• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Toddler

Letters said:
Wait, are you just curious, or you really didn't save that thing to your pc?? =/

In case you really lost it for good, here's the gif I made back then:
mw46mr.jpg

Better than nothing.
That is bonkers!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Can somebody please PM me a link to the new info? I end up buying the magazines anyway, and if Bungie shared it with GamePro, I doubt they are really spoilers.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Halo Reach Spoilers

(Seriously! Do not highlight unless you want a few surprises ruined!)

Panoptical - New unseen multiplayer map

Wildlife - two giant beasts fighting against a horde of Elites and the animals just destroy them

Battles - epic fight in a cutscene with many Scarabs

Source: German Gamepro (it has new media/screenshots)
This is the kind of info I don't mind one bit. Awesome, fuck-awesome, and hell yeah. :D

Dani said:
Halo Reach Spoilers

(Seriously! Do not highlight unless you want a few surprises ruined!)

Panoptical - New unseen multiplayer map

Wildlife - two giant beasts fighting against a horde of Elites and the animals just destroy them

Battles - epic fight in a cutscene with many Scarabs

Source: German Gamepro (it has new media/screenshots)
oh nice, can't wait to see #2 up close :D

Already have an image in my mind of a couple of ultralisks from Starcraft tearing apart some covenant. That would definitely give me a solid nerd boner.

Monocle

Letters said:
Wait, are you just curious, or you really didn't save that thing to your pc?? =/

In case you really lost it for good, here's the gif I made back then:
mw46mr.jpg

Better than nothing.
The plasma launcher was ridiculous! :lol

In the Beta I used a jetpack to rush for it at the beginning of most Swordbase games. So many killing sprees...

Mik2121

You know what Bungie needs to fix? Angry team killers. Holy crap I hate those.

I was playing right now, and this idiot, out of nowhere threw a Power Drain right in front of me even though there were no enemies nearby. I was like WTF? and punched him once and left.

About 10 seconds later, the fucker comes again and throws a plasma grenade right on my face, obviously killing me.

What the fuck is up with this kind of people? Seriously...

EDIT - I just checked the game results and there were 6 betrayals on my team. What the fuck... ( this is the game record )

Mik2121

If they can somewhat tell if someone's a rage quitter or his connection just dropped, they could tell if someone accidentally killed someone else (ie, an enemy being nearby, for example) or they just like team killing (ie, having lots of betrayals in their Service Record, with no enemies nearby most of the times).

But really.. check my edit. There were 6 betrayals on a 12 minute game, and all within my team. That's messed up :/

Mik2121 said:
You know what Bungie needs to fix? Angry team killers. Holy crap I hate those.

I was playing right now, and this idiot, out of nowhere threw a Power Drain right in front of me even though there were no enemies nearby. I was like WTF? and punched him once and left.

About 10 seconds later, the fucker comes again and throws a plasma grenade right on my face, obviously killing me.

What the fuck is up with this kind of people? Seriously...

EDIT - I just checked the game results and there were 6 betrayals on my team. What the fuck... ( this is the game record )

I know, right? Team Killers can make Halo a bad experience sometimes.

About a week ago, I started a game on Valhalla, and I immediately rushed the Banshee. I succeed in taking it but some fool on my team threw a Power Drain right as I was taking off, and he then managed to get a Plasma Pistol to constantly disable my Banshee so I couldn't move at all.

He then destroyed my Banshee, which in turn killed me. After I spawned, he kept trying to kill me and I can hear him through my TV calling me a "Fag" and a "Bitch" for "stealing his Banshee". Luckily the 3rd time he killed me I got the option to boot him. About 3 minutes later I got a message saying that "only fags boot people". Whenever I get hate messages, I just respond with a simple "can i touch ur butt".

That usually shuts 'em up!

I now what is like.

The point is: the internet (i.e. the world) is full of idiots; there's nothing we or Bungie could do to prevent idiots from being themselves.

They could implement some clever way of telling if a player made a mistake or was simply ruining everybody else's game, of course.

And Halo 3 already provides some good tools (other shooter have none).

Rage quitters and team killers are a big problem; I'd like a zero tolerance policy: like mothly bans or even something heavier.

Provided of course that there is a certain way to tell if a player really is an idiot and not just a goofy innocent guy.

Mik2121

I think I read that some days ago in this thread or the last one we were using? (I guess you posted it back then) But yeah, that's some huge bullshit. But hey.. this is a popular game, so chances of having idiots around increase so much it's not even funny.

Between this and all the elitists that go around bragging about their High Skill level (mine is 5, so you can just imagine the shock value for anyone above that level -pretty much everybody, I guess- that I beat and they notice my own level), it's like LIVE is packed with more idiots than I ever expected.

BTW I read somewhere that Reach would not have the normal ranks, but just work with the Credits, and to play same-level matches it would use some True Skill thing that would not be visible? Hopefully they do so, so all those elitists shut the hell up.

metareferential said:
I now what is like.

The point is: the internet (i.e. the world) is full of idiots; there's nothing we or Bungie could do to prevent idiots from being themselves.

They could implement some clever way of telling if a player made a mistake or was simply ruining everybody else's game, of course.

And Halo 3 already provides some good tools (other shooter have none).

Rage quitters and team killers are a big problem; I'd like a zero tolerance policy: like mothly bans or even something heavier.

Provided of course that there is a certain way to tell if a player really is an idiot and not just a goofy innocent guy.
Dunno, but guys like this should certainly get punished. This is the guy that teamkilled me:

http://seventhcolumn.bungie.net/Stats/Halo3/RankHistory.aspx?player=moneychris1017

Check his rank and the many times he decided to quit. I could believe if he had one or two quits (I have one because I accidentally touched the Slim360 power button with my feet.. :lol ), but 32 times out of 154 games? Yeahh...

feel

Sometimes I love griefing teamkillers. After someone betrays me on purpose, I get immense pleasure of making the rest of the match annoying for them in every way possible, until they end up betraying me a second time and get booted.

Hey You said:
nice, will check this one out

Guys, PLEASE spoiler tag the talk about new campaign details, this way the "in the dark about SP but not MP" people can still follow the thread.

edit- oooooooh, there's video footage of the mp maps, they look :O

B===D~~~~

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is it me or does Zealot, the Midship remake where "The layout of Midship remains largely unchanged here."(IGN Article) looks absolutely nothing like Midship? I'm down for new maps and if it's good, awesome! However, don't tease me like that by saying it's related to Midship in anyway. :lol

Mik2121

Woah! The multiplayer maps video looked amazing. I watched half of it and then decided to quit. We are only a month away from this game. I think I will be able to wait until then and see everything on my own TV while playing :p

It will be hard to prevent the exposure..

Wow, all those maps looks so good. Zealot is by far the most interesting looking map out of the 3, Reflection is just plain beautiful, and Spire just looks like tons of fun.

Also, couldn't resist reading about the Campaign. Doesn't reveal too much, but I'd still shy away from reading it.

Tashi0106 said:
Is it me or does Zealot, the Midship remake where "The layout of Midship remains largely unchanged here."(IGN Article) looks absolutely nothing like Midship? I'm down for new maps and if it's good, awesome! However, don't tease me like that by saying it's related to Midship in anyway. :lol

IGN is just full of idiots who sometimes don't know what they're talking about.

Mik, I completely agree.

Those idiots need to be taught a lesson.

Problem is, they all pay the game and the monthly subscription.

Though I'd love to see a message like "xxxfuckerSniper banned for a month". :lol

soldat7

I've been camping for a week so I'm just seeing this trailer now. I haven't read a single post in this thread other than the OP, but if any of you had anything negative to say about this trailer, well, you're off the Christmas card list. That was some EPIC stuff right there.

Butane123

Tashi0106 said:
I was watching the vid going "I don't see Midship". Well, he said it should be instantly recognizable to the long time Halo fan... maybe I never played it enough.

I'm trusting GAF on what are spoilers and what aren't, so far so good with the campaign details. Those multiplayer maps are looking beautiful as always (multiplayer spaces in Halo always seem more detailed and better looking than campaign spaces.... this obviously bodes well for Reach)

Sai-kun

Banned
Holy wow at some of those screenshots. Damn. I can't believe we're just a little over a month away from this. Daammnnn.

Kibbles

What the fuck is Hilary talking about, Zealot isn't a remake of Midship, it looks nothing like it. o_O
The layout of Midship remains largely unchanged here. Two bases sit on opposite sides of a small symmetrical ring, offering two levels to fight over.
Wow, I'm just not seeing it. Need more screens or a proper flythrough.

OMFG at the Campaign & MP Screens. I won't talk about them until everyone is ok with it, even though it is Bungie released, but holy fuck. The Falcon turret is in First Person, which is cool.

Still watching the video of the MP action, looks sexy as sexy can be.

Kibbles

God damn the game looks amazing graphically and gameplay wise! Can't believe we are only a month away. Fucking sucks Tuesday happens to be the day I have the most classes. Why do games have to be released on Tuesdays? Bah!

Mik2121

Yup. Reflection is so amazing. Hell, even a map like Zealot, whose Halo 3 version (well, not really, only the theme apparently, because the layout looks nothing like it) didn't look very hot to me, looks so damn amazing now, with all the glowing things and shininess and whatnot.

Seriously, this game is so damn hot looking.

Anyway, Reflection seems to be based in some Japanese or Chinese building. I'll guess Japanese, given how 'simple' the building looks. The building has some kanjis on the walls with 'North, South, East, West' written on each.

feel

Reflection just looks like nothing seen on Halo before, I love it. I like how the metallic symbols on the walls shine and reflect light as you walk around.

The pistol reticule still seems to almost disappear after it expands though, I thought they had fixed that? :/

Mik2121

Fuck. I ended up watching the whole MP maps video. Those maps are so beautiful, even though I can't still understand why would a building have "North South East West" written on huge kanji on the walls. But that's just an incredibly small detail on an otherwise amazing map.

Now I only need to wait a whole month without watching any other video...

But really, this game is looking even better (visually) than I ever expected.

NOKYARD

I like to experience games with fresh eyes and would be happy if Bungie announced Reach on Sept 13 for a Sept 14 release. They had my sale for this game since the summer of 2001. :D

This is too much for me (the spoilers) so i am going to go as dark as i can. I will pop in as the BWU threads go up but will dart out the second i see a spoiler tag (i find them hard to resist). Besides, i have to focus on getting High Speed Halo.net ready for Reach and HaloGAF can easily suck an hour out of my day.

work in progress…

See you in customs.

COTDAYUM Reflection looks like a Mirror's Edge map. BEAUTIFUL.

And the muffled sound on Zealot when in the zero-grav area is niiiiiiice.

GhaleonEB

Top Bottom