL, Zealot looks cool but I don't see how it's Midship, and Spire looks hella fun.
Glad I stayed up until 2:30 :lol

GhaleonEB

And I hate to be that guy, but I think the new maps, videos, campaign impressions and screens sort of warrant a new thread, ya know? Someone will make it soon anyways. There's HUGE amount of content that just landed.

Gamespot mentioned throwing grenades while riding a Pelican. Yippe!

halo-reach-20100803092846750_640w.jpg

metareferential said:
Yes Ghal, we need a thread, so we can keep track on the various links that will be popping out.

Go for it. xD
I wasn't going to do it, I'm going to bed. :lol

If it's not up when I wake up, I'll fire it up.

The new campaign screens are INSANE.

halo-reach-20100803092828047.html

halo-reach-20100803092818859.html

Revenant is a two-seater.

Kibbles

GhaleonEB said:
And I hate to be that guy, but I think the new maps, videos, campaign impressions and screens sort of warrant a new thread, ya know? Someone will make it soon anyways. There's HUGE amount of content that just landed.

Gamespot mentioned throwing grenades while riding a Pelican. Yippe!
Yes, I'd love to be able to discuss this stuff without all the spoiler tags...

feel

New thread is definitely justified, but since it will be about both the new SP and MP stuff, it would be nice if you could put up a notice for people to spoiler tag (and not embed pics of) the campaign stuff.

edit- you just posted a campaign pic yourself, I guess campaign spoilers are unavoidable now, I will have to go completely dark and miss out on the non-campaign news and random halogaf shenanigans for a month and a half. :(

edit2- wait, nevermind, I can activate a image blocker, duh

Mik2121

So I guess we will stop posting on this one and move to the next thread?. Cool... :/

EDIT - Wait, the new thread would be full of spoilers without the spoiler tag? Ughh.. :(

Can't wait for the Official Thread.

Mik2121

EazyB said:
Wowzers

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/110/1109806/halo-reach-20100803092958467.jpg[IMG]

Fucking huge![/QUOTE]
Isn't that from the campaign? Hey.. thanks for the spoiler.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn, I think I might stay out now.

Yea, I'll float around in less spoilerific Halo threads if they arise.

zumphry

Banned
Ugh, curse my weakness to spoiler tags and links. Even though it's kinda minor stuff, it's still pretty bad that I'm already caving in. :lol

The new maps look really awesome in action, Spire reminds me a bit of Relic, and Zealot looks more like a quazi-remake/spiritual successor rolled into one of Midship than a "remake".

EazyB

Banned
Mik2121 said:
Isn't that from the campaign? Hey.. thanks for the spoiler.
Officially released screens in a thread about the campaign. If someone wants to post a thread entitled "Halo Reach Thread of Avoiding News and Talking about old Shit over and over Again" I'll respectfully avoid it.

Here's a shot of invasion on Spire where the Spartans are on the offensive and needing to grab the core:
halo-reach-20100803101517982.jpg

Zealot looks huge, I'm thinking it could be a BTB map. Edit: Guess it's designed for 4v4, it's quite a bit bigger than midship though.
halo-reach-20100803101521325.jpg

feel

Hypertrooper said:
Just bought the german Gamepro. Start reading now. If anyone want to know sth.(Are there any scans out there?) you can ask me.
Panoptical: regular mp or firefight map?

Mik2121

EazyB said:
Officially released screens in a thread about the campaign. If someone wants to post a thread entitled "Halo Reach Thread of Avoiding News and Talking about old Shit over and over Again" I'll respectfully avoid it.

Here's a shot of invasion on Spire where the Spartans are on the offensive and needing to grab the core:
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/110/1107261/halo-reach-20100803101517982.jpg[IMG]

Zealot looks huge, I'm thinking it could be a BTB map.
[IMG]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/110/1107261/halo-reach-20100803101521325.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow... ok, dude. I don't know what's wrong with what I said. You could have at least made some sort of spoiler alert or wait a bit until we get the spoiler-free thread ready to go.

We don't have (at least that I know) any other Halo thread right now to talk about other stuff, except for the re-playing Halo thread.

Oh well. Thanks for the MP pics anyway, they look great.

feel

Hypertrooper said:
There is nothing about a map called Panoptical. Maybe i'm too stupid to find it.
Thanks, and that's weird, Dani mentioned a map called Panoptical being talked about in that issue. Feel free to share any new non-campaign info you find there.

Mik2121 said:
Wow... ok, dude. I don't know what's wrong with what I said. You could have at least made some sort of spoiler alert or wait a bit until we get the spoiler-free thread ready to go.

We don't have (at least that I know) any other Halo thread right now to talk about other stuff, except for the re-playing Halo thread.

Oh well. Thanks for the MP pics anyway, they look great.
EazyB does this from time to time. This is his 'fuck you' to the rules. Could he wait for another thread? Nope. Could he use the hyperlink function? Not a chance. Could he he a hypocrit after saying that a multiplayer map shouldn't be in tags but now apparently that applies to campaign and other important info? Believe.

EazyB said:
Officially released screens in a thread about the campaign
*looks at thread title*

Would you look at that, this was discussing that campaign trailer that was released. It would almost be too obvious to say that this thread wasn't intended for the info you described bro.

Kibbles

I love this screen. This environment and similar screenshots with the elite on this cliff were released with the first campaign preview so yeah.

halo-reach-20100803092955858.jpg

EazyB

Banned
IGN says the Falcon seats 5 people. That's about as close to a pelican drop as we're going to get. Going to lead to a lot of easy killtaculars and a few awesome assaults.

Hydranockz said:
EazyB does this from time to time. This is his 'fuck you' to the rules. Could he wait for another thread? Nope. Could he use the hyperlink function? Not a chance. Could he he a hypocrit after saying that a multiplayer map shouldn't be in tags but now apparently that applies to campaign and other important info? Believe.

*looks at thread title*

Would you look at that, this was discussing that campaign trailer that was released. It would almost be too obvious to say that this thread wasn't intended for the info you described bro.
u mad? Urk said long ago that significant content would be released and there are no rules I'm saying "fuck you" to. It's an awesome screenshot that was not part of some leak but instead officially released media. Ghaleon posted that first person shot from the falcon in campaign so I thought I was definitely good to go.

Mik2121

Alright I'm off to create a spoiler-less thread. EazyB you can be at ease posting as many spoilers as you want around here.

EazyB said:
u mad? Urk said long ago that significant content would be released and there are no rules I'm saying "fuck you" to. It's an awesome screenshot that was not part of some leak but instead officially released media. Ghaleon posted that first person shot from the falcon in campaign so I thought I was definitely good to go.
You love Ghaleon don't you? I just call douche moves as I see 'em. Both were rather bad in all fairness. It doesn't take any more effort to use a simple url tag does it?

EazyB

Banned
Hydranockz said:
You love Ghaleon don't you? I just call douche moves as I see 'em. Both were rather bad in all fairness. It doesn't take any more effort to use a simple url tag does it?
:lol

Ok, you're definitely mad.

Kibbles said:
I love this screen. This environment and similar screenshots with the elite on this cliff were released with the first campaign preview so yeah.

halo-reach-20100803092955858.jpg
vs
halo-reach-20100125052411024.jpg

Look at dat grass!

Mik2121

Alright. I have the thread pretty much ready (it's only a couple lines of text, but oh well). Should I create it? I definitely don't wanna get spoilers all over without any sort of alert, and I believe I'm not alone on this.

Should I go ahead and press Submit New Thread?

JMizzlin

Love how that baby Rancor appears as a regular blip on the radar. That will certainly lead to good times.

Oop, enemy got behind me. Probably a stealth Elite. I'll just turn around and -HOLY FUCK-

Its 2 am and i thought i was finally gonna go to sleep "early" goddamn these shots are good, this game will be amazing. I hate overhyping myself but this is 10 years ago (CE) all over again... the wonder, the scale, he mystery, the atmosphere... *drools* I know its different from CE but it has some similarities. Its like the CE of this generation.

dilatedmuscle said:
Its 2 am and i thought i was finally gonna go to sleep "early" goddamn these shots are good, this game will be amazing. I hate overhyping myself but this is 10 years ago (CE) all over again... the wonder, the scale, he mystery, the atmosphere... *drools* I know its different from CE but it has some similarities. Its like the CE of this generation.

The definitive Halo made by the people who created Halo.

Kibbles

EazyB said:
:lol

Ok, you're definitely mad.

vs
[IMG.]http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/106/1063481/halo-reach-20100125052411024.jpg[/IMG]

Look at dat grass!
Soo much better. Take that warthog shadow! :p

Mik2121 said:
Alright. I'm making it. Cya there guys, I don't think I wanna stay around this one.

Why would you make a thread that has the purpose of containing no spoilers? Where's the new information that warrants a new thread? There should be a new thread for the campaign previews and new maps, not for discussing old info.

Mik2121

Bungieware said:
Why would you make a thread that has the purpose of containing no spoilers? Where's the new information that warrants a new thread? There should be a new thread for the campaign previews and new maps, not for discussing old info.
I don't know.. I'm fine with having spoilers posted, just with spoiler tags or using urls for campaign stuff.

Now we only have this, but what if in a couple weeks some review releases a screenshot of the very last scene in the game and EazyB comes by and posts it, just because he can?.
Plus, we also need a place to keep talking about Halo 3 online games and customs, so what better than having it all in a single place?

Mik2121 said:
I don't know.. I'm fine with having spoilers posted, just with spoiler tags or using urls for campaign stuff.

Now we only have this, but what if in a couple weeks some review releases a screenshot of the very last scene in the game and EazyB comes by and posts it, just because he can?.
Plus, we also need a place to keep talking about Halo 3 online games and customs, so what better than having it all in a single place?

Yes, people should use spoiler tags and urls on spoilers. But only if they are spoilers. If you don't want to see campaign screens or read previews then you shouldn't be in the Halo threads on GAF, although all this info should definately be in a new thread anyway. But usually on GAF there are threads that use spoiler tags, and threads that don't. Because at least if you're not sure you can use spoiler tags, which is something that you can't really do in spoiler free threads (and as this thread has shown, not everyone has the same definition of spoilers).

Mik2121

Bungieware said:
Yes, people should use spoiler tags and urls on spoilers. But only if they are spoilers. If you don't want to see campaign screens or read previews then you shouldn't be in the Halo threads on GAF, although all this info should definately be in a new thread anyway. But usually on GAF there are threads that use spoiler tags, and threads that don't. Because at least if you're not sure you can use spoiler tags, which is something that you can't really do in spoiler free threads (and as this thread has shown, not everyone has the same definition of spoilers).
Oh. I guess I should have been more explicit or more properly named the thread I made.

You can still post spoilers on that thread. What you can't do is just go and post screenshots of the campaign (urls are ok) or spoilers without using the spoiler tags.

Apparently we can post and talk about anything we want, post screenshots of huge enemies never seen before and whatnot, without even posting a spoiler alert.

I don't think everybody is happy with that. That's why I made the other thread.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
what's the release date on this video. game.

Top Bottom